Experimental Mode – Quality of Life November 2020

Could you please not kill Brig? Not like we had a 20 healers pool or something.

2 Likes

This is honestly why I just use “Group Up” instead of trying to say, “come to me”. It’s hard to get that line to work consistently and when you say, “I need healing,” on accident, it makes the other support look to you and pulls their attention from the rest of the team, potentially cause a negative domino effect.

If I need healing, I’ll hit X. If I’m not close enough or out of LoS, I’ll use Group Up.

They should probably just add it as an entire different line, like the new ones they’ve added and you can bind it.

If they can’t be good, because “nobody would have fun”, where is the point in having these characters in the game? Delete them, and let Master/Grand Master have their fun. All 90% of the player base not in those ranks, just go play another game. This one is only for TOP players.

The balance only matters for those top players. Anyone in Diamond and below has other things holding them back. The balance doesn’t affect them because they’re not good enough yet.

Better yet, just remove that voice line from Genji. Problem solved.

Following some reported issues with Pharah’s Experimental update, we have removed the ability for players to crouch mid-air to accelerate downward. This is something we may test again in the future, but will need to implement some fixes before it’s ready again.

9 Likes

Can we at least have the numbers for this so I can just, like, code it myself in the Workshop?

'Was really looking forward to trying this one out.

:joy: :joy: :joy: wow something new :joy: :joy: :joy:

I only accept this change if she does the superhero landing (like in the highlight intro) when she gets to the ground.

1 Like

Y’all should use this as an opportunity to reimplement it as an alternate cooldown (similar to Hanzo’s leap) that gives her a jump-jets-like impulse downward instead of using her fuel.

In practice, it only felt substantial if you used it to negate some of the upward momentum of jump jets to control that height or quickly bounce back down from the apex. Once you were in normal hover flight, it wasn’t a massive difference; and definitely not enough to justify using her already limited fuel (since the last change to her flight)

Please don’t go through with the brig changes she’s good where she is right now, 225 hp gives her that extra bit she needed to continue being a brawl support while not being able to 1v1 dps, if it’s taken away and nothing else is done to compensate she’ll just be garbage again

6 Likes

This Brig nerf that is in the works in Experimental will make her completely unplayable. No one will want to play her. If you guys are going to go through with giving her 150 HP then you might as well just remove her from the hero roster altogether. Seriously.

5 Likes

Please don’t leave Brig like this. She was utterly useless at 200 hp. She needs to be tanky in order to have value. Please look into Repair Pack instead of nerfing her health back. I’m begging you. :sob::sob::sob:

10 Likes

Ive stopped playing months ago but like to pop in from time to time to see if it worth coming back… seeing that the bias balancing is still going on makes me sad.

See ya next year hopefully the winter break clears the mind of the balancing team.

Seriously, Brigitte, one of the most unique support heroes and unique heroes in this game gets gutted so the status quo can remain. Brigitte lost much of her uniqueness after her rework in 2v2v2 changes. And its becoming even more apperent that she absolutely what so ever is NOT supposed to be played like a tank/support, WHICH IS WHAT HER ENTIRE CHARACTER IS SUPPOSED TO BE!

Stop trying to make Brigitte a generic support, it doesn’t work with her tool kit, she’s a tanky melee support. Make her heals weaker and let her be the tank/support she was always supposed to be!

Its so infuriating to have one of my favorite heroes in this game be reduced this. Makes me not want to play this game anymore.

7 Likes

Please fix. This fixes Pharah hard. Please

2 Likes

Let Mercy cancel resurrect.

3 Likes

what the hell happened to the pharah buff?

its too powerful an ability for that to be the case her rez is one of the only times shes truly vulnerable due to her high mobility

Keep it up with the QOL!

• Let Symmetra mash TP until the surface is valid instead of forcing her to wait through a 0.5 second animation to pull it up again if she misclicks
  • Put a triple chevron indicator above Symmetra to indicate to allies what charge level she is at any given time
  • Mark the sentry that Symmetra will replace if she casts another while 3 are deployed with a darker blue on the hud indicator
  • Give Symmetra a hero specific setting to default Photon Barrier orientation to vertical vs horizontal
  • Make reinhardt dynamically transparent the closer he stands to allies (or at the very least, to bastion who suffers the most with this)
  • Allow players to refuse rez and give mercy the chance to save the ability if the refusal happens within 0.25 seconds of the ability cast
  • Adjust the transparency on literally all of Moira’s abilities to reduce clutter
  • Give Ashe a “prompt-and-confirm” option in hero specific settings so she can aim B.O.B. without error
  • Have the POV return to Junkrat immediately after the detonation of Riptire instead of focusing on the explosion for roughly 1 second

These are all the changes I can think of off the top of my head, but QOL are always appreciated