Applying Update. unknow error (HF-5)

I have message “unknown error (HF-5)” after few minutes of “applying update” when entering any game mode. After few days of weeks issue resolves occasionally, but after each update this problem repeats.

7 Likes

Still having this error for a few days now. Unable to get into a game. Have done all the suggested troubleshooting…

Thanks for the report, SiCH and Terminator! If this happens to be on PC, typically these steps will resolve the HF-5 or HF-1 errors.

1. Press Win+R
  2. Type %localappdata%
  3. Open Blizzard Entertainment folder
  4. Find Overwatch folder and delete it.
  5. Run a Repair Overwatch in the Blizzard Desktop App.

If it does continue, this can suggest some other issues preventing the update with firewalls, security or connection, causing the update issues. Please contact our Technical Support team.

If you are on console, please let us know if you are on Xbox or PSN.

Didn’t help. Same issue.

If that’s the case, you’ll want to contact our Customer Support team instead, as caterpepi mentioned above. Support can gather extra information that we cannot gather via the forums for privacy reasons.

Solved the problem for me, ty.

i have this problem now and i can not enter to any game mode
i do not know how much i have to wait until this problem solve to play anniversary :frowning:

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.