Reviving Heroes of the Storm

Lol, why are you comparing how different MOBAs break down their divisions? One, it says nothing about how the gameplay compares. Two, division boundaries are arbitrary and largely meaningless. It’s no coincidence you’re the same poster who ludicrously misunderstands relativity. Blatant kid logic.

The height of delusion. HotS wasn’t abandoned because it ended up being too difficult for gamers. People left it because it turned out to be too boring. It’s insane to portray it as the ideal MOBA, and the proof is in its failure despite the exceptional marketing and support Blizzard put behind it.

xddddddddddd :laughing:

1 Like

You find that funny? I find it funny that you think people left it because they discovered it’s the most difficult MOBA and couldn’t handle the mental strain. I’m sure it has something to do with the countless possibilities.

I generally agree, though as streams prove a massively overskilled player (in relation to the enemy team) can solo carry, like a Grand Master climbing from the lowest leagues.

They win those games single handedly even if multiple teammates rage-afk or leave the match.

In a fairly evenly matched game, it never happens though, in HotS you need to be 3-5 leagues higher than the opponent to pull that off.

2 Likes

TLDR seems to be the theme of this post since as of making a post of my own, nobody has upvoted yours.

This game will never have a second renaissance. It was doomed to fail from the beginning because Blizz was too late to get into the MOBA market and dumbed the playstyle down to not scare away new players(and ended up scaring away competitive players. RIP HGC)

Got one upvote. \o/

I do question what happened to Blizzard. Hearthstone was made in the same vein. I don’t believe these games were made with the mindset of “we’re making what we would want to play and going from there”. These seem like commercial attempts, as if a lot of worry was placed into having as many people as possible able to pick them up with the potential for spending a lot of money in order to keep up. The free to play model at its finest, except we’re not talking about a trash panda company here rummaging at the bottom of the container. Ironically the gaming market has repeatedly shown casual is not how you succeed, and Blizzard seemed to be trail blazers in that respect. Go figure. Who was the creative force and who was the executive force behind Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone? Maybe these games had something to do with the high number of cancellations?

I think they are laughing at you unable to read that clear sentence.

They called DotA as the hardest to learn while hots is the complete opposite of that. (easiest)

2 Likes

You simply stopped reading the rest of the post, didn’t you? Your reply reeks of it.

As soon as activision got involved, you can be 100% sure its a commercial attempt. Its how the bigger companies work. And they are generaly harsh at failed projects (thats why this game is on life support).

Dont expect valve to be any better here (tf2 was very quickly also put on life support, yet due to the crate/key test managed to get a very reliable source of income that extended its support quite a bit).
But at the same time, Mann up mode (which was another money attempt) never did get similar value out of it. So that model was scrapped, and it took almost 6 years for them to find an alternative method (Which is a model that is a lot more accepted, although profit wise still not ideal. But they at least made the MvM community a lot more alive again).

Hots has a major issue on that part, community content cannot be made in this. If there was, it would have been a lot easier to keep the game alive and have cheaper development (the community would make most of the content). Thats why there is barely any new content, and the expectation this game simply isnt going to survive as long as tf2.

But that isnt directly a problem either. Since as long as people are having fun, and the game generates some profit, its worthy enough to keep it alive, even if its just for giving developers some work during times there isnt a lot to do.

Hardest to learn, easiest to master whereas HotS is supposed to be easiest to learn but hardest to master. This insane statement means that in the long run HotS is actually the most difficult game. Indeed, I find it hard to understand how you can have trouble reading even a sentence.

I read your full post, quoted the part I felt necessary. If you had read my full post you would have understood my reasoning better. On this forum the objective seems to be having an opinion.

This is some insane shallow response material, you seem to enjoy twisting and reading too deep into it when the paragraph which makes more just enough sense to get the message across, DotA has a high entry point but its ceiling is not that close from afar being few additional things, HotS entry floor on the other hand is very accessible but the game has a lot of learning gap outside of its entry point and yet despite that those aren’t in almost equality of the complexity that DotA tries to throw out into the comparison that HotS simplifies it in their “hero brawler”.

Have a good day, I can see where this discussion going especially how it begun from the start.

1 Like

I’m not quite sure what to make of the run-on sentence attempt you just wrote but this is the simple quote you’re having trouble with:

You’re a baffling collection of people. It’s remarkable how you try to defend yourselves.

By the way, here’s the point that other genius was trying to make:

Mind-boggling.

By the way, remember when rank 1 was like over 10% of the distribution, if not more? lol That lasted for a while.

That’s not a valid point. MichalUdall at the 30k mark achieved it on June 9 2018 while the ranked system wasn’t even mapped to MMR at the time.

Even if it was the case, MichaelUdall had a 70% win rate. The current #1 EU GM ( CCRutzou) is currently at 72% and on HP, he’s at 3,243 MMR from HP. So, MichaelUdall couldn’t even surpass the 3,323 mark. As a hyperbole, let’s say he did and went to 3,450 MMR. The Hots master players would still represent 16.9% (3450/2952 - 1) which doesn’t surpass DotA’s Immortal fraction of 17%.

I have yet to see an argument from you disproving the easy to learn, hard to master.

Also, what’s your rank?

The point was the manner in which a distribution is tiered/where boundaries are drawn is arbitrary. There is no deep meaning to Dota 2 having 1.7% of its players at a top tier versus HotS having 1%, certainly not to the preposterous degree you’re grasping for. From what I recall of SC2 boundaries are even redrawn. How difficult a game is “to master” has nothing to do with where lines are drawn. Most of all you’re comparing apples to oranges. Go argue in any other “community” that Heroes of the Storm is more difficult to master than Dota 2 and you’ll be torn to shreds.

You’re a child defending his or her video game, don’t you dare let yourself think you’re proving anything.

Rank 1. :wink:

?

It’s funny how you tried to do the same thing with OW.

Completely missing the mark.
It’s like a perpetual self disappointment.

God, I love the effort here. I was literally just yesterday making a post that stated players would-- veritably do– pick up slack if it was within their responsibility. But it’s not.

That conservatism, the dry, belt-fed game design… it’s the winning move. It’s why everything is a cut and paste of everything now, because bills gotta get paid. It’s why Youtubers just hammer out the same three videos all the time; why most just perpetuate content rather than create it. Why the extra expenditure when the payout remains unchanged or worse, becomes proportionally less due to extra involvement?

That’s the real tea, no shade. The generic, easy to reproduce designs succeed and since HotS required more effort than that, it got deemed a failure by its company.

The servers to sustain playerbases aside, you see a lot of involvement across the forums that suggests there are people both knowledgable and willing to contribute, but unfortunately that means very little. Activision calls the shots, and they called for HotS to get Old Yeller’d behind the shed… even if it was in every member of the dev team’s ardent wishes to repeal that, they really can only use tools they’re given, which they in turn have to give to us.

Activision didn’t see their brand of success and so the game got put on life support. Can it be brought back? Sure. People do incredible things all the time. But let’s not delude ourselves and say it’s likely, or even attainable at this juncture-- and that’s not to impugn anyone really, except Activision but I doubt soulless corporations have much dignity to impugn upon in the first place.

3 Likes

One, you just went on your own little rant bemoaning the game’s hopeless future. What made you think this is the thread for that aside from the title? Two, did you just seriously argue that the game was deemed a failure because it required more effort rather than because it was a failure?

Seriously, is there a single person left in this community who isn’t a raving lunatic?

There was a lot more spam after that one, buddy. Overwatch has done really well since then too. I can’t wait for Overwatch 2 to see what they’ll attempt to do. At least the parallel open queue makes the game playable.

I’m sorry my post got you so mad you flung into ad hominem, but no amount of calling me names will change the fact that Activision pulled the plug, not us.

Even if you blame us, that doesn’t change what’s already happened.

Again, sorry it ticked you off such that you fell to namecalling.

3 Likes

I find the predictability of responses remarkable. Who taught you people to behave this way? Just fascinating.

I mean, you’re on the Heroes of the Storm forum waxing about design policy you aren’t paid to attend, judging people you’ve never met over their analyses of corporate business models.

JeanFrancois must be French for Dunning-Kruger, if this thread is any indicator…

7 Likes