Confirmed: Sigma nerf/Sombra buff on PTR

What, really? Orisa’s shield should be cancelled by Hack as well, then, if we’re keeping things fair.

8 Likes

If you don’t mind the knee-jerk feedback, this sounds kinda strange. I’m not a massive fan of counter-intuitive interactions, since Orisa’s barrier doesn’t follow the same rules, despite being very similar.

Nevertheless, the change should be allowed to be tested, but please keep an eye on this one.

13 Likes

It’d make hack a monstrous ability, but actually I prefer having a Sombra denying barriers than having barrierwatch.

1 Like

But why? No other deployable works that way? Why give her a nonsensical buff that doesn’t address how bad Sombra feels to play now. Yes her use will increase but for the wrong reasons.

We don’t need the tank role even less popular.

18 Likes

I wonder if we’re going to see other changes too. Test time!

What Sigma nerf? :tea:

I wouldn’t mind doing this with Junkrat and Pharah too. Especially with Junkrat who works around traps and mines. 130x5 grenades ain’t gonna take down a rein shield and let alone 2-3 shields at best. Also, Pharah is in a tough spot with splash damage not that good.

I don’t think I’ll mind, although I’m hoping Sombra gets even more buffs.

I play both so i guess it’s kind of inconsequential for me

4 Likes

Giving explosives (Rockets, grenades etc) a boost against barriers could be a cool idea actually. I’m sure I’ve missed an ability that would be busted if given a boost against barriers, but still.

3 Likes

I think it makes sense tbh, Orisa’s barrier is independent of her when deployed, Sigma has to actively cast that same one and recall it like Rein, it is just not locked to his body.

It will result in less Sigma used and people going back to Orisa/Hog.
Which means Sombra is back to square 1 but blizzard managed to get rid of double barrier.

1 Like

By following this rule Moira shouldn’t be able to attack and Mercy’s damage boost.
They all require pressing a button.

I don’t know about if this is a buff or a bug, just point out the logic is not that accurate.

1 Like

Honestly Orisa should get the same treatment, Sombra has to be dropped because I don’t think 480 per clip is attractive on breaking her barriers, hacking Orisa (which is tough to do) should outright destroy it too.

Currently on live servers Sigmas barrier stays on the field when he is hacked. On the PTR it gets canceled.

One one hand this is a step toward killing this terrible meta, on the other hand this is a step toward making Sombra and her terrible kit more relevant.

A win-lose situation, I don’t know how to feel about this.

This isn’t a nerf, it is an inconsequential small nuisance from a hero almost nobody plays. A small fix.

1 Like

If people just stop playing Sigma she is just as bad as always.

2 Likes

I guess that’s true.

It shouldn’t. Sombra cannot hack/EMP animated skills or ultimates.

If it affects Sigma, then hack/EMP needs to affect Winston and Orisa as well.

I’m not complaining… I’m just saying it doesn’t make sense that hack prevents Sigma shield during animation.

2 Likes