Who's hyped for Hogger Teaser tomorrow.... not many I imagine

I still don’t understand why people are so… pathetic when it comes to be released a new Warcraft hero. But I understand one of the reasons behind it — you don’t know the Warcraft lore.

You wanted so much Deathwing - devs launched him for you. You’ve played him for 1 month and then you threw him to the forgotten heroes. You’re back to your old heroes.

You were also impressed about Mei release and loved her - barely if I’m playing with a Mei or against her in 1 of 20 matches that I’m playing.

Speaking about Hogger, he is a great character. No, he is not a kobold (I’ve seen a lot of people confusing him with a kobold, which is blowing my mind off). No, he is not just a gnoll. He is the king of gnolls. Veteran World of Warcraft players know that I’m talking about.

Let’s not release Overwatch heroes just because you’re playing too much pew-pew.

A lot of players are confusing Heroes of the Storm with a mini-FPS game.

And now you don’t want Hogger, after so many threads where you asked for him. What a tragedy.

Well, that’s lame! :frowning:

Couldn’t care less about Hogger, especially cause there’s dozen Warcraft heroes needing to be added. I’d give a 1000 Hoggers for Vol’jin, Lady Vashj, Lor’themar, Mekkatorque, Khadgar etc…

Not to even mention that Winston and Reinhardt haven’t been added. (and most probably won’t be)

Isnt he just another illidan with glaives, but with a troll model and shadow thingy instead of demonic power? Im curious what his abilities would be.

I can see that as a medivh skin, but not really as a hero.

I would LOVE to have reinhart in hots :sunglasses:
Sombra too , shes awesome !

4 Likes

If it becomes a warcraft assassin im automaticly not interested. Its 2 things the game needs less of. If its a bruiser/healer/tank/support. Then sure, i can accept it being warcraft. But otherwise, i rather do not see the hero at all.

Even if its a melee assassin (which we dont have that many of) i realy wont care. The issue is simply that its an assassin melee or not barely matters. We have qhira… a hero that to me shouldnt even exist, which for a melee hero doesnt even feel that much like one either.

3 Likes

Haven’t played Warcraft 3, have you?
No, not a single simmilarity. He’s a Shadow Hunter, a ranged healer and support.

Maybe, however as I mentioned on my topic (linking cause I can :stuck_out_tongue: WoW classes in HotS) way back, we have a frost mage (Jaina), we have a fire mage (Keal), so we need an arcane mage, and either Khadgar or Rhonin would be best for that role.
I’ve made a hero concept, linkin it cause I can :stuck_out_tongue: ([HC] Rhonin, the Archmage of the Kirin Tor)

1 Like

Will read it later, but isnt medivh arcane? He has the Q, the shield and ley line.

No, he’s a support, while Arcane mages are the burstiest assiassins of any WoW class and spec. Also, he lacks the signature Arcane Charge mechanics. Same goes for Li Ming. (don’tt have to read it, I just linked them for I don’t know what reason)

Um, Samuro’s E, Malfurion’s R.

Why tho? She has pretty fun and unique gameplay, and she is pretty weak if you know how to play against her.

Hogger is among my most anticipated Heroes, I’m really hoping it’s him.
I always loved gnolls.

2 Likes

I certainly am not excited :stuck_out_tongue:
One might think that we should cherish every hero we get, but I kind a lost hope when the hero release rate was killed. It makes little to no difference if we’re getting 0 or 2 heroes per year. I was a lot more excited for hero releases back when we were getting 15 heroes per year.

I’m sorry if you could help me a bit, your post confuses me, so do you like having Gnoll as a new hero or not?

Well it’s not Overmind but content is content. Not excited for the hero itself, but maybe the skins and mounts are cool.

The issue is that even for a Hots unique hero, her lore is that horrible she isnt worthy at all. Orpheas lore is limited, but its there, and that lore is connected to a significant part.
There is nothing positive about qhira to me. Not even that she was added as hero, as it could have been a diffirent one instead.

Fun is also very dependant on the person (i find her boring to play), and unique… it could be very likely that some of her abilities could be tied to a diffirent hero. Unique is relatively easy to make. Especialy since there is only 1 ability that is unique on her.

1 Like

Oh yeah, i care so much about lore :expressionless:

Oh yeah, the ones who say that her D is Sonya’s W and her W is Lunara’s Trait…that’s all what is “not” unique. Her Q and E are unique, just like both of her Heroics. And falstad isn’t joke to me, they work in different ways.

Its why most hots heroes are the way they are. They are known because of lore. Its a USP for this game.

Only her E is (and specificly the angle of attack that changes over time). Q is just a very standard AoE that can apply marks.

W is indeed similar to lunara’s trait. But thats not an issue at all to me. For her trait its a good mechanic to exist.
And her ultis also work fine. Even if its very similar to falstad, i would actualy compare it between a mix of falstad and valla (as the ulti has a travel time).

Its simple, her kit works, and is balanced. Its not the most original to me, but it works. And gameplay is still a very important aspect, so this is fine. A very generic kit doesnt always mean its bad. It works, thats important. It adds a gameplay element.

But maybe i might have to clarify my statement about her existance in the current state:
Yes, she shouldnt have been made. Thats a waste of potential in this game to me. The abilities could have been finetuned for a diffirent hero. And the effort spent on visuals again were spent better to me if it was for a diffirent hero. Thats a part that will remain permanent to me.
But since she exists now, i would also state that she should definitely not be removed. She is now part of hots, and thats a part i already accepted. And even more if she would be removed, it would anoy those that found her fun to play, which is a waste aswel. Lore can always be added afterward. And maybe over time she finaly makes sense to exist. But for now, i simply dont like qhira.
it also doesnt help that her voicelines are full of anoyance and cringe.

4 Likes

But Lore doesn’t affect their abilities. That’s the problem with HotS.

Um, show me at least 1 ability with the same “skillshot” mechanic.

It’s similiar only because it’s skillshot. Then i can say that Jimmy’s Q is Uther’s W.

I’m happy that you’re happy, but that is a bad sign…

2 Likes

Hogger isn’t really an important character storywise, but he’s notable for being the first real lethal opponent for human players back in classic.

His importance is more of a meme than anything to do with the character itself, but if they’re making a meme a character at least it’s Hogger and not Leroy Jenkins.

8 Likes

I think (or at least for myself) the hype is less exciting when dataminers spoiler it

1 Like

There was literally a Voljin kit pasted from the wow wiki to the hots forum