This next big problem needs a solution, ASAP! - Wintraders

Blizzard doesn’t need to do anything against it, but it’s about the players. If you get players, who want to lose on purpose for the called reason (“wintrades”), then just report the player for feeding. I don’t see any other solution here, because it isn’t easy to clarify, when you know the one is a “wintrader”, except he is feeding on purpose, but for that you already have the report system.

Not with the current playerbase population; the devs skipped the level 5 requirement for heroes long ago already, probably the population was sinking…

2 Likes

Yeah but allowing the trolls to remake accounts and continue to screw up the matchmaking isnt helping at all. Then you got the smurfs and boosters out there contributing to it more.

Its not like this game is attracting new players with this current system and anyone who already plays should be lvl 200 by now. Reset all MMR so everyone is at bronze 5 and apply theese changes.

You can actually do this on NA and EU as well. Whenever I play SL on NA, I usually get matched with lots of same players in a row.

Just as a reminder, 16 heroes at level 5 is only going to get you level 64, not level 80… You don’t get a level for getting a hero to level 1, because they start at level 1.

(Or maybe 65… Does your account start at level 0 or level 1?)

1 Like

And there is the real issue, its not about the win trader exclusively, its about those who are paying for it. Its statisticly not hard to tell when a player is throwing a match. If it varies a lot in results, you can consider it worthy for investigating.

You then look for each match, and identify how often you witness a certain player, and match the outcome with it.

If the ratio is unbalanced by about 75%, its worth investigating (50% is forced loss, 25% is the 50/50 chance).

You then also look at the queue times. As those players are trying to match together, they will show this very clearly, as otherwise the player that faced such thrower might wait a few minutes before queuing up again. This can be used to filter out mismatches.

You generaly will end up with a few remaining players that seem to get this 75% advantage against such throwers and get consistently in matches with them. At this point you just log it, and ban the thrower.

If this pattern repeated multiple times, you can be quite sure the account pays to get boosted. And you can decide 2 things (depends on the legal options towards the player):

• You ban him. Even if he comes back, he will have wasted money into his now banned account. And if he continues, risks to get banned again.
    • Such person is after that unlikely to do that again, as the friends to showoff that rank to, now already consider him a cheater anyway.
  • You want to bait him into getting sued, which can be a much bigger problem for such person. This however would require some additional lines in the EULA which isnt valid in many countries, and a lot more effort with potentialy 0 gain.
8 Likes

it starts at zero.

And doh i’m being silly.

But yeah, 65 levels and at least 16 heroes that you have more than one game played on outside of ARAM.

I rounded up from 64 because the way humans are, 64 would “feel weird” to people.

2 Likes

But not because people think it is weird, but because people tend to find it suspecious, because we all are aware of the psychology that is used in economics, eg. 0,99 and such. :stuck_out_tongue: Sure it is also, because it doesn’t see rounded and people loves well rounded patterns, but it is all about psychology about the human mind…

1 Like

suspicious things tend to be things that feel weird. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

damn, you got me. :joy:

1 Like

How is that even possible. And what happens if the wintrader and client gets in same team. Do they then leave or just throw the match by going afk. Either way it sounds really pathetic some people would do that in a game.

He answered your question literally 2 sentences later.

4 Likes

How exactly can people do that?

I am NEVER putting my ID information online for a game (Or anything else). It would be a gold mine for identity theft.

3 Likes

It allows bad players to profit at the game…

report him as Cheating/Botting/Hacking, explain that he is a win trader. blizzard usually takes that stuff pretty serious but you have to use the right category.

What blizzard will do is watch his account and see if patterns emerge against players where he plays against then it’ll pretty much be warning then Insta-ban just make sure team reports Cheating/Botting/Hacking.

1 Like

Why not just feeding? Sure he might be not die on purpose, but feeding on purpose is basically intenional losing.

Good question. It is a bit luck depended, but it is possible, but I am curios to know what the wintrader would do, if he miss his customer? Rather unlikely that he will play that game serious, but he can’t leave and get a penalty. :joy:

1 Like

Wow. We have wintraders, which means HOTS is not a dead game

1 Like

I don’t really think this is true. It’s hard to believe there is a paid service where other players can throw games for you, in a game that’s on life support dwindling in popularity. And even if that is true, how exactly are you supposed to match with those players and ensure they’re on the other team so they can throw? And if they end up on your team, then it just becomes a “normal” game where you try to win? Such a service sounds tedious, unreliable, and unneeded and I seriously doubt anyone would pay for it.

You don’t know if the guy throwing the match is a actually a wintrader. I mean, you say you know that because he bragged about being a wintrader, but I really don’t think wintraders would brag about it publicly.

I think he was BS’ing you.

4 Likes

Unless the wintrader is Yugi Muto, there’s no way to consistently hit all the conditions to actually “sell” something like this. I can see someone throwing a game where they happened to be matched against a friend (dick move for sure), but there’s absolutely no way this is some lucrative secret buisness or common enough to be an issue.

I’ll believe you when you come with some hard proof. Screenshot the PMs. Give a replay of the game. That’s not even hard proof either, just actual supporting evidence.

1 Like

Just report him for both to be sure.

1 Like

Feeding just gets the intentional looser by reporting cheating/Wintrading blizzard gets to looking at the winning team for the winner win trading because he/she’s as guilty as the guy intentionally loosing.

2 Likes

The wintrader can either try hard in the game to get the win or just dodge and play on any of the other accounts.

And yeah, it’s really pathetic but it happens. And apparently this is increasing lately.

People around the same rank queueing at the same time have a really high chance of getting matched together, even on NA/EU. If you do that with friends you can see you guys will get matched a lot together.

I do hope they ban this player, especially after he even said in draft he was a wintrader.

The client can just play the match anyway, or just dodge and play quick brawls with the wintrader to get rid of leaver penalty. He gets the points back anyway.

Since they have multiple accounts and blizzard is really slow to ban people, they can talk about that ingame all they want.

But yeah, other people have spotted that and it can be easy to spot the patterns. Apparently, talking to other people, they said this has been going on a lot lately and several people already know about this and even know some very popular wintraders. They always try to dodge the game when they get the guy on their team or just try to not queue at the same time. I didn’t know this was a thing, but looking at my match history and the games, I can actually spot some guys that are probably wintraders.

Sadly can’t do that since he confirmed he was a wintrader in draft, and the draft isn’t shown on replay.