Who in their right mind thought buffing Mcree like this is a good idea?

I say the same about bastion, you see how much trouble the pro scene is having with him right now?

McCree’s stun combo don’t counter flankers because McCree have one chance to land the stun, and if he fails, he is an easy target against both Genji and Tracer. He needs to land three bodyshots (or a headshot/bodyshot) against hypermobile targets, and they have a stronger burst compared to him.

It’s on the same level of “a boosted Pharah rockets instakill Tracer”. Yeah, but landing that rocket is harder than landing in any other 200 HP hero that isn’t supermobile.

The fan the hammer buff didn’t helped with his stun combo against flankers because they already died to the old fan combo (or a headshot/bodyshot, which, again, was easy to do).

Buffing FtH damage only help McCree on tankbusting, and he being able to tankbust was the exactly reason why it was nerfed back in season 1.

The stun is part of the counter in her kit. I still find it very reliable.

I mostly find egregious how far the devs go into adjusting numbers to the point that Tracer just don’t feel the impact of her main weakness, which is being a 150 HP hero. If the shield bash damage was reduced to 10 instead of 5 it would allow us to still combo Tracer to death with one additional hit (flail, bash, flail, whip). Right now, this combo do 145 damage.

McCree basic attack deal 70 damage, so it don’t instakill Tracer with a headshot. Ana’s rifle deal 70 damage so she needs a third shot to kill Tracer (the same amount she needs to kill any 200 HP hero). Hanzo storm arrow was nerfed to exactly 70 damage as well.

Blizzard need to be less scared of 75 damage stuff. Tracer’s frailty is part of her character archetype (fragile speedster, glass cannon), but the devs keep trying reeeeeeeally hard for her to not feel that way.

2 Likes

If you are trying to shield bash tracer you doing it wrong.

An good tracer will blink away when you get to close. That is why it is the Armour that counters her not the stun

That’s calling “zoning”. You scare her away with your 7m stun zone. You have a shield that can tank 4 full clips before breaking, which is plenty of time to press her against a wall, or make her give up on attacking your backline.

Brigitte is a guard dog. She don’t need to kill Tracer if Tracer don’t invade her space. Now that she can’t start shatter combos against red Rein, she is back to that job, and she is really good on that role.

2 Likes

Tracer whole existent is avoid things that will one shot you.

Brigs short range stun is no different than anythign else

Let’s move this discussion to the proper thread, shall we?

This one is to complain about Fan the Hammer buffs.

Excuse the f*** me?

Are you actually for real?

For your information, McCree’s spread is 6.5 degrees. Reaper and Roadhog’s spread are 20.1 degrees. It might be easy to HIT someone with the pellets, but if you want to be effective with Reaper or Roadhog, you need far more aim and far closer range than McCree’s fan the hammer ever needs.

People are also freaking out because unlike McCree, Reaper and Roadhog do not have something to lock people in place so they can blindfire into them

3 Likes

this game just suffered goats for a year because they never play tested brigitte.

nothing they could do to counteract it is stupid. i love it. all the hamtaros, hogs, reinhardts, winstons and zaryas of the world know to stay out of my face and get that “DPS except just really fat” crap outta here

like lmao people are just mad braindead is getting countered with braindead

1 Like

Seriously I asked if McCREEEEEE could ride Orisa (or any other tank) as an ult.
I would define that as " literally anything but a FtH buff"

1 Like

The goal of buffing McCree was to make him a stronger pick as a hitscan hero, because all of his competition was objectively better in the vast majority of scenarios.

GOATS on its own is overpowered and needs to be nerfed accordingly, and the issue of which hitscan heroes are strongest should be kept as a separate issue. Buffing heroes to counter other heroes who are already broken is objectively the wrong way to go about balancing, as you will simply create a power creep.

1 Like

FoTH is good at doing lots of damage to tanks which is what this game needs right now.

McCree is trash tier he has one of the lowest win rate in the game…STILL

It’s Blizzard, what did you expect? They always nerf skill and buff non-skill in the same patch, often to ridiculous levels.

1 Like

They probably just assume that we don’t know anything about balancing so they do the opposite of what we ask.

1 Like

They won’t buff Reaper because they enjoy watching me suffer.

The problem is that Reaper needs his shadowstep reworked, also reaper doesn’t make enough damage for goats.

i say it everytime Blizzard should replace the Balance Team whit some inelligent Hamsters for 1 day and we isntant going to get better balancing

Plz Blizzard just think about it

Looks like they forgot Reaper exists so they made him counter Goats ._.

McCree is a even better tank buster now, making Reaper even more useless.

Yup I posted before that this was the wrong if not worst way to buff Mccree. Just what are you doing Blizz.

He did need a tweak… but not that tweak.

Honestly this McCree buff would have been much better before the Doomfist nerfs.

It’d make Flash+FTH a guaranteed kill on him (I believe) if you manage to catch him.

Not saying DF didn’t need his nerfs though.