A Mercy Rework Concept (by a Mercy Main)

I really like this idea, it give Mercy more to do and think about, and could make her better than before if played right, but I’m 100% sure about the health nerf, but I get that’s a sacrafice for better mobility

1 Like

Or, you know, revert her back to 1.0 where I originally fell in love with her. Keeping GA of course. Apparently, from what I’ve read, she was fine and i still have no logical clue as to why they even changed her in the first place.

2 Likes

I personally would like a revert too, I’ve been playing since the games first day and I loved her back then, but I just wanted to be creative and show what they could do. I would love a full revert though as well

No, it’s fine. I’ve just read so many thoughts and ideas on it already I’m so tired of it. We all know the devs aren’t going to do crap so why bother is all.

Yeah, It’s just for fun and to get idea’s out there but I see your point

1 Like

Providing feedback to video game developers is never worth the time you put into it. Gamer culture is so rampantly hostile to developers, that, for good reason, you don’t get a lot of developer interaction. And a lot of suggestions end up never being considered for reasons like:

1. They thought of the idea already and experimented with it internally, but discovered that it didn’t work as well as hoped.
  2. The idea is good, but cannot be implemented do to technical and/or manpower limitations.
  3. The idea is good, but a lot of previous good ideas are on the schedule ahead of it.
  4. The idea didn’t make it through the community manager filter to the developers for whatever reason.

And they can’t explain these situations, because someone will freak out about it. So, sadly, a lot of great ideas are just wasted effort and you’ll never know.

You really have to deliver feedback for the fun of it. If you’re doing it for results, then you’re going to be disappointed. :slight_smile:

In all honesty, I think it sounds fine. It would definitely make her more fun, while also being balanced. The only things I would change are;

Guardian Angel on 1 second CD is a bit too short, I think it should be 2 seconds.

I don’t think she should have the ‘Regeneration’ ability. It seems a bit complicated for her healing output to decrease while she uses this ability. And as far as I am aware, no hero can instantly heal themselves to full health. I think this ability would need to heal her to 100 HP.

I could increase the GA cooldown, but her Regen ability doesn’t decrease her healing output, that self healing over a short duration, but yeah I should decrease that instant self heal, than you!

Yeah, it’s sad that a lot of good ideas go to waste sometimes, I wish there was like a server where you can create changes and such to share in-game, but of course only on that server, but sadly that would be impossible

1 Like

Yeah. Some of it you can test in a custom game. Like changing Guardian Angel’s cooldown, changing her health, and mimicking Valkyrie on E by turning up passive ult charge and disabling combat ult charge. But, it’s limited and there’s no formal system for sharing it.

Edit: You know, a hero maker where you could copy-paste existing (and deprecated) hero abilities onto some generic model would be pretty fun. Then I could play a custom game with Healer 76!

1 Like

Yeah I think a lot of people would enjoy that

All that needs to happen is rez and Valk switch places. Valk is a good E ability for Mercy, shorten the time to around 6 seconds she can fly freely and instead of being able to chain give her beams a 5-10% boost during. The cooldown doesn’t start until the animation is over and is 15-20 seconds.

With Mass rez add a cast time and give Mercy damage reduction during cast so she doesn’t have to sacrifice herself.

1 Like

Yeah I like that idea too, like I said before there are so many good and eligible ideas

She doesn’t even need her blaster since someone is always injured

Also how about not putting mass res back and thinking of a non busted ability

By players that can’t aim I was primarily meaning those shooting at Mercy.

If she’s in the air most of the time she’ll be a pain for some to kill without luck.

Oooooohh ok that makes more sense, yeah I can see that, but of course you could say the same thing about Pharah, and her health is lower making her a little easier to kill. Plus there are ults that can completely wipe her out if she’s in the air like visor, and high noon

1 Like

I think what they meant was it’s still a single rez but you can still charge two more after you’ve already charged it once, so it takes more work to get multiple rezes

Yeah what skyforge said is what it supposed to be

No No No she’s already squishy. doesn’t need to reduce her HP. i’ll take the healing nerf anytime rather than hp reduce.

1 Like

Well i mean there’s stuff to counter balance that, like a huge burst heal, and more mobility options as well as being just faster in general