Bastion could be removed and it'd have 0 impact

Yeah i just liked without reading the op

Jeff Kaplan has said baistion has an important role in Overwatch 2 and there already made a lot of that, so I don’t think it would work

thats why he is requried to reworked.

you cant fix bastions issue with just # changing.

a good turret will be oppressive. (let alone if hes put behind 2 barrier tanks and u cant touch him)

a bad turret…is useless.

its either sink or swim and no in between.

I can pressure Reins barrier with that amount of rounds?

Wow… are your legs hurting? From jumping to conclusions.

I guess Torbjorn never existed? The Omnic war?

None of that matters to you?

1 Like

Funny enough, I did Blizzard’s job for them.

2 Likes

You cannot be serious. Do you want to kill the game just so your main can be broken overpowered??

This would literally be the most overpowered and oppressive thing to ever be implemented in this game. You didn’t fix Bastion you made his so overpowered and oppressive he would singlehandedly shut down entire teams

People already despise Bastion, you’d only make everyone despise him and want him gone with these changes

I love all of these well thought out reasons you gave me… oh wait.

I can go into the numbers if you wish, this particular rework is a few years in the making.

Just remember, numbers don’t lie. But you do.
You see that number beside my name? That’s how long I’ve been discussing this particular problem.

Where did you get your information?

I find when I’m pressuring his barrier if I can fire for much longer than 3 seconds then I’ve got enough time to configure into sentry and deal more damage from sentry from.

My bigger concern is when Roadhog is getting close in a very cluttered part of the map so I know I have to get out of sentry otherwise he’ll easily hook me. Then, more ammo doesn’t matter as that means I’m fighting for longer, to win a close range duel with Roadhog I have to win the fight quickly because his shotgun does SO MUCH DAMAGE.

I’d rather have a significant primary fire damage increase even if it means:

• More spread (as wide as Sombra’s spread)
  • Smaller capacity (down to 20 rounds)
  • Closer fall-off for damage (as close as 15m)
  • Steeper falloff when (down to 30% of base damage)

Because that’s not hurting me where I REALLY NEED recon primary fire to be good, it’s only a cost for long range spam where it’s just not really important that I’m chipping away and annoying people that are super far away.

Something like 25 damage per bullet.

My issue with this is… Roady should be punished for pushing directly into you.

Instead of forcing you out, any attack from the front should be a skill shot at very least, such as being hooked around your own barrier when you mishandled or misplayed.

Now if he’s allowed to pressure your barrier for a long time, you’ve misplayed of course. But your own barrier should give you the ability and time to let him waste ammo, so you have a chance to run if you decide to.

Recon isn’t the issue, Recon is meant to be vulnerable in a sense… Sentry is the issue, it’s not defensive, nor is it aggressive. It’s not useful.

It doesnt take a few years to realise giving Bastion a tighter spread to make him more effective at long range, headshots to increase the already insanely high DPS he has even further, a personal barrier, an ult that gives him even more DPS with 0 downtime on his turret fire and a second powerful configuration with minimal downsides like an ammo or damage reduction is a bad idea, anyone who isnt a Bastion main would see that and think it’s a bad idea

That doesnt make you right dude

Common sense.

It’s almost as if you disregarded every single downside I gave him, because oh no… you’re only thinking about fighting against him.

You’re biased, you’re ill informed, and you’re making assumptions.

With a third of the ammo he would be reloading A HELL OF A LOT MORE OFTEN.
And it doesn’t take years to tell you that you can attack him when he’s reloading, because he physically cannot shoot you.

That barrier? Only regenerates when OUT of sentry, meaning he would have to move to keep it up. It would be shredded in moments after he sets up, meaning he’d be just as vulnerable in a bad player’s hands… if not more so, without Ironclad… which I outright removed.

Not a “dude” bro.

“Common sense” Is not a defense of ignorance.

Increase his reload time then, because it’s a fast reload for the amount of damage it does

What’s to stop Bastion from going into tank mode to keep laying down DPS, get his barrier back and then just set back up?

It really isnt when you consider most people hate Bastion and you want to make him even more powerful than he is already

Overwatch as it currently stands could get rids of its entire Damage-role line-up and have no impact whatsoever on the game. GOATS happened for a reason.

Bastion isn’t unviable, he’s just kinda irrelevant. He still has an incredibly good and powerful transformation Ultimate, but it’s not really necessary for winning games.

One of if not the longest reload in the game?
Hell no. It literally is one of if not the longest one currently in the game.

Look it up.

Nothing, in fact that would be a valid strategy… because he has to be playable.
In Tank he would only have a low damage very long reload single shot projectile, meaning if you dove onto him, he’d be decently fightable.

I can’t keep people from hating something, but Bastion is not a danger even now. People can hate all they want, but they would hate him even if he did nothing wrong anymore.

It’s okay to rethink your opinions, to even change them. It’s OKAY to change your mind.

Bastion has to be playable but if you can’t accept that, I can’t help you.

I’d like to punish him with recon primary fire which is something that not many consider COULD be good.

That’s a very dynamic fight which I think both will enjoy. I still have to keep as much distance as possible and dodge hook but the damage hero has a change against the tank hero by dealing enough damage. There’s more depth to it, it’s much more of a fair duel.

I have to be probably the only person on these forums who appreciates the lack of headshots as a means to balance heroes.

I think that McCree’s fan the hammer not dealing crits is vital to McCree’s balance and other heroes could embrace it, like Reaper’s spread could be reduced in exchange for his primary fire no longer dealing headshots. That would be really balanced, same damage just no headshots.

That’s not an unreasonable stance to take and is fundamental to how damage works.

It’s not just what’s good for one hero.

I think you’ve got a great deal for Bastion there but when I propose changes it’s how it helps with other heroes.

Why? This kinda goes against Bastion’s whole design… Sentry’s purpose.

Honestly other heroes need to rethink how they should attack Bastion.

You should never see a direct assault simply stomp him. Like you can with Roady. Don’t tell me you don’t just use your breather and walk up to him without a care… that should get you killed.

Bastion should follow the same logic as Widow, in a certain regard… would you walk directly towards a Widow, without using cover, or just directly assaulting her?

Even as Roady, you’d die. Unless you used cover, waited for her cooldowns to be up, and got close without being seen.

That doesn’t happen with Bastion… it doesn’t matter if you use cover, it doesn’t matter if you have abilities or not.

Hmm, well there is a danger that recon mode just becomes the means to move Bastion from the spawn room to wherever he’ll fight and Recon is neglected as a mode that’s relevant in combat.

I don’t think it should be even 50% of the power but the problem now is that recon is such a weak mode and this has kinda gotten into people’s mindset with the hero to “well Recon is irredeemably bad” when it’s bad for non-inherent reasons, the damage is really low.

Bastion’s recon primary fire is as low as Sombra’s primary fire!

Is there really much thought here?

I think there’s quite a bit of thought in a maneuver fight.

Well if Hog did do that and Bastion just spun around and shot at Hog then the barrier blocks at least 2 shots then 0.8sec for the Hook… it’s not enough time. Minigun melts hog before the hook lands.

But if the barrier could be destroyed by a single blast that’s too fast and we’re back to square 1.

Honestly I don’t see why it wouldn’t be the “Mid-long range poke/accurate damage” Mode.

Sentry being mid-short range effectively, and Tank being all-range projectile.

Well yea, the Hog SHOULD die in a full on “I’m gunna rush the Bastion” Situation.

If the Hog doesn’t help to destroy the barrier first, or hook him when the barrier is turned which would be often if the Bastion is contested at all, then the Bastion still dies.

A good Bastion doesn’t, as often.

But trying to play the game on paper is giving me a headache… we need to TEST it.

Because mid-range poke is just annoying, passive and not a particularly interesting way to play and you can poke with intermittently hopping in and out of sentry anyway.

The problem I outlined is more than a “rush” that’s even a really careful approach.

I don’t see why the testing wouldn’t manifest the problem I outlined.

Testing is to find unforeseeable problems for an idea that doesn’t have any otherwise foreseeable problems.

Like, you don’t need to test to know that McCree now survives Bastion’s ultimate rockets, it’s obvious that 205 damage is less damage than 225HP.