Please nerf Qhira

Oh okay, well I believe you now. Thanks for clearing things up!

Just looking at the numbers she does and it’s clearly how ubalanced she is.
Often times she’s the highest damage taken, Damage dealt (by FAR, like double the damage from other players) and has a huge self heal for sustain. It’s just absurd, man. I’ve returned to the game and brought 3 other friends with me and every time we see a qhria on the enemy team we just lose a bit of will to play this

1 Like

12th account with less than 5 posts, joined in the last 4 days, and has posted in this thread agreeing with OP :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

some one make Efede understand that it’s not a matter of playing her or not…

I don’t know if you replied this to Vainglory by mistake, since it seems directed to me, but anyway…

I mentioned this in one of the (many) threads in General Discussion, as I thought there was a bit more… Well, discussion, going on there.

I did have time to play her myself, and my impresion is what I also think is the general feel in the forums (forums in general, not specifically this thread): She is OP, or rather overtuned (I mean her numbers are too high… Might be using the term wrong, IDK), but not the worst we’ve had (which doesn’t mean it’s OK).

To adress it in more detail:
IMO the biggest problem is that her bleed is almost like a straight up better version of Lunara’s Trait (and I already found Lunara scary :stuck_out_tongue:). It deals more damage (10% more at “level 0”), stacks more times, and the re-apply active does more per stack (while Lunara basically just applies one stack).

The level 1 Talent that improves the bleed is way too easy to finish, and too powerful for level 1.

I don’t feel her mobility is too much of a problem, 'cause (as many have mentioned) there are a whole bunch of ways to dislodge it… But I admit my impression could change if I didn’t suck so much at using Grappling Hook.

Her E making her completely invulnerable is also a common complaint, and I agree it might be too much. Giving her Unstopable is understandable, 'cause if not using that ability would be suicide, but I feel she could still work if it gave her a high amount of Armor or something, without making her completely immune.

I don’t feel her healing is as big of a deal as many make it out, but maybe it should depend on damage deal instead of being a flat value (like Butcher, or Varian’s Second Wind Talent), that way there would be something the enemy can do (become Protected or get some Armor to reduce the damage).

Some have said she has “the HP of a tank”. That is flat out not true, and I think she’s squishy enough (remember she’s a melee hero, so she needs a little bit more health than a ranged hero would)

I also think she could stand to be more mana hungry (I didn’t see this point adressed by others). I almost spammed my abilities on cooldown when playing her, and I ran out of mana like twice in 3 matches, and even when I did run out, i could actually just let my mana regen between uses of my Q, and I’d still deal more damage than my allies.

My conclusion is that she’s about as OP as release Fenix, and she’ll likely get nerfed soon, primarily by reducing her bleed damage, and depending on how much that damage is reduced, that could be enough.

TL;DR: Qhira is OP, but not too OP to fix with nuber tweeks. (All of this is just IMO, of course).

Oh look Activision once again forcing something to be released that is behind a paywall to more more money. not super surprising really. will take probably 2 to 3 months before ANY kind of nerf or patch because blizzard has to pay big daddy Activision.

You can accuse them of many things, but this? You can farm the gold for new heroes easily, this game is pretty generous for a F2P game.

2 Likes

you dont get it, its a blizzard tactic, they buff the hero at the release then they’ll nerf it in the upcoming patches after people have bought it.

Nerf this. This is absolutely stupid bliz.

You wanna play any assassin i nthe game, you would be stupid to not pick her. She literally is a buffed zeratul with sonya’s Q on drugs, and more healing than a healer. I can tell the QA department has literally quit their jobs already.

1 Like

As someone who plays new characters during the OP phase following release, I can confirm she is the most broken character yet. While you are correct that some seemingly OP characters just need to be demystified, I am still mystified how the devs thought this was okay. This is coming from someone who has been playing nothing but Qhira since release. Not having a Qhira on your team vs Qhira on the enemy team is an automatic loss unless they are completely incompetent. I can also confirm that unless I am really not trying, it is almost definitely a win when playing Qhira vs a no Qhira team barring a few characters that hard counter her. I just played vs a Kael Thas who threw out a pyro blast. I used my chain to swing around the nearest enemy hero and the completely negated the damage. I was offended for the enemy team that this was a mechanic in the game. :rofl:

1 Like

My “main”, as you can tell, is Kael’thas. Lvl 180. I’ve had my share of people countering me, especially tracer. Qhira is the hardest yet. I know the tip is dodging her so she can not lock on to you, so that means you’re constantly moving, but when she does and if you don’t have a healer, it’s basically over. My mana shield is even useless. She would have 10-13% health and I pyroblast and she does her spinning that lasts for quite a long time. Only person I think that can counter her is tracer and maybe orphea. But if I see her in matchmaking, I pretty sure it’s a lost for my team.

My only concern is her DOT damage or maybe overall damage. I think that should be nerfed or increase her cooldown times.

I’m not defending Qhira by any means (I do hope she gets some minor nerfs here and there to bring her back into line), but I would recommend going Phoenix against Qhira. Similarly to fighting a Medivh or an Uther with Divine Shield, going Pyroblast against a Qhira is pretty unwise. Phoenix offers you some zoning and additional damage that will help you fight her.

Also her best counters are characters with huge burst mobility like Tracer and Falstad, or characters that can cleanse, like Johanna, Dehaka, Anduin, Brightwing, or Samuro.

I wish I could post a video of the ridiculous nonsense I got away with the other day. I was Q’hira with a sliver of life running away from TLV and a mage, and my escapes were on cooldown (literally any other hero would’ve been dead). I caught them with my Q during a straight line cluster because of the path they had to take, got 5 blood rage stacks each on 4 heroes because of it, and instantly W’d my way to full health.

I’m not exaggerating at all. I went from not even being able to see my health bar to FULL HEALED. This is a clear example of her needing to be nerfed. I realize Blizz likes to OP new heroes for the cash, but this is beyond absurd. I don’t understand how she got past the design phase with these broken mechanics.

So i just noticed something odd (i dunno if its just this hero or not) but Qhira is actually auto targetable when shes spinning, she wont take damage but she can be attacked, i was playing SGT. Hammer last night and at around 20 and in siege mode i noticed my hammer was actually auto targeting her but dealing no damage, this increased my attack speed stacks (20 talent choice btw) and moment she landed was like full stacks.

Might be just Hammer in siege mode? or she might be targetable for heroes but hard to hit (specially for melee) so means you can build stacks on her.

Ya after that happened the first time, I went phoenix for now on. I hadn’t known anything about her, she was low on health and was running away, so I was like let me pyro her and then I did my taunt to show off my level because I just knew she would die and then she did her spin, i was like “reeeeally?” >.< lol

I bet you pyro genji

Lots of damage, lots of CC, lots of selfheal, even more HP than some bruisers, invincibility. Qhira is by far the worst addition to the game this year, messing up overall balancing even more and currently making QM unplayable. Thanks.

1 Like

I can absolutely agree what is said already in here. I am playing HotS since beta too and have seen many changes. There were lot of overpowered heroes for a time but it was never as hard as with qhira that i go into forum and write a post for it. It is a fact, thta Qhira needs comepletely to be changed. Dont only nerf it to the ground so nobody will play her anymore, better change the completely gameplay style or even give her another role, but u cannot just let her, like she is at the moment. The moral in the team without Qhira is like in first 5 minutes … oh gg lets go afk let them end they have qhira … thats really no fun anymore. They dont have want to try anymore to win that game. Maybe they try to kill qhira even for just getting 1 kill because they hate that hero but really trying to win a game against qhira there is no way of competitive gameplay anymore. dont wait too long for the first changes pls. it really crashes the fun in all matches where qhira is even the qhira is in the own team u can just watch how your team wins … not challenging…

P.S. in the last 7 days Qhira got banned storm league more than 20.000 times. for compare Kaelthas as 2nd most banned hero has like 15.000 bans. You see this is hast to have a reason! check the stastisics blizzard and change something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is unreal, no game with her is fun. No only the un-targetable, and ridiculous mobility, but you give her an un-comprehendable heal as well. I can’t believe it is taking this long to nerf her. It has been weeks. I wound understand if she was slightly OP, but this is no contest. Please patch soon or I may have to stop playing the game for a while.

1 Like