Anyone feels this way about Overwatch?

I really REALLY love the game, but it’s been impossible to love it lately. I still have fun with the game, with new content or without it, but…

I feel like they’ve burnt out too much good will from us and expect us to keep smiling and saying “yes, sir, nothing’s wrong”… As if we did something wrong from expecting LOVE / CARING from the devs towards THEIR GAME?

I think it’s the sum of everything that has happened:

• The lack of content,
  • The lack of communication, or the complete silence,
  • The disappointment with no new heroes,
  • Soujorn being a DPS and no more info showed about her,
  • Just 5 new maps and one of them was 2 CP (Gothenburg) so they probably have to re-do it,
  • The Blizzard lawsuit incident,
  • Blizzard’s new policy that ruins any in-game easter eggs or references to people in WoW and OW,
  • OW game director leaves the company and a lot of important OW game developers follow him out,
  • OW producer also leaves,
  • No new ExCs in almost a month to keep the game somehow fresh,
  • 5v5 at first I understood it and as a tank player myself was somehow excited because this means no more double shield, but it also means hero reworks and I’m worried for some heroes,
  • OWL pros losing their job because of 5v5 or completely going to other FPS games, OWL teams completely changing their roster and leaving pro players like if they were mere objects, which is really sad, some of this players were doing better than ever this season and still left the game completely,
  • OW2 being rushed out and announced back in 2019… I think it shouldn’t have been announced so early in development,
  • New nerfs for Supports that no one likes and DPS being obnoxiously broken in OW2, tanks not feeling tanky (still dying in seconds)
    Tanking is miserable - #6 by Malxer-2883
  • OWL teasing us with new video footage then completely removing it and saying nothing about it as it never happened
    Anyone saw this upcoming OWL videos?
  • Everytime I search for a Youtube Video on news for the game it’s all “bad news”, “some important person leaves Blizzard”, “hero nerfs that no one asked for”, “funny moments let’s see Reinhardt and Monke exploding in 1 second”…
  • Extremely worrying news for OW2 that make us lose faith in the game
    Extremely worried for OW2!
  • QoL updates that never see the light and remain the same
    [Please Read] Quality of Life Updates / A nitpicking thread
  • Pushing back events like the Malevento map was in the PTR for 1 WHOLE MONTH and it was released with no mini-event tied to it,
  • New “events” have been the same since 2016,
  • Toxicity and overall negativity surrounding everything related to OW…

And it goes on and on… Am I the only one that feels exhausted? Or I’m just being too whiny?
To be fair, the game’s always been good, but lately it’s been too much. Too much bad stuff going on. My hopes for OW2 are practically non-existent at this point.
They still have so much to do and it seems so far away and rushed out… If only they hadn’t given up with OW1 to make OW2 and they kept updating OW1 instead…

17 Likes

You often hear terms like this forum is full of haters and stuff, but any other game dev would kill to have a community like this and engage, not fis mock and alienate them.

5 Likes

I can deal with lack of content, but lack of balance patches is getting to me because I don’t particularly like this DPS meta, also there’s small changes that could be made to less viable heroes which would help their mains out a lot that I can’t see any harm in doing
I also wish greatly that they’d communicate to us why they’re neglecting it so much, if it’s due to investigations in legal cases, if OW developers are been interviewed or involved with investigations then it would make sense for there to be neglect, but again we’re completely left in the dark here

This is what has put me off OW2, I hate what they’ve done to Sombra, I’ve spent 200+ hours on her only for a core part of her kit to be ripped out and for her to lose some of her identity, not to mention her rework makes her more like Tracer, the most overpowered DPS throughout history and currently, I just don’t see her rework being healthy personally, but some people are quite keen for it so I won’t complain too much

This was inevitable with how they setup OWL, and OW has never had the success for professional playing to be a viable job, unlike say CS:GO can be for top level players, I think the biggest mistake was making the league itself rather than letting it form like other games did, being dead-locked with specific OWL teams rather than global tournaments where anyone can essentially try to compete in was going to come with problems

Tbh I think they’re just making the entire game more damage-orientated, even DPS with unique abilities are being changed off to be more damage-orientated, Sombra is a prime example with this, but I’d say the Mei rework will also showcase this, I also wouldn’t be surprised if Symmetra is vastly changed, I think most heroes will just be a more damage-y version then what we currently see

I definitely feel less desired to play and be involved with Overwatch, falling out with RL friend who I would play OW with, on-top of just nothing happening I just feel the desire for something refreshing, I tried open queue competitive for something different and while it was refreshing at first, the playerpool in Australia is just so small for that mode that it was just an awful experience and matches were just so uneven that it ended up burning me out a little bit

1 Like

It almost sounds like an abusive relationship. Unless your a masochist for Blizzard, I would recommend just taking a break.

2 Likes

I’m actually suspended until 30 of october so… :rofl:

What, was is because you were typing in capitals? Lol

1 Like

I’ll probably take my leave from playing until Winter Wonderland: that’ll be when I retake my achievement hunt. I’ll still lurk in the Forums, but that’s probably it.

In the mean time, I did just install this new game that’s piqued my interest, so might as well try my hand in it; it’s free after all.

1 Like

Nah, said it before, I spammed EZ. Too much. Way too much. Too used to CSGO toxicity.
Lesson learned: never use text chat again.

I was suspended around a year ago but that one time I was trully toxic so I deserved it, I just wasn’t expecting to be suspended for saying anything because I was too used to CSGO (over 3k Hours).
But my “EZ” habit was dangerous and never stopped doing it. I thought, who would report that? Guess some people do, I got the warning and kept doing it lol. And by some I mean a lot xD
I’m dumb, I’ve learned. No more EZ spam

1 Like

I mean, that’s pretty much what I do, lol.

2 Likes

Good luck with your achievement hunt, think I’ve told you before :wink:
I think I will still have 1 day to play the Halloween event xD

Yeah I’m a forum lurker too at this point

2 Likes

I stopped playing after Echo was released. There is nothing that intrigues me about the current live game.

• It was being balanced solely based on the needs of OWL
  • No announced future content, planned for the live game.
  • Events have been re-hashed for the past 4 years

I don’t and especially with Blizzard lately, get the idea of continuing to play a game when it’s been said numerous times and continues to be said that the Devs will not be touching the live game. There is no sense of “loyalty” to continue playing and honestly I feel Blizzard doesn’t deserve any starting from like 4 years ago. No matter what game your talking about.

I loved Overwatch and as of late, been having the itch to play it again. But I won’t because I know what I genuinely want to play, is OW2 and to see all the new maps, heroes, changes, etc. I’m glad to see we’ve been getting more OW2 stuff as of late and I honestly hope that continues into 2022.

1 Like

I think we both share a similar feeling.
I’m still worried for OW2 though. Hopefully they can address all those isssues before it’s too late.
Maybe OW2 turns out good, but so far everything we’ve seen have killed my good will.

1 Like

I’m optimistically hesitant on OW2. In general, what I would like right now… is just to know more, have we seen all they have to share with us? Is there really nothing else they could show? Or are they hiding it all? In order to save it for the Alpha / Beta, hopefully starting in 2022.

I’m hoping it’s the latter.

1 Like

I always spam EZ in TF2 lol, I don’t think anyone ever reports or cares that much there.

But on OW? Yeah I’m not risking it

1 Like

Nope, been there for a while personally. It’s like, if you spend any time investing in the game it’ll do nothing but punish you for it, because things are both constantly changing and not changing near enough simultaneously. The things they choose to change just hurt the game or make the experience worse.

2 Likes

It used to be a good game…for a while.

3 Likes

For current OW: Game doesn’t really feel fine right now unless you play certain heroes right now.

OW2: Like the 5v5 idea but currently uncertain to get on board with Mei(yes CC needs to be addressed) feeling like a wall bot. Sombra being fully assassin with absurd increase damage kinda doesn’t sound more fun to current Sombra. Than with how Tanks look right now kinda worried about Sigma since he’s the Tank I really enjoy playing

Well OW2 should be good for DPS, and eventually good for tank players because they are focusing on making them happy.

Dunno how they can deal with Supports not being permanently dead throughout the match tho.

I’d like your post and to any other forum user reading I can’t I somehow managed to run out of daily likes didn’t even know that was a thing lol

1 Like

It’s sadly a thing running out of likes