2 mercy rework ideas

Mercy is kind of in a bad place right now, so I designed a couple reworks that might be more fun to play.

Rework 1:
Staff:
Primary Fire: 50 hps
Secondary Fire: 30% damage boost
12 m range
(staff is pretty much the same)
Blaster:
Primary Fire: 25 dps; 5 rps; 20 ammo
Secondary Fire: fires one burst (Lucio boop size) that does 25 damage; Reveals the enemy to your teammates for 4 secs; 8 sec cd
(added secondary fire)
L-shift:
Guardian Angel: 35 m range; 1 sec lock on; 25 m/s; 2 sec cd
E:
Valkyrie: 5 sec of flight; staff : 20 m range not multi-target; GA; 50 meter range instant lock on 30 m/s; 60 hps; 15 sec cd; fly at 7 m/s
Q:
Res: Gain 3 res charges that expire if not used within 5 secs of each other; 10 m range; takes 0 sec each to cast; Resurrected player gains 2 secs of invulnerability, can move after 2 secs; Press Q again to cast res
(The goal of this rework is to make her much more mobile than the other healers at the cost of hps and healing range, but still keep the mercy flair with res that we know and like)

Rework 2:
Staff:
Primary Fire: 60 hps; 15 m range
Secondary Fire: 30% damage boost
Blaster:
(Stays the same)
Secondary fire:
Fires one burst (Lucio boop size) that does 25 damage; Reveals the enemy to your teammates for 4 secs; 8 sec cd
(added secondary fire)
L-shift:
GA: 15 m/s; 25 m range; 1.5 sec cd
E:
AoE heals: gain AoE heals for 5 secs; 70 hps on the main target, 50 hps on the other nearby targets; The other players must be within 6 m of the target; 20 m beam; 15 sec cd
Q:
Res: Gain 2 res charges that expire if not used within 5 secs of each other; 10 m range; takes 0 sec each to cast; Resurrected player gains 2 secs of invulnerability, can move after 2 secs; Press Q again to cast res
Passive:
Main Healer: Can heal through walls if the connection is made before the wall; can only do this for 3 secs
(All passives mercy has are still there)
Mercy Ult charge:
Rework 1: 1800, mercy gains 4 charge every 5 healing, 1 charge every 1 damage, 2 charge every 3 damage boosted
Rework 2: 2000, Same charge as above.
Both: When all res charges are used, the ult will end.
Maybe some of you will like these better than what blizzard currently has made.
The secondary fire is for when you are in trouble with close range enemies.

2 Likes

No matter the case i’d Like her healing be be at 60hps unless she had an E that provides healing.

If Valk was on E, I’d like for it to increase healing to just the beam target. At least 60hps or better yet 70 or 80

I like the first one, not bad…but idk if is balanced
Maybe 3 sec of flying and 30 sec cooldown on the E
Or something like a mix of Healing and Dmg
I mean…her base healing is 55 hp
Her E is 3 sec with 12 sec coold down and does 70 hp + 10% dmg boost on the same player at the same time
Like Lucio

For the first rework, she is focused more on mobility than healing, so she wouldn’t be that balanced if she had 60 hps but I see where your coming from. I will change valk to somewhat accommodate you.

can you have a look at - Mercy - Pinball edition - #8 by Sinfonie-21757 and tell me what you think?

1 Like

I don’t fully understand the e and r abilities but her counter ult is good. It almost seems like a mass res before death, or if it could be tweaked to that it would be a good ult.

Ok, I was worried about her ult, so I’m glad everyone seems to like it.

E and r are basically buffs / healing which can’t be used on the beam target. Forcing her to GA to other people if she wants to use them.

It is what gets her into combat.

The constant movement required to use her abilities is what makes her face paced.

1 Like

I still don’t understand what they do though…
You said something about not being able to use beams or other abilities.

E does burst heal with a healing drop off, R does speed boost (I’m going to change that).

You have to use them on someone who isn’t the bean target, and doesn’t have the other ability on them.

1 Like

oooohhh Thank you so much for clarifying, however, shouldn’t it be damage boost instead of speed?

I wanted it to be something else. Speed boost isn’t it.

Maybe shielding? I’m not sure.

Damage boost is a safe choice, but I think a boring choice.

1 Like

Ah, I understand a temporary 75 hp shield would be a good option.

Honestly, I would be a little worried about the ultimate. Double instant rez is what made Valk Mercy so absurdly good, and having that with a 10 meter radius would be really strong, especially with three rez charges. On top of that, having flight + GA would make Mercy absurdly mobile, effectively removing the ability to kill her consistently without a widow headshot. I’m a bigger fan of rework #2, but I’m still a little worried about the whole Ranged Individual Rez thing. Also, that passive seems like it could be a little borked just due to the possibility of pocketing a doven target through walls making Mercy very difficult to punish in general.

1 Like

Either way, with both buffs, Mercy’s ult and overall survivability would be ludicrously strong. You don’t want to have a main healer that is unpunishable with decent play.

1 Like