New Mercy ability: Self-Sacrifice. Fun, Skillful, and Balanced!

You say that, but you’re not taking the time to considet what the changes might do at all. Like OP said, the devs are apparently taking some time to look into her (praise), so there’s clearly something wrong.

9 Likes

Pretty much. I’m just tired of people basically just spamming threads like this. All they wanted to do was present a well thought out post, and people respond without reading it at all.
Sometimes I swear that Mercy players are considered human trash by the rest of the community. It makes me sick.

8 Likes

Here is a suggestion:

Mercy’s new Ultimate Part 1: Resurrects everyone on the battlefield, including the enemy team.

“We decided to rollback all the changes we did to Mercy to reduce overall QQ of Moth Meta, as well as ‘die on the point, big plays inc’. Understandably, we realize that no one will ever be happy with the state of Mercy. We pondered the idea of turning Mercy into Tracer during her ult, but Tracer already fills that roll and she is our go-to balancing character”.

Part 2: “Additionally, to add some extra fun to the mix, all enemy players that are resurrected will spawn in your own spawn as ghosts with the ability to move through walls and have auto targeting, thanks to Mercy’s alignment with Soldier: 76. New Lore inc for Mercy folks :slight_smile:”.

Part 3: “Allied Heros resurrected will be forced to disconnect from the game, a symbol of how often computers crash during competitive games. Overall serve latency will increase 10x to compensate for Lucio’s speed buff changes”.

2 Likes

Take this as significant justification not to post suggestions on the forum.

that is your opinion and doesn’t make it ultimately true you need to understand that there’s two sides to each argument! the utter disdain is the issue that bothers me the most about people like you!

4 Likes

Mercy’s fine. It’s like people making threads that Baptiste’s Drone ability should have been Mercy’s from the start. Something I disagree with as when new Supports get added to the game. People get mad and creator more Mercy topics threads because they still miss mass resurrect which was the most overpowered and broken ability in the game.

It has been like 2-3 years now and most players haven’t moved on from it. If you don’t like the current Mercy, then you never liked her at all to begin with. I use her as a support every now and then if she is needed in the team composition or if teammates ask me to go Mercy. I’m not a one trick Mercy main but a Support Main.

1 Like

To you.

Because it was suggested as a potential ability for Mercy. My everyone even complained about it.

There are a lot of things wrong with this statement.
Sure, there were some who complained about Baptiste. They were upset that he was given a proper super jump and an ability that had already been suggested. Can’t blame them. But it didn’t last that long.
And… Not many want Mass Rez back. They want a rework. It also wasn’t even broken. It was just unhealthy. If it was broken, why was she rarely used in higher ranks? It was only an issue with lower ranks who didn’t know how to properly handle their ultimates.

Completely false. A huge portion of those who wanted it back before moved on, and now want to see her REWORKED. Why does everyone assume that this is all about Mass Rez? Look at the OP for crying out loud! They want something entirely different.

8 Likes

I seem more non-Mercy players bring up Mass Rez then actual Mercy players in threads where it’s not even mentioned nowadays.

Like yeah there’s a few Mercy players who still want it-but the times when a “buff for Mercy” or “a new idea for Mercy” there’s always somebody commenting “Mass Rez isn’t coming back”.

Um…they know? That’s why they didn’t include it in the thread?

Makes me wonder who are the one who REALLY can’t let go of it.

8 Likes

mercy is fine stat wise! but she has problems! rez doesn’t work well with the rest of her kit and Valkyrie is drawn out and doesn’t change the state of the fight!

that has nothing to do with the OP

false i personally don’t want mass rez back and very much prefer Valkyrie also i know exactly one person on the forums that wants mass rez back!
And mass rez wasn’t overpowered at all and it only worked in ranked because the SR system gauged mercy’s performance based on the number of rezzes she had done and “hide and rez” was a losing strategy because at higher ranks people would look for mercy before initiating a fight she was a noob-slayer just like the old bastion

i have. OP didn’t ask for mass rez and neither did I !

what kind of logic is that?
“they used to make cakes from flour, milk, eggs and sugar nowadays they make them from skittles and fish”
“yeah if you haven’t learned to love the new type of cake you’ve never liked cake in the first place”

i am not fazed by whatever this is supposed to prove!

6 Likes

i thought your were literally going to sacrifice Mercy during a teamfight Lol.

I think an alternative idea of a “self sacrifice” would be applying it to rez. Where if she rezzed someone, she sacrifices some of her health. Of course bring the casting animation down but not completely remove it.

But that’s what i was picturing when i see “self sacrifice”

The beam boost is kinda cool. Imagine winston boosted like that for two secs?

I wasn’t sure what to name the ability. I agree “self-sacrifice” seems a bit over-dramatic for loosing a chunk of health. I just couldn’t think of anything else that would fit the concept of giving some of your own health to someone else.

Yeah. I can see your point.
It’s hard not to picture it, that’s all.

I Played along the lines of angel wings or something. Lol. “Oh snap she popped wings on Widown. Get to cover.”
Hahahah

I want to say something that includes channeling… Since you’re channeling your health to another player, essentially. Like life channel or something.
But self sacrifice sounds so much more interesting…

1 Like

Is it fun, though? Right now, Mercy’s main “fun” aspect is her mobility and her ability to ping around in a fight, which is only possible because she’s able to shake off chip damage from the enemy team. I don’t see myself enjoying having to spend more time cowering behind cover because I gave all my HP to my teammates, or because I need to save my HP so I can give it to teammates, or because I’m constantly ‘discorded’ by my own ability.
Mercy’s already got a lame self-stun on E and a heal/damage boost mechanic that forces her to give up shooting/fighting. Mercy doesn’t need more “I’m guess I’ll just stop doing my thing so my dumb worthless teammates can do more of their thing” mechanics in her kit.

Also? I already want to strangle half my teammates when I play Mercy. I don’t particularly want to listen to them squealing “Merrccyy give me your heaaalth” all the time when I got 99 better uses for my own damn HP. It’s obnoxious enough that they expect to be rezzed in the enemy spawn and hard pocketed while the rest of their team is dying… now they’re going to demand that I literally kill myself to heal them more and yeah they’re still gonna complain about not getting heals while I respawn. Nothnx.
I’d rather just have a burst heal that’s on a standard cooldown or resource, because at least then teammates understand that you literally can’t use that ability right now. Whereas if you have a single point of health in your HP bar there’s going to be that Genji main who thinks it’s more important for him to have it.

2 Likes

So… why are you here?

1 Like

Self sacrifice sounds very much the opposite of fun.

…and doesn’t seem that skillful tbh. What skill is involved? Hoping you don’t get hit while providing ult charge or healing? Hiding around a courner/behind a teammate better?

Her damage boost already provides extra ult charge to the recipient…30%

1 Like

Fair points all around. I agree, Mercy’s mobility is the funnest part of her kit and being behind cover more often might not be ideal.

Thing is, I do think she should have a burst heal; we can argue about that in itself, but that is my opinion. BUT if she got a burst heal, it would probably be too much to pair with her mobility and rez. So that’s why I decided the best rout was for her to have to loose something in order to give something.

And while I love Mercy’s mobility, I also love all the decision making involved with the character; that’s why I think the risk-management involved with it would be really fun.

Nah. It would be better to add special ability of being useless.

1 Like

As a Mercy main I’m mixed. On one hand, it would be really good burst healing, but on the other, you could die easier. Snipers, flankers, Hanzo’s ult, etc, could kill Mercy faster. I think I could get used to it though and it would make Mercy more impactful. Maybe instead of 50 hp instantly you could hold down a button while healing that drains you and heals your target twice as fast. Either way, I think I’d like this ability.

1 Like

The fun/skill is the extra decision-making and risk-management that currently isn’t there.

Yeah, double that to 60%, or even just make it do 100% extra ult charge if it’s not too strong. I just want the ult charge part increased without having it actually amp more damage