A Mercy Rework Concept (by a Mercy Main)

Sounds good if you take out Regenerations burst healing. I like that it heals herself a bit faster, but there needs to be one main healer with no burst healing capacity so that there are situations where the other 2 (Moira and Ana) are preferable.

The burst heal is a self burst heal, it doesn’t get applied to allies

Ah ok, I misread it. I still think the 100 instant is too much, it should be 50 or just the increased regen.

Damn, this looks so controversial, DPS Mercy. People will get tilted for DPS mercy and not healing.

i know, people aren’t fans :joy:

I don’t mind Valk as an ability. What i do mind is that it gets rid of one of her weaknesses which is being dependent on her team. I made a thread on how i would make her, i hope you enjoy!!

Well i mean it’s meant to help since in ‘this’ rework concept she has way less health which was traded for the extra mobility

Overall I really would like this in the game, I think it could make some really interesting support play

Thank you, I would too (though that’s a bit biased :smile:)

I actually like this idea. Valk as an ability (like it should have) and ressurect as an ULTIMATE with three charges!!! It would be better than mass rez and there won’t be so much drama about it… This current rework with 14 consecutive nerfs was trash!!!

I feel the same way, I hope the devs do something with her instead of leaving her in this current state

Honestly, they should’ve realized the rework was a failure and switched over to making mercy 3.0

The charge res ult idea is amazing, honestly one of the best suggestions I’ve heard.
I like most of the things you suggested (the regen on ammo sounds just like Mercy) but I think giving her a ability for self healing is a bit weird. I feel like many Mercy’s would use it and Valk and storm in trying to battle Mercy to often. I love Mercy’s passive regen already and can’t really imagine it as an ability.

Thank you :smile:, and yeah I could see that, I mainly have it there to help her with her health reduction so she has that little self burst heal when she really needs it, but yeah it could be clunky

1 Like

I think it may work if she kept the passive and had a little personal “amp it up” for that passive if she is getting focus fire. But idk

Oh, I like that idea actually, I might change it to that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That actually is a cool idea

Yeah it definitely is :smile:

While I do think this is an interesting idea, there are a few criticisms I would like to make.

I feel like the health reduction is unnecessary as Mercy can be killed quite quickly already.

I think this is a cool idea, but I don’t think it’s really needed.

I don’t think the buffs to the Guardian Angel speed or range is needed.

I have thought about Valkyrie being an E ability, and I think it could be balanced, but it would still have the same problem as Valkyrie as an ult. IT IS NOT ENGAGING. And this nerfed version of Valk just lets you fly and gives you extra range on beams and ga. It’s even less engaging than our beloved spectator camera we have now.

This ability would be awful to play against. 7 seconds is WAY too long. The cooldown would probably need to be upped to like 10-12 seconds as well. With a 35hp/s regen that can’t be interrupted that pretty much makes her unkillable.

This is just a stripped down version of Mercy 1.0 resurrect. And that was underpowered until they gave her invulnerability. This would be even more underpowered.

Personally, I think Mercy just needs Res on Q with no invulnerability (instead having something like a 30% damage reduction), and with LOS bug fixes and a small cast time (say 0.8 seconds?) and for an E ability either something that cleanses debuffs and/or cc within 10 meters of mercy or a projectile that makes an enemy do 30% less damage before things like nano boost.

Saying she is one of the hardest heroes is subjective. Skill isn’t just aim, like all the toxic dps players say. Skill is also positioning, game sense and awareness, knowing when to heal or damage, managing cooldowns etc. Every hero has several unique aspects of ‘skill’