An idea for Mercy

Not you specifically but the post has a dev name in the title and refers to them directly, that’s against CoC(when it’s negative apparently). You were just lucky enough to recieve a reply

I think it’s fine as long as it’s not insulting a Dev, like the Dev appreciation and mod appreciation threads are always left open and often get replied to, idk.

He’s saying you’re a suck-up lol. There’s been TONS AND TONS of Mercy discussion and it took someone being a total suck-up to get them to say anything.

With that said, thanks for posting and asking that question in a way that would actually get a response. I think it meant a lot to the Mercy community to know that they are at least thinking of us. Seriously, i’m not trying to insult you with the suck-up comment I’m really glad that you got something out of them.

1 Like

Nonetheless I was happy to receive an ACTUAL reply about Mercy’s state (not just “she’s fine”) and what they plan for her. Thanks for getting said reply by being respectful(which can lack on here)

(((Although I disagree about the whole “more overall healing”))))

2 Likes

Well , the Devs have said quite a bit about her, it’s just never been what the Mercy community wants to hear. Jeff even has a paragraphs long post on the old forums about why they want to stick with Valkyrie and the rework and not “throw all the eggs out of the basket yet” or some other wierd metaphor. He said similar things in the Febuary Hero Balance dev update in early 2018. There was also the “We have no intentions of reverting Mercy” post and then a few months later the “We don’t think Mercy is in need of any changes right now” post during Season 9 I believe. Then of course there are the times they’ve talked about her during Blizzcon on Twitch streams and then more recently with Stylosa in the Baptiste interview.

Not saying the answers are great, but they HAVE answered plenty of times before. People just don’t like the answers.

But yes, I was very intentionally being a suck up, I even told Titanium in the Mercy discord that I was planning to go ask a very nicely framed question to see if it could get a response, and it worked LOL xD

2 Likes

Yup, just wished she did some kind of damage herself and instead of damage boost she had an actual ability.

And I’ve always thought about what if, Mercys Ult prevents someone from dying, like her voiceline basically?

I just think arguing she has “the best overall healing” when said lead is maybe 1-2k in most ranks. When her damage number are leagues below the other healers.

Even Animetic made that point directly replying to the devs

1 Like

Well that is true as well.
But my number 1 thing with her is that she feels so boring to play or rather dependable on your teams performance than any other hero in the game.

Well yes she does nothing by herself, that it feels terrible to die to a Mercy, the most terrible death you can die to xD