Experimental Mode – Moving the Meta with Hero Updates

Good I’m glad they’re nerfed those 2

3 Likes

200+50 armour, they only reduced the base HP

9 Likes

I think if they do not go with the HP change it will be ok. Better heal for yourself but less healing for the team is a good change imo. It buffs her self survival which is the whole point of Brig while letting other healers like Lucio compete with her aoe sustain.

3 Likes

Hm, I see that wasn’t made very clear. I’m sure people are going to think it’s 150 total.

11 Likes

Your guess is as good as mine. These changes lack commentary, so not sure what the intention of individual changes are.

oh dont worry im typing it rn

Every compensation buff she’s had since her shield nerf is now gone or worse. Basically that additional projectile speed is to make up for 2 second increase in shield cooldown, 300hp barrier reduction, fortify reduction, increased fortify cooldown, etc.

Orisa’s already in a very bad spot right now, this isn’t helping.

8 Likes

Sigma more so than Orisa. They just killed him and kept shooting the body until it was no more.

Either nerf individually is fine to some degree, but together it’s just like beating a dead horse. It does lower the viability and strength of the double shield Orisa-Sigma comp, but it really hurts his defensive capabilities in the long run. You could still make the case for playing him if you’re a god tier Sigma player, which most of us aren’t. Hopefully if he does end up getting nerfed after this experimental card goes away it’d be one or the other and not both so he wouldn’t be in an awkward spot.

5 Likes

Brig

• Base health lowered from 200 to 150

Inspire

• Total healing decreased from 130 to 90 (Healing reduced from 21 to 15 health per second)
  • Self-healing is no longer reduced by half.

Look I don’t mind her healing being nerf and reverting her original self healing, but you can’t just reduce her health to 150. This would destroy her as a hero.

17 Likes

I think once they completely trash Sigmas shield they will start putting power back into Orisas. Hers is the easiest to play around and it’s less versatile. I just wish they wouldn’t tip toe around Sigmas shield, just wreck it and buff the rest of his kit. That will give them a chance to put power back into Orisas shield so she can be run as a solo barrier again.

3 Likes

This experimental is deliberately designed to kill Orisa/Sigma double-shield. I think both need a re-work but short of that the only solution is to dumpster them. You can only raise shield break rate so far before it becomes an entirely different issue.

I think these are great changes, heres for everyone thinking they are bad.

1. Sigma Orisa Brig has been meta for a year, its time for a change.
  2. Overwatch is supposed to be a fast paced shooter game. Instead you have double shield poke now for a year. Yes the DPS is much better now not stuck on brig/mei/reaper but the tanks are stuck on Sig Orisa and supports mostly Bap Brig.
  3. None of these heroes are completely killed. Orisas halt has been the most broken thing in the game for a while and its finally fixed, she can still be played but she has a higher skill ceiling now as the halt is harder to execute.
    Brigitte can still be viable and played at times but you might see other heroes as Zen Ana come into the meta which is a good change as brig has been meta for so long and kinda ruins the fast paced gamestyle.
    Sigma will still be viable, again he will just have a higher skill ceiling to master as his shield is lower and his grasp is higher cooldown.

All in all i think ev pro player will like these changes as most main tanks are finally out of Orisa jail and many of the main supports will be out of brig jail. Good change in a good direction!

6 Likes

For those who are rewarded by actually hitting their hooks

4 Likes

LMAO dont let hog buffs go live he can 1 shot with bodyshot

4 Likes

They haven’t. Atleast not for 96% of the playerbase. The one that’s been meta for a year are Rein and Zar.

18 Likes

Neither of them need a rework. Sigmas shield is so versatile you can play double barrier with both Orisa and Rein but Orisa + Rein together is a bad combo because they lack the area control of off tanks which Sigma does not. Wreck Sigmas shield even more, buff other parts of his kit and then Orisa is free to have more shield hp again.

1 Like

? No? Sigma Orisa has been meta in Contenders, OWL and masters + for the past year buddy

1 Like

Forums

OVERWATCH RETAIL PATCH NOTES – AUGUST 6, 2020

Announcements

/

Josh Nash

17 posts

Community Manager

27m

Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – August 6, 2020

A new patch is now live on Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum.
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.

EXPERIMENTAL MODE

The next experiment begins! This time we’re hoping to get your feedback on some balance updates focused on shifting away from a barrier-heavy meta. We’re using the 2-2-2 Role Queue ruleset so that you can get a feel for how these balance changes might affect the live game.

HERO UPDATES (ONLY IN EXPERIMENTAL)

Brigitte

General

• Base health lowered from 200 to 150

Inspire

• Total healing decreased from 130 to 90 (Healing reduced from 21 to 15 health per second)
  • Self-healing is no longer reduced by half

Orisa

General

• Base armor reduced from 250 to 200

Halt!

• Radius reduced from 7 to 4 meters
  • Projectile speed increased from 20 to 30

Pharah

Hover Jets

• Movement speed increased 20%
  • Regeneration rate reduced from 50 to 35 per second

Barrage

• Duration reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds

Roadhog

Scrap Gun

• (General) Ammo reduced from 6 to 5
  • (General) Damage per projectile increased from 6 to 7
  • (General) Recovery increased from 0.7 to 0.85 seconds

Sigma

Experimental Barrier

• Health reduced from 900 to 700
  • Regeneration rate reduced from 120 to 80 per second

Kinetic Grasp

• Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds

Symmetra

Photon Projector

• (Primary Fire) Delay before losing charge increased from 2 to 4 seconds

Teleporter

• Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds

Zenyatta

Orb of Destruction

• (Secondary Fire) Charge rate increased 15% (0.6 down to 0.52 seconds per orb)
  • (Secondary Fire) Rate of fire increased from 8.5 to 9 shots per second
3 Likes

Most of this seems agreeable but those Sigma nerfs are outrageous. Is this the limit? Is this the nerf that actually ends the double barrier meta rather than making Orisa and Sigma even more dependent on each other? Of course, by then they will be utterly useless when paired with other tanks.

Why not just increase each main tanks’ barrier HP but make it so that multiple main tanks present on a team will decrease the maximum HP of each hero’s barrier? Then Sigma and other barrier tanks can be played with an off-tank without making double barrier too strong.

2 Likes

But he didn’t need it hahaha. There are games where I hit a disgusting amount of hooks. He has no decent team synergy, and his gun on its own can be like rolling dice (outside of point blank left clicking tanks) because of the random spread. This doesn’t do anything meaningful for him :frowning:

3 Likes