Brigitte desperately needs buffs!

Hello!

Good, whatevertimeitisforyou!

Im making this post to revisit the problems with the new brigitte after the rework!
As like last time, im making this off the top of my head, so pardon if i do make any mistakes :slight_smile:
AND also, as like last time, thank you Titanium for inspiring me to make this larger post.

BUT!

Although the old one had them, this post wont have the sections, as theyll just be wasted time, i wont do them from now on unless the post is incredibly long, like my The Big Problems With Overwatch post was

So without further ado, lets get into the post!

Pickrate

So, the first point im making is about the pickrate for brigitte, and the other healers,
numbers taken from all ranks combined, not a specific rank, this point applies to all the statistics i provide throughout the post.

Pickrate percentages

1.Ana-10.47%
2.Moira-6.41%
3.Mercy-5.83%
4.Zen-3.57%
5.Lucio-3.56%
6.Baptiste-2.74%
7.Brigitte-1.37%

Her pickrate has overall worsened from the bad state it was at around my last post, where it was around 2.22%, its almost been cut in half since then, and brig at this moment sits at the 5th least picked hero in the entire game.

Most of my points from my last post still stands, so ill quote some of them here.

“Aside from the fact that brig cant defend herself from anyone from long range except with a shield thats destroyed fairly easy by the likes of mccree, hanzo, widow, and even genji to an extent. Theres nothing much a brigitte can really do against them except hide, and try to flail them away”

Rest of my points for the Pickrate argument dont go as well now, since they included a lot about goats, which was popular back then.

But now goats is dead, and so is brig even more so with them, even with the new rework which was horrendously probably the worst rework thus far, even worse than the mercy one, which in the beginning was quite good, making her a must pick, but id rather not start this argument here, as the thread is about brigitte.

Healer Kits

• Ana
    • Sleep Dart
    • Biotic Rifle
    • Biotic Grenade
  • Moira
    • Biotig Grasp
    • Biotic Orb
    • Fade
  • Zenyatta
    • Orb Of Destruction
    • Orb Of Harmony
    • Orb Of Discord
  • Lucio
    • Sonic Amplifier
    • Crossfade
    • Amp It Up

Then if you compare all of those to Brigittes kit

• Brigitte
    • Rocket Flail
    • Repair Pack
    • Whip Shot
    • Barrier Shield
    • Shield Bash

Which remains the same from the last post, but the implications of the kits have changed, now that goats isnt a thing, and barrierwatch is, why is the only healer with a barrier so bad?

Well to but it simply, she doesnt heal enough, her heal kit is about as slow as zen, and can be used 3 times and is depleated, her passive isnt nearly strong enough to keep alive a team. And her ult is simply just bad, but more on that later.

Damage

Damage Ana Mercy Moira Baptiste Brigitte Lucio Zen
Hero Damage 4311 491 7249 5237 5709 6612 10061
Eliminations 11.95 1.88 24.00 10.78 17.76 16.33 17.45

This seems normal, right?
well, comparing old statistics, everyone elses except for Ana, and brig’s stats have gotten better, and anas has changed by a mere 6damage, and 0.04eliminations, where as brigs has changed by over 200damage, and a whole 2eliminations.

as heres the old stats i had on my old

So Brig has started to do quite significantly less damage, not that incredibly much. but still enough to make a noticable difference.

Healing

Healing Ana Mercy Moira Brigitte Baptiste Lucio Zen
Amount 9635 11130 11721 8389 10723 9229 7242
You can see the difference between them quite well, the only hero being lower than brig being Zen, which has the damage to back up that low healing stat.

And comparing to the old stats, everyone else has stayted relatively the same as before, the largest gap being zen who has around 200 less now.

But brig has less healing than before, which is the thing that this rework was supposed to fix, that brig became more of a healer instead of a dps, but now she does less healing AND less damage.

Conclusion

In the end, i think the main killer of brig has been Role queue, not directly, but as goats died down and cant be used anymore, brig has stopped being as viable, and generally just became a lot worse of a hero, PLUS the rework really just made her less fun altogether, less healing, less damage, less fun

Thank you for reading!

My original post can be found here

Thank you, and have a nice day :slight_smile:

6 Likes

For the future, can we please cite the pick rates among just the Support roster, as there are only 2 support slots and they have less than half as many heroes to choose from as DPS do, so naturally their pick rates will be inflated respective to the DPS roster. Pick rates as a percentage of their role is a more accurate indication of that hero’s viability within their role.

Pick rates among the entire roster should be used when comparing the overall desirability of playing a specific hero.

1 Like

Ana-30.01%
Moira-18.43%
Mercy-16.77%
Lucio-10.20%
Zen-10.11%
Bap-7.92%
Brig-3.91%

2 Likes

I think they should just buff her shield HP back to 500 (or at least to 300) or make her self healing a bit stronger but right now, she is basically dead…

Dude. Honestly. Stop bringing up 3 month old forum posts.

i mean why not, let em live xD