[SUPER HUGE] Stylosa on Mercy: when you stack her (Mercy) up against Moira and Ana, she's just not even on the same planet

Don’t forget, she’s also the support that counters the least abilities. Every other support has some kind of ability that can shut down multiple different kinds of ultimates, and Mercy’s only way to shut anything down is through healing. Think about that for a second.

1 Like

Oh my… the amount of people using ad hominem arguments is honestly astonishing… :neutral_face:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
3 Likes

He also agrees that she isn’t doing so great at the moment, and she’s best used as a pocket. In the last video he made that I watched, he essentially said that Mercy should focus on damage boost/Rez/damage and have an actual main healer heal.
:confused:

There is merit in cross-examining a news source’s ethos. They’re not technically personal attacks; they’re critiques of Stylosa’s reliability as a news youtuber

5 Likes

I agree, Mercys value lies in her RES. That is the fantasy of being Mercy. Her main heal is too easy to use to be putting out Ana/Moira numbers. So put her value to be found elsewhere.
She’s fine as of now IMO. Mercy mains are just used to playing her for the past year now of her being way too OP. And now they have a balanced hero and they don’t know where to find the value cause their used to having everything she does provide huge value.

2 Likes

i have 2 rework ideas for anyone who wants to check them out. Please give me feedback!! 2 mercy rework ideas

1 Like

But that’s not how she was meant to be. She’s supposed to be able to output more healing than them. Ana and Moira both contribute so much more than Mercy ever could in damage, healing, and other abilities. For any hero to be used as a pocket simply isn’t right. How do you think that feels to he players who have practiced proper prioritization and when to damage boost/guardian angel tricks/the like only for their experience to be completely cast aside?
Simply rework her abilities again so that they aren’t balanced around an ultimate on E. Give her a new ultimate and ability that ups her skill and creates a true difference between more and less experienced players. That’s all I want.

No need for a Youtube video here. We all know Mercy got pushed back into a terrible spot.

Honestly I’d like someone to find the post that even suggested we go back to 50 HPS, because I don’t think anyone ever asked for that.

It was buffed over 2 years ago to 60 HPS on her primary for a reason. Supports were not fun to play at all back in the day.

That’s why they were so difficult to find.

3 Likes

Ad Hominem reasoning is not always fallacious, There are some instances where questions of personal conduct, character, motives, etc., are legitimate, this being one of them.

3 Likes

Blockquote[quote=“SoonMoon, post:32, topic:237263, full:true”]
The reason she’s outdone by the two is because of two things.
One that’s all Moira provides is Raw healing and lots of it.
And two is skill ceiling differences between Ana and Mercy.
Ana requires her players to be mechanically skilled to be getting these huge healing numbers. Mercy didn’t, she only required you to stay alive.
This isn’t a bad thing either. this just means that putting time into getting good at higher skill ceiling heroes results with better results. Mercy’s focus shouldn’t be sitting in the back playing for passive heals. You need to start being more aggressive and giving value to your team with Dmg boost and RES. She’s not supposed to be pumping out Moira or Ana level healing for free.
[/quote]
20 characters

I pretty much left Unit Lost after he was bashing people who couldn’t afford stuff on PC gaming.
I don’t take his words very usefully and I suggest you don’t either.

Whether I were to agree with Stylosa or not I’m not going to contribute to any of his viewcounts by opening that youtube clip. Stylosa is a detestable youtube streamer who I dislike to the deepest core of my being… He is a clickbait streamer who switches opinion to whatever will give him the most views. His opinions are irrelevant as his videos are meant only to earn him a paycheck.

6 Likes

This sums up my opinion quite well.

He’s a bit late to the issue but I guess that him talking about it is something.

Still haven’t forgiven him though.

2 Likes

Who are you talking about? lul

No. Moira’s job is not only raw healing output. She has the highest potential of all of the supports, and arguably requires as much or less skill than Mercy. This argument is completely invalid.
Ana on the other hand, is able to get kills with relative ease. She also has an ultimate which actually helps her team, and two alternate abilities that can save her team, counter other abilities, and the like. Mercy can’t do anything like this, and therefore is very weak. Ana is picked more in gold, and doesn’t require as much skill as many people make it seem. Yes, I have played Ana numerous times in the past. Same with Moira.

Yes it is, Moira only provides RAW numbers, no utility just numbers. And yes she is easy, but she puts out more because that’s the one thing she does. Just raw healing isn’t everything. Which is why Ana is good if the player is good. She can provide big heals with good aim and some utility in sleep dart (a skillshot) and anti-heals. If Ana is going for kills, she isn’t healing her team. Mercy can provide value. She works well with heroes like Pharah, Widow and Mccree by dmg boosting them. And she has something no other support has, RES. It’s just people like you are too bad to realize that heroes can bring value outside of raw heals.
Moira brings raw heals, Mercy brings Utility, Ana brings both at the cost of skilled play.

2 Likes

Ad hominem is not exclusive to just attacks. If you refute the argument by bringing up something irrelevant to the topic at hand, you are using ad hominem. :slight_smile:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
1 Like

But by your logic, Moira should not be used at all in higher tiers, just like Mercy. If Moira doesn’t require a lot of skill, then Mercy should also be allowed to shine. She was never meant to be a pocket, and the developers even said that she was meant to do more healing over the course of a match than any other support.
Mercy is doomed to fail due to the state of her kit currently. So what’s the issue with a rework?

1 Like

Thanks, I know what it is. It’s irrelevant to this because the questions of Stylosa’s reputability are valid.

2 Likes