Please nerf Qhira

I’ve been playing HotS since it’s release and I have seen my share of newly developed overpowered “OP” heroes, but never, never have I seen such a broken mess of a hero that is Qhira… She is absolutely ridiculous, able to destroy entire teams with the help of a competent healer/support. Now when she is paired with an Abathur… well that just means that there are two broken monsters running rampart in a map… Blizzard I urge you (and I think I speak for a lot of players) to please review her again and change the stats on her abilities.

30 Likes

In the least lengthen those cool downs and make misses more punishable

1 Like

Her ‘e’ ability stops other targets that are on her. I’d be ok with that except it’s an offensive and not defensive ability (like a teleport, ice block, burrow, etc).
For example my last game as azmodan, every time I use my burning ability she cancels it and spins.

Her damage over time is too high and the in-game dot indicator is completely broken. Many many times I’ve escaped, my health bar is green, and I die suddenly. Even worse sometimes I use a fountain and then die suddenly. The brown damage over time indicator is completely non-functional.

I also think her range on some of her abilities is completely unreasonable for a melee hero. Li ming, jaina, valla, etc are jealous…

4 Likes

I could’t agree more, if this is fare why don’t you give it back the garrosh the ability to push enemies back to him or kael’thas to apply two bombs to force the bomb to explode!
this is the same rediculous character OP to launch for a while now.

Please nerf this hero. It’s obvious it was intentionally made to be extremely OP or there was no oversight and testing. Regularly play quick matches since HotS was released and never seen such a hero blatantly destroy everyone. She will jump behind enemy towers alone getting hit by an entire team and make it out unscaved. She seems to have more hp then any warrior. Do more damage then any assassin and can heal herself. Saw KT use his fireball ult on her and it only did like 15% damage. Its just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Agreed, this hero is total trash. Its like in dumb LOL - Lack of consequence. First release stupid OP champ, than nerfing it to the ground, instead of making nice balanced champ.

2 Likes

Know what i find odd about that too? if a Qhira uses E on another Qhira it 100% disables her, the Qhira thats the target that uses E or D basically just wasted a cooldown (as it wont damage or bleed on impact) while the other Qhira is spinning on her, turns into a game or who hit who first wins.

1 Like

I’m not going to say Qhira is balanced, 'cause I’m not a good enough player to even tell if that’s the case or not, but…

I guess you took a break from the game around Li Ming’s release?
Because that was OP, as many in the forums keep saying.

Have you tried playing as Qhira?
I personally haven’t yet, but I find that -almost always- being that hero yourself helps “demistify” them, and you can often learn how to deal with them by seeing what you don’t want your enemies doing when playing with them. (but if the hero is so ridiculously OP, then playing with them should instead confirm it, no?)

2 Likes

Qhira is ridiculously overpowered. She is into every game 1 to 2 times. When a team does not contain her it simply loses the game. She needs to get nerfed hard because right now she destroys all games she is into (with almost no exceptions). I understand that she is a new champ and she has to sell but this is too much, making the game no fun when she is around (always).

4 Likes

Yeah, until she is nerfed i’m not playing anymore. I’ve played 8 games this morning and lost 8 cause they have a qhira…

I’m sorry but whomever works in your QA department, it’s taken me a whole 8 games to figure this out. You guys, I am sorry your team is now falling apart because Blizzard isn’t the same company but this crap just ruined my weekend.

4 Likes

Qhira is quite powerful, and I expect her to receive some nerfs coming soon, but until then, there are some strategies to counter her. I would suggest checking out this thread for a fuller discussion on the topic: Where's the counter play?

As for her nerfs, I think nerfing her healing on her tier 3, removing the microstun from her initial impact of her E, and possibly increasing her rotation speed of her swing (making its use harder in some scenarios and the invulnerability time less) would do leagues to getting her in a more balanced position, without entirely destroying the character. If she still is overwhelming, we could see a minor nerf to some of her extremely popular bleed talents or her bleed damage baseline.

2 Likes

She is absolutely the most OP hero i have ever experienced on launch across many MOBAs… Its INSANE that she can burst damage, apply DOT, heal herself, Stun and just move around like a Genji on crack to get out of a fight. I am so angry in QP when i just watch someone lead in everything… I watched A Qhira do more healing than a damn healer… WTF IS THAT

1 Like

Seems like most people talking about her are just over exaggerating and complaining to join the wagon like children.

4 hours after releasing her , she got banned on ranked games. It is kinda stupid, being clicked by this Hero, than u get stunned, and your HP is pumped in matter of seconds. Spinning around… unable to hit her… come on. DOT , u are on safe position, than all u need to do is press 1 button and kill somebody who had bleeding effects. If u guys nerfed Uther to the ground… and now u released this trash. Come on?
Where is the excitment…

Agreed! A lot of valid points here.
She actively pushes me away from this game.
I loved this game.

NErf her bleed and healing already

1 Like

I spy with my little eye 10 alts in this thread

3 Likes

She is imbalanced from a completely objective point of view as compared to the assassins that share her pool. Her kit starts imbalanced so I’m not getting into talents, which only exacerbate the problems.

She has a bleed that is baked into all her abilities that isn’t considered a trait.

Her trait Grappling Hook:

1.Does single target damage.
2.Is one of the longer range mobility abilities for any melee assassin
3.Applies bleed so it interacts with Blood Rage
4. Can be activated during Revolving Sweep for more ability interaction.

Her Revolving Sweep is a BASIC ABILITY which is a:

1.Stun
3. AOE damage/bleed
4.Mobility effect
5. Immunity status because she’s untargetable
6.Single target damage
7.Knock back
8.Stun again
9. The whole time able to be activated by Qhira so an enemy can’t engage on her release point.

In a hero pool where most assassins had stuns removed, she released with a basic ability that has 2 stuns baked in.

I’m not going to give my opinion on how I feel about her. I wanted to point out some facts about how she compares to the current hero pool.

3 Likes

This is my first post on HotS forums ever I believe. Rest assured this is my main and only account.