Confirmed: Sigma nerf/Sombra buff on PTR

Here is a clip It hurts just looking at it tbh…

If this isn’t a bug… Well I would be pretty mad Blizz Stop using Sombra as you damn Savetiy break whenever some Hero is more poweverfull then he should be…

Its cheap and ruin any posibility for the savety break Hero to be of actual value outside of countering comps that won’t be played anyway when the Hero is choosable…

4 Likes

^^this. It will get Sigma out of the meta, but wont get Sombra back into the game.

5 Likes

It looks like, based on the barrier animation, it’s being forcibly recalled. I just don’t really find that necessary. If it’s out and sigma is hacked, then just make it so he can’t recall it. That makes his barrier a sitting duck and eliminates the edge it has over other barriers: its ease of repositioning. It’s fine like that. Hack recalling it is a bit much.

1 Like

It already does that.

I know. It should stay that way.

1 Like

As it should be, a movable/adjustable shield with no cooldown between redeploys is the same thing a Rein carrying it on his arm.

Sigma has many caveats that shouldn’t be, this is one of the many.

This nerfs heroes that don’t need nerfs. We need to stop the power creep and nerf the heroes that need nerfing and stop just buffing heroes to compensate every time there is a new meta.

Sombra’s hack cannot affect abilities that do not require you to press a button. Sigma’s barrier is similar in deployable like Orisa barrier, but he needs a button to use it like Reinhardt.

Sombra SHOULD be able to hack his ability to put up shield and recall his shield, BUT she never should be able to make his shield disappear into the void if Sigma ever gets hacked. If sigma gets hacked during shield deployment, he should not be able to press button again to stop his shield. Because the shield doesn’t require a button press to stay up, sombra shouldn’t be able to hack this. Sombra cannot hack a symmetra and kill her shield which is already deployed, neither can she hack an orisa and make the shield disappear.

If this interaction is in fact, intended behaviour, they are breaking the ruleset of sombra’s hack and directly trying to affect the meta yet again by making stuff suddenly hardcounter. But they’ve done so before by making damageboost not interact with certain ultimates.

No, the sombra hack rules have been stated that if an ability requires you to press a button, it will be hacked. Brigitte’s inspire cannot be hacked, rein who has to hold down right click to shield will be hacked. Sigma does not need to hold down a shield button in order for his shield to stay there, only to deploy and recall, so per these rules Sombra cannot hack his existing shield and make it disappear.

1 Like

Thats how it works on live. I was just stating how its on the PTR.

Yea, just wondering if it’s indeed a bug… or are they intentionally changing their own ruleset to artifically change doubleshield meta because people don’t like it.

Thats what we’re speculating. Kind of an bandaid fix.

Forcing people to play a niche char like sombra isn’t going to work lol.

And sombra’s purpose is more than a weaksauce, meta problem solver.

No, what this would result in people stop playing Sigma because hes easily countered and we go back to Orisa Hog.
Sombra still not played and Sigma players mad.

2 Likes

I think at the least his rockets should do extra barrier damage it would be a much needed buff

Confirming this is an intended change for 1.40.

54 Likes

Well, i dont agree with this change, but i dont want to sound ungrateful.

17 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up, sounds good to me.

Thread blowing up in 3… 2… 1…

7 Likes

Is it a big of a change anyway?

And I oop

3 Likes