Does nobody play comp or what?

I’m a dps player and these queue times suck but whatever. But I just waited 12 minutes to get queued into a game with tanks BOTH 300 sr below mine with support being 100 below. I’m at 3100 sr. DO you just get whoever the hell is available or what is going on. I didn’t think we could get into games with people with so different sr.

Easy fix, give 5 less SR for DPS wins in Diamond-through-GM.

And you’ll magically have better queue times :slight_smile:

1 Like

Idk that sounds like the magic potion for disappearing players

11 Likes

I don’t like the atmosphere and expectations in comp so I barely ever play it other than to do my placements.

2 Likes

I have been a D.Va main since Day 1 that the game released, and all I ever do is lose every game I played her in this season. For the way this game is currently balanced, I say screw comp! I have enough gold guns- it’s not worth the stress or my time. I’m not sure why I even continue running placements each season. If DPS queue times are long, then apparently I’m not alone thinking this with regards to balance.

1 Like

Technically that would improve queue times…

But realistically if there’s less DPS in higher ranks, you got better queue times in higher ranks.

If DPS derank down to larger population groups, they got better queue times.

And the status quo will also result in players quitting, so there’s not much to lose.

And if you move the problem away from high ranks, and towards middle ranks, then it’s a lot easier to solve.
Since there’s 12x more players in Gold+Plat, than there is in Masters+GM.
So any incentive for more tanks, will be 12x stronger.

1 Like

I didnt mind the queue times and the matches felt better and more fair then they ever had, but what killed it for me is the balance/meta of the heroes themselves. Hitscan feels useless now and Doomfist in 4/5 of my games was a pain i didnt know existed outside of FFA

Just not enough tank and support players.

No offense bud but you’re not a developer, this wont be a better fix what you’re trying to suggest here.
You seriously dont know what you’re talking about do you?

2 Likes

I’ve lost over 400 SR playing her this season and sunk my tank role to gold. This boring Origma meta is 100% flaming garbage.

4 Likes

^Sigma: “Observe the barrier!”

3 Likes

Lots of people still play comp.

It’s just that there are VASTLY more people who want to play DPS.

Well then :slight_smile:

PlanetSide 1
About 40 of my suggested changes got into the game, including how all the zones interconnected, base binding, and ground vehicle hotdropping.
I also created a 1Mb version of their 8GB installer, that was downloaded 13,000+ times, and later copied by the SOE devs in a 10Mb version.

TRIBES 1
I made a server modication with 10 classes, that was run by 40 servers, and had years of tournament play, with 20+ teams.

Overwatch
I’ve been posting RoleQueue concepts consistently for about the past year, notably these two:
✅ [Role Select] Finalizing this concept
✅ [2-2-2] Putting RoleQ into Quickplay

And considering how often I’m right about highly specific gameplay changes, I at least figure I “know what I’m talking about”.
GreyFalcon Topic Codex

2 Likes

Suuure bud suuuure.

I literally dont care about your ‘‘40’’ suggested things, etc. That still doesnt make you a developer. Or someone who decides what’s good for the game or not.

Also, you posting those concepts of role q, doesnt meant that they copied it from yours just sayin’.

And considering how often you’re not right about higly specific gameplay changes, doesnt mean that they should listen to you about everything you say. And doesnt mean that every one of those are good for the game.

Specially the last ideas you’ve been throwing around. Like the one with the backfill changes for ranked.

1 Like

Do you have a better idea than his? Because it makes complete sense

what real reason do I have to play ranked over quickplay?

mechanically the only difference is you are forced to switch sides whilst in QP you have to wait till the loading screen is finished.

visually, unless you actually care about your rank, ranked only has extra shiny pixles that supposedly approximate your rank

and socially, well lets just say if am not getting moaned or berated at because of my rank then i will get it from the characters I like to play.

the seasons are a joke they blend into one another ive forgotten what season we are on now, they not special in anyway they’re shorter probaly to appease gold weapon hoarders

Nobody is playing anything Blizzard right now

I actually think it’s a pretty great idea to have another match ready in 45 seconds, instead of having 11 players have to reenter the queue.

Play fortnite

No one is playing comp because they decided to hand out SR in off roles, instead of letting people earn SR by role, and screwed up all the games anyway.