When is Mercy getting a REAL ult?

All of the ultimates you just mentioned have game-changing potential behind them, which it places in the player’s hands.

Moira can save a her team from, let’s say, DragonBlade, with 140 healing/second while killing the Genji with that same ultimate.

Orisa grants herself a 50% damage increase on top her base kit, suddenly turning her from a bulwark to a killing machine.

Graviton Surge is literally designed to set up a teamwipe.

All meet the quoted criteria.

You don’t need to be in the open sky to be 29 meters from the fight.

You can press the same pattern of WASD near a wall close to the skybox while holding down left/right click and have the same impact as dashing around the fight.

The difference is that the latter creates unnecessary risk.

How is this relevant to Valkyrie?

1 Like

Moira does? Really?

And 50% can game change but 30% can’t?

Because Valkyrie is an ult and those are ults and are comparable ults

Considering that our case is to get Resurrect off E and to get Valkyrie off Q, yes, it is quite convenient.

…It’s almost as if the fact that Resurrect is an ultimate on an E and Valkyrie is a basic ability on Q heavily contributed to our current opinions of Resurrect and Valkyrie respectively…

4 Likes

Correct.

You might notice the elaboration and affirmation of that below the text you quoted.

…But you suggested comparing Supercharger to Nano-Boost… both of which are ultimates that are not Valkyrie.

My point was that Valkyrie is more comparable to Discord Orb in power level than it is to Supercharger.

2 Likes

I want this.

Daydreaming about the valk animation being her shoving her pistol onto her staff :drooling_face:

http://i.imgur.com/8FmqlKo.jpg

2 More Mercy Rework Ideas , 2 mercy rework ideas

fam why
It’s good as it is?

2 Likes

Valkyrie might as well be a hit or miss ultimate at this point.
Either you use the ultimate to pick off any DPS or healer with infinite ammo, save teammates with 60hps constant, damage boost, just flying, or float at one area while rezzing someone.
OR, die by a DPS range hero, Ana, Zen, Pharah, or whatever possible way to die while using said ultimate.

I mostly use valk to just pick off any enemies since it’s easier to surprise by flanking as Mercy with pistol in qp matches or comp as well. imo

Mercy main here. Now, I will say it isn’t an incredible ult but can be used in certain situations. On attack, when your team secures a pick, it is a great ability to use to give extra security to the fight and punish any uncoordinated attacks by the enemy, essentially a splash damage negator. On defense, it isn’t a great “defensive” ult, not one you use to an already losing fight, instead its a great preemptive use if the enemy team is beginning to be a bit more aggressive, as again, it limits splash damage.

That said, I don’t like Valkyrie either, mainly for its boringness and wayyyy too forgiving nature, IMO if they do not want to touch rez, just give more power to the main beam and lessen the chains accordingly. say take 10 hps from each chain beam and give the main one 100hps. If they think this is a “perfect” spot for the ult, I say give us a little bit(maybe 5%) more ult charge and make it like a pulse bomb of heal ults.

My whole point is, it is a lackluster ult but can have its shining moments. plus you get to fly so that’s cool

Valk for me is only a means to get back to the point quicker, or get away from a rip-tire. Period. Otherwise, its basically useless unless you want to pull out your pistol and harass a pharah in the sky.

Are you one of those people who complain Mercy has troubles keep a single person alive under fire from one or two enemies too?

1 Like

But she already has a real ult

wait wait you can do that? i dont play mercy alot sorry

valkyrie gives her flight, increases her hps from 50 to 60 and makes whoever she targets also affect all allies within 10 meters

so a bunch of grouped of people can effectively damage boost the whole team yes

1 Like

Mercy: One button press and your healing output potentially quintuples, your survivability skyrockets, your mobility literally skyrockets, your damage output is potentially vastly increased, and your damage boosting output potentially quintuples, along with extremely increased ranges for your beams!

But yeah, just pretend it’s “automated”.

The Valkyrie complaints are probably 99% player error.

1 Like

in the distance
FIRE IN THE HOLE!

Ryūjin no ken wo kurae!
METEOR STRIKE

I can usually avoid those kinds of ults with just decent GA timing and good ally placement but it’s always nice to have valk as a back up screw this I’m out

2 Likes

I understand how it might seem false, but it’s true. Lucio’s cast wasn’t over when we both died from meteor strike. We both got hit by the middle circle and he was already on top of us when going upwards.

Lucio and I died when he was saying ‘‘Oh let’s break it do-’’ so he was almost done. He used his ult really fast, like I said, when he heard met- (the start of the voice line).

Can’t say much else… I know about cast times, but he landed much faster than sound barrier’s cast time.

Didn’t have to travel so he used ult and landed right away.

1 Like

Do you know what the difference between Mercy and Zen’s ult is? Zen’s ult is actually impactful.

4 Likes

They’re both impactful as are all the ults in the game

Mercy is just not so painfully obvious as something like mass rez or being healed for 300 hps