Aight Mercy Players, Would you rather

Approved, 5 stars. :star::star::star::star::star:

Would rather Rez get removed entirely and replaced with a new ability + the buffs that rez was holding the rest of the kit back.

Weapon switch! Weapon switch! Weapon switch!

…and maybe by more than half! Oorah!

Go eat some crayons, what in the hell is a jarhead doing on my forums

Okay, I ate the crayons. Now what.

55 HPS heal beam. Damage boost gives single teammate 30% speedboost. It’s time Lucio had competition. Also Geoff said:

And speed boost seems like a great way to do it to me.

Valk 10 seconds, main beam heals for 85 HPS, chains for 55. Damage boost during valk gives all the teammates the speedboost.

Valkryie doesn’t necessarily need more impact, more like it needs to give more control back to the Mercy. Currently it takes away too much from the Mercy to where she becomes automated. But 3 would be a step in the right direction at least since Valkryie would be shorter.

Make damage boost give more ult charge. Make her switch weapons faster.
55 hps is nothing in comparison to actual changes.
55hps wont make damage boost not give 1/3 the amount of ult charge as healing. It wouldnt make her a main healer either.
Reworking rez is just to difficult apparently.
So just make damage boost better and her weapon switch better.

Better weapon switching, while fun, wouldn’t really fix any of Mercy’s issues. Similar story with a better healing beam, though this one is a bit better than weapon swaps.

Resurrect, basically the set of drawbacks that they’ve given it… are terrible and make what is a very powerful ability feel like a chore.

Valkyrie in general is just… meh. It’s barely an ultimate. No one cares if you have it or not.

Now… which will help her more? Fixing Valkyrie or fixing Reusrrect (assuming I can’t have both)? Well… I think fixing Valkyrie would be better. Resurrect’s design isn’t good, but it isn’t terrible like Valkyrie’s is. So Valk.

that^^^^

to be completely transparent and honest… having rez adjusted or replaced is the one i want but having valkyrie adjusted or replaced is probably best for the character
and i want this to be the replacement (sorry if you’ve seen this 1k times)

Everything except Valkyrie is good (Valk should just be deleted), but in order of importance:

1: 55hps. Mercy is doomed to the limbo between off and main healer at only 50hps, so this needs to be fixed first.

2: Changes to rez. Turning it into a cooldown ability in the first place created a bunch of new problems with Mercy’s playstyle, and never actually solved her old ones:

Those being that without any burst heals or defensive utility, Mercy’s ONLY “plan b” option when her healing beam is getting overwhelmed is an ability that requires the death of Mercy’s teammate. If the devs really didn’t want Mercy to depend so much on rez, then they shouldn’t have made rez the only thing that Mercy can depend on to contest the enemy’s burst damage.

So, take rez off of E, give Mercy some kind of backup healing ability in it’s place, and make a new version of resurrect as an ultimate.

3: Faster weapon swap would be nice. It would let Mercy lay down cover fire more often, and Mercy players with fast reaction times would certainly benefit when they’re getting ambushed and need to quickly defend themselves.

2 Likes

Complete rework, remove Valkyrie.

Hey, hey, hey dont be coming for us console players because you’re angry :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I would love if we were able to cancel ressurect

no i kinda like the punishable, unforgiving failed rez. also you might be that type of person who would keep cancelling rezzes because you’re anxious that you might get picked off. thats not good since you’ll get even less value with rez

faster reload might be nice

I am not a Mercy main, but 55 hps is my favorite option. The pistol swap time is worthless to battle Mercy such as myself.

1(quality of life) and 2 (back to main heals).

I want to vote three but I have 0 confidence in Blizzard implementation.

Not 4. Rez is good where it is.

OP asked.
I am welcome to any change for Mercy as long as it’s not a buff or nerf. If it is then I am strongly opposed to it. For example if Mercy is going to get 55 hps without other parts of her kit getting nerfed then it’s a big no no.
So probably option 4 maybe, but I don’t see a reason to change a balanced character?

Resurrect as the new ultimate

• Single target resurrect 0,5 sec cast time (same as old EMP, so very hard but a possibility to cancel)
  • E ability with 30 sec cooldown is removed

Valkyrie

• New 8 second ability
  • Beams don’t disconnect when activating
  • 65hps healing or 30% damage boost multitarget
  • 25 sec cooldown

Healing

• Increased from 50 to 55