Sans the commentary. This forum section is so dead you should receive a commendation for posting in it.
Accessibility Improvement Idea
Silver - New currency for unlocking heroes for one month. Every hero in the game is available for 1,000 silver coins. Silver coins are lost one week after they are obtained.
Coin Purses - Purchasable “treasure chests” containing Gold and Silver.
Common Coin Purse - $1.99
Rare Coin Purse - $4.99
Epic Coin Purse - $9.99
Legendary Coin Purse - $14.99
Gameplay Improvement Idea
Mysterious Mark - Heroes realize that since entering the Nexus they have been branded. A complex symbol of some kind has been seared into them. Its numerous sections are imbued with different powers. Four powers can be chosen for use sharing a short cooldown of say 8 seconds while having individual cooldowns of 60 seconds. A toggle button such as spacebar or one of the side mouse buttons would access the powers at QWER. If activating an ultimate by mistake is a concern assigning the Mysterious Mark to R and moving ultimate abilities to T would make a lot of sense. Alternatively the powers could go to the numbers buttons whereas talents go to a toggle. MMO mice may also be useful. The options aren’t an issue.
So far I’ve come up with this set of powers, which albeit being a draft was not conceived too lightly:
- Basic ability cast times, intervals, and delays of any sort are reduced by 25%. Basic ability travel times are reduced by 25% [missile speed increased]. Basic ability summons move 25% faster. Lasts 10 seconds.
The intent is to quicken the application of basic ability effects, including something like the growth rate of Malfurion’s Entangling Roots. Animation may also be involved in for instance Zagara’s Infested Drop speed, which I do not see covered in the listed properties (rare).
- Effect over time aspects of basic abilities last 25% longer. Time progress toward the first extra tick of tickrate abilities is rounded up. Lasts 10 seconds, applies at the time of casting.
This refers to any effects that apply for a duration, including stuns.
- Basic ability ranges are increased by 25% for 10 seconds.
This includes both casting ranges and the length of skillshots.
- Basic ability area of effects are 25% larger. Lasts 10 seconds, applies at the time of casting.
There is sense in increasing the durations of these first few powers beyond 10 seconds.
- Basic ability cooldowns are cleared after 3 seconds.
- Basic ability cooldowns recharge 30% faster for 10 seconds.
- Dash in a direction [range 10, missile speed 18]. Can be cancelled with movement command.
Somewhat longer and faster than ETC’s Powerslide. This was intended to replace a teleport but there is an interesting version of a teleport too.
- Teleport [range 6]. After 1 second you can teleport back to the initial spot. If you haven’t done so, after 6 seconds you are teleported back to the initial spot. [Alternatively you could be unable to activate the return teleportation and would just teleport back after 6 seconds.]
- Movement speed is increased by 20% for 5 seconds.
- Gain unstoppable for 1 second.
- Gain [full] invisibility for 2 seconds not revealed by movement.
Could be made more interesting by damage taken not revealing the hero either.
- Gain a 500-point shield for 5 seconds. It scales per level [standard 4%].
Intended to be more valuable for lower HP heroes.
- Regenerate 50% of full health over 20 seconds.
- Regain 50% of full health and 50% of full mana after 6 seconds [at once]. Channeled, not cancelled by damage [considering not cancellable by the player], 20 second cooldown if interrupted.
- 20% of damage dealt is returned as health. Lasts 6 seconds.
This includes ultimate abilities. Enhancing healing seems like a good idea.
- All healing and regeneration experienced is increased by 20% for 8 seconds.
All inclusive, from allies and self effects. Was considering limiting it to from allies.
- Link yourself to an ally for 6 seconds, suffering 50% of the damage they receive instead of them.
The ranges on this one are key. At the moment I’m thinking it’s most appropriate to have a big casting range and not have the link be dependent on distance subsequently.
- Accumulate inactive armor at a rate of 1 per damage sustained equivalent to 1% of your maximum health. Apply accumulated armor at any point after 1 second up to 6 seconds when the accumulated armor is automatically applied. Armor is capped at 50 and lasts for 6 seconds.
- Healing performed on other players is increased by 25% for 8 seconds.
This one also includes ultimate abilities.
- Basic ability damage is increased by 20% for 8 seconds.
- Basic attack damage is increased by 20% for 8 seconds.
- Basic attack speed is increased by 20% for 8 seconds.
- The range of ranged basic attacks is increased by 20% for 8 seconds. Melee heroes gain charge [range 3] on their basic attacks for 6 seconds.
For melee heroes this is a stickiness power, 25% shorter than the range of Li-Ming’s teleport and 20% longer than Artanis’ Twin Blades.
- Can basic attack while moving for 6 seconds.
I don’t know if this would require considerable animation work but it’s significant.