An idea for Mercy

… “she was once bad because her self healing passive was garbage even though it no longer is but now this COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHANGE would make her JUST as bad as back then… even though she’s almost a completely different hero” you literally do not make any sense you are typing words that mean nothing. Get over yourself.

i completely understand that you don’t see the correlation and that’s is absolutely fine i don’t expect everyone to understand it!

Can’t imagine having that much of an ego… oof.

no i’m just really angry because of this guy… talk to me later i’ll answer you properly…

Just because something doesn’t make sense to you, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t make sense. And what’s with the rudeness?

Asking for Mercy to be at 150hp is asking for a VERY squishy main healer. and an extra 10hps doesn’t make up for that. Remember that Mercy doesn’t generally use a weapon so she doesn’t have a way of defending herself outside of using her mobility for good positioning. When she had poor health regen, any chip damage would prevent her from self-healing which made her very easy to kill with someone like Tracer or Gengi. If she just had 150hp to start she would die as soon as someone sneezes on her. Tracer can deal with it because blinks INSTANTLY move her to a new location. Mercy just flies in a straight line to a teammate.

What Minty was saying makes perfect sense. 10 extra healing DOES NOT compensate for making her that squishy. It wasn’t good back when her health regen was bad and it wouldn’t be good if she had 150hp.

She also has the best self regeneration out of the main healers and the best mobility and the only consistent healing.

Do not try to teach me about a hero I have 800 hours on.

She no longer does so this means nothing.

Tracer does fine and she has no self regeneration and Mercy has more mobility.

Which is not vertical and cannot be changed in anyway. Mercy can go in any direction with the added benefit of bunny hop + super jump.

and?

Yes it does. People want 60HPS back but aren’t willing to give anything to get it. Mercy mains are so incredibly entitled it annoys me to call myself a Mercy main.

I honestly don’t know why you people keep bringing her old self regeneration up it’s no longer as bad and Mercy has never had 150 baseline HP.

1 Like

it’s okay i was equally rude… i’m sorry @valcyon i’ll make it up to you later when my blood isn’t boiling!

[Edit:]
okay never mind i guess you’re rude to everyone!

She has her regen and high mobility. I would actually trade 150 HP for 60 hp/s back and maybe Valk having 70 hp/s, but that isn’t even necessary. Or 170 HP and 55 HP/s? At least they could try it on PTR just to see if it’s even viable or not.
It would make her healing output great again and it would make cheeky rez’s way more dangerous so everyone would get something out of it.

1 Like

I’m rude to people who are asking for a rude response.

Sorry but 50 is absolutely fine, for example compare it to Anas 70 but she has to Aim.
And Mercy can literally pocket a target.
Plus fly towards it.

But yeah I wish her kit was completely different, what I’d they Reworked her again? Make her feel more engaging?

I kinda hate her damage boost ability in general but yeah she got nothing else going for her.
What if she did damage herself and could actually have one more unique ability instead.

1 Like

She is arguably the worst main healer. Even when this meta moves on she’s still going to be the worst only used when a Pharah is being played or you have snipers. 50 HPS wasn’t enough at launch and it isn’t enough now and I’m 100% sure the devs know this but don’t want to remove Rez so they’d rather make her overall the worst main healer.

And also has nano, nade, and sleep. Mercy’s utility is nowhere near that.
Maybe there would be a way like, she heals 40/s + 5% of the target’s missing health? That way she would be better at healing wounded tanks and going in to save them, but would be worse at pocketing near full health targets.

And they’re the same people are either a) Low SR with her or b) Used to be high SR but have dropped to low SR. Pretty much all high SR Mercy players will say she’s a lot more difficult now than she was during Mercy 1.0.

I always laugh when bad Mercy players talk about her skill ceiling being lower, and none of them can even climb to diamond/masters. Meanwhile I have 3 accounts in GM and am ranked one of the top50 Mercy players on PC, I think I have a pretty good idea of her skill floor and ceiling. People who say her skill ceiling is low are generally just bad at her, sorry to be blunt. They call Valk easy, yet don’t use it properly. They call rez braindead, yet can’t pull them off at the right times. They say she’s a pocket healing bot, yet don’t even use damage boost effectively. And that’s the tea :woman_shrugging:

People can disagree all they want, doesn’t make it true lol. If her skill floor and skill ceiling were both extremely low, there wouldn’t be many Mercy players in high ranks and there’d be no difference between a plat Mercy and a GM Mercy. Yet neither of those things are true. A GM Mercy is 1000x times more effective on the hero than even a diamond or plat Mercy is, and the skill gap between a silver/gold Mercy and a GM mercy is massive.

Agreed, cutting the cast time in Valk would make her ult feel a lot more rewarding. They could also make the cast time 1.25 sec instead of 1.75 in her normal kit, and reduce the slow from 75% to 30-50%.

Girl…literally almost every Mercy main said the rework would make Mercy underpowered and useless when it came on PTR LMAOOO. My most downvoted post on the old forums was me saying “I think the Mercy rework is making her stronger and meta”. Stop lying lol, you even had Mercy players and youtubers like Glisa and Maggie making videos about how Mercy would be dead and useless when the rework hit live. Heck, Titanium (the Mercy forum king himself) even got mass downvoted for saying the rework would be a buff, back on the old forums. The majority of Mercy players did NOT think it would be OP and need nerfs, in fact they would attack anyone who said that. Let’s just keep it :100:.

They also overreact after every nerf. When Mercy still had instant rez outside of Valk, 20 second valk, and only 2 instant rezzes during valk (god forbid she have 2 charges instead 3 over the course of the ult) all the Mercy mains were saying she’d be dead and useless. Majority of them always overreacted to Mercy balance changes and had no idea how it would actually affect the hero’s effectiveness.

As a Mercy main myself, I was embarassed.

1 Like

I think you were a bit quick to judge me on that one. Early in this thread I commented and idea that involves Mercy literally giving some of her health to an ally as a burst heal. Today I made a thread about it, check it out. We might be more on the same page than you think.

Huh and here I saw nothing but Mercy mains screaming that this was broken and that how it was more fitting for Total Mayhem than a legit comp.

I don’t deny people were saying that it was going to make Mercy unplayable-just stating all the responses I saw.

You’re joking right? I can legit go back to the old forums and look at all the comments of people saying “This rework is a buff to Mercy” getting anywhere from 50-100 downvotes from Mercy players, sometimes more. I can also go get the social media and youtube videos of Mercy mains crying that she would be useless.

I legit remember this like it was yesterday because I would get mass downvoted, and also got into arguments in youtube and instagram comments with Mercy mains who said she would be trash tier without mass rez.

“How can we save our team now”

1 Like

No offense to you, but it’s a little hypocritical that a post calling out a Dev is allowed if it’s flattering them, AND that’s the one post that gets a direct reply.

(I’m repsonse to other reply)

Although there were far more doomsayers and people predicting the rework would be Beyond OP(which it was) I do remember a handful saying mercy would be “trash” once it dropped. Even after the first few reasonable nerfs

When did I call out a dev lol? I complimented a dev in a thread titled “Geoff Appreciation Thread” and asked him a question like everyone else was doing. I don’t see what was wrong with it tbh, but maybe I’m not understanding correctly

1 Like

This was before I was on the forums and hung out in discords and heard nothing but people going on and on about how this was such a bad BAAAAD thing. How broken Valk was with its 4 instant rezzes in 20 seconds. The speed that made it impossible to hit. The projectile speed-though some really liked that becuase now they got a chance to really do more DPSing.

But yeah, from what I can see is that outside the forums a lot of Mercy players were NOT happy with it