This next big problem needs a solution, ASAP! - Wintraders

So, at least in LATAM, this has been a problem that is starting to grow up quite a lot lately. It may reach other regions, but it a bit less.

So, what’s happening? Well, Wintraders! What are wintraders you ask? Wintraders are people who sell their services to another player (yes, real money) or just do it for friends. What are their services? They sell… wins! Exactly, they queue at the same time with their friend/client (not in a party) and try to force the matchmaker to match them in the same game, but on different teams. What happens next? The wintrader loses the match intentionally to make his client/friend climb. Yes, it is basically boosting, but without being on their team. If they get on the same team the wintrader just tries really hard to win.

This might not be a big problem in NA or EU (though it can happen, especially in ranks like plat and above, since you get matched a lot with the same players over and over again when you queue at the same time), it is a big problem in LATAM and other minor regions.

I just got matched with a wintrader on my team. Someone in draft called him out for being a wintrader and asked him if he was going to lose on purpose again. The wintrader said he wouldn’t say if we would win or lose, because he didn’t want to reveal who his client/friend was. Well, we lost, terribly. Enemy started getting ahead because we just couldn’t do anything 4 v 5 while the wintrader kept dying almost all the time and refusing to play the game. Once, we were 5 levels behind.

Everyone on my team reported him. I sent messages to the enemy team explaining the case and asking them to report the guy. They all said they would, except one, which probably means that was his friend/client. But we know these 8 reports won’t do anything, and even IF they do something and this guy is caught… well, he said he already has 10 more accounts ready to keep the job going for a long time and he can easily create another one and keep going, selling his services and destroying people’s matches.

After the game was over, I kept talking and added someone on my team to my friend list, really nice guy, tried his best on the match. He said that this guy was known for doing this wintrade stuff for a while. He said there are even others and some are very known, and nothing ever happens to them.

Blizzard, we know you have issues, we know you have way lower people now to work on the game, but we need you to step up and do something. We need you to get this report system better. We need you! Your beloved players are asking for help! There are people trying to sabotage your game!

Please! :confused:

Moderator: Using words like “Blizzard” to call attention to your post is a violation of the forum rules. Edited to remove it from title of post.

20 Likes

There’s no way to stop win trading. As soon as they get banned, they make a new account. You can’t ip ban because there are ways around that, and other people on the same WiFi would get punished too

1 Like

Getting them banned and having to work again to get another account ready at least makes them waste time.

1 Like

And have to spend time grinding to level 50. Which should be 80 at least.

8 Likes

Idk why players try to get rid of toxic players. It won’t work

The point isn’t getting rid of all of them, the point is making it so people who are toxic require putting in additional effort.

You make it harder and many people who would be toxic for whatever reason will eventually “give up” because it takes to much effort.

There will also be some level of toxic/trolling/et cetera players. But if you punish people for it, you will make that a much smaller amount than if you do nothing because nothing can be done.

Like in my work, certain things are secured. That security won’t do much if a thief who plans things out wants to steal them. BUT if someone who is an opportunistic thief is there, the extra effort will deter them. And I’ve seen this work in real life multiple times. Doing things that DO NOT STOP the problem but deter the majority of people who would steal works.

The same applies here, for the most part.

8 Likes

This is not a matter of a player being toxic in chat, but players intentionally losing the games to boost a friend or a client who paid them real money.

Just because they will make another account, it doesn’t mean blizzard should just give up and let these players do whatever they want. Blizzard needs to step up, maybe put a bigger requirement for ranked, start being more active when it comes to punishments etc. This may not stop them, but will slow them down a lot and might make some quit. Otherwise, more and more people will start doing that because it’s so easy and they never get caught, then more players will start quitting hots and the game will slowly die.

3 Likes

actually there is a way to stop “smurfs”…RANKED GAMES WITH REAL ID CARD, 2 ACCOUNTS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN RANKED GAMES WITH THE SAME ID CARD…sayonara smurfers!

That’s not very practical to have to show a real ID card…

1 Like

Doesn’t anyone else think it’s pretty sad that Latam (and maybe Singapore and a few others) have so few players left this is possible?

Come on… Spend cash on social media or tv ads and make more people join the game.

I mean, for this kind of win trading to be possible, there must be like 20-30 or less active players on the entire Storm League of Latin America!

1 Like

I play in the brazilian server (like all south america players), and there are not much people playing anymore, but i can see that happening in such a low pop server.

3 Likes

It’s the same in Australia. No matter which day I log in there’s the same 10 or 15 people in QM, SL and Aram.

Dead is a strong word? But yeah, HotS is close to dead here too.

The SL match is also a total joke, silver 4, platinum 4 and GM#21 are on same team. All in solo que.

1 Like

Would be curious to see a screenshot of that, if you have it. lol

1 Like

Does gm even mean much there?

https://i.imgur.com/4vyxBUG.png

Also that’s not a recent occurrence, it has happened to ANZ players since HL days from 2016-2018.
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/8fapmd/gm136_matched_with_bronze_1_how_the_hell_does/

No, their skill level is about the same as a gold or plat on US/EU. They can be beaten by a platinum from normal servers easily. They have no competition on ANZ.

2 Likes

You start by raising the level and hero requirements to be allowed to play ranked. lvl 50 is doable within a day. It should be lvl 200 with only owned heroes and you have to own 2 heroes of each role.

1 Like

Entrance into league should be level 100.
it’s not that hard to farm, it takes ~100 games.

1 Like

I used 80 as that was the original limit when they went to 3 bans per team.

You needed at least 16 heroes at level 5.

also unless you’re stimmed out for 100 games, and they’re all first win of the day, pretty sure 100 games isn’t going to get you 100 levels.

Maybe if you really wait on rotation and such? But at that point, you’re clearly not cheesing it.

5 Likes

I mean, with one longer game, you can get a hero to lvl 3 easily. With stim maybe a bit after 3. So in 3-4 games you should hit lvl 5.
All you need is 20 heroes.
It slows down after, but I think 100 games for level 100 with a stim isn’t that impossible.

And as far as I remember, new accounts get stim for a week.

1 Like

Press X to doubt.

I don’t see a player getting an average of 265K of experience every game even with stim for a week. In order to get to Player level 100 in 100 games.

But, I’ll actually look at my exp next game I finish!

1 Like