New support character ideas

C H R O N O B O O S T

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/concept/phasesmith-karax-5535

But also a lot less burst, so you don’t have to worry about losing 50%+ of your health to that one hero while silenced like you do with Valeera.

Plus, the silence doesn’t have to be that long, at least at baseline.

No. Hyper mobile heroes don’t deserve cc.

She would also be ranged which is more of an advantage than you’d probably think. She can be far more safe, and she would have way less counterplay. With Valeera if you can de-stealth her opener while she approaches from stealth she loses a lot of her kill pressure. If she tries to run at you out of stealth and then stealth when shes in basically melee range of you, for a more guaranteed opener, she is liable to take a lot of harass damage on the way into her engage.

Comparably, Sombra’s kit isn’t really reliant on her stealth. She is just a sustained damage dealer with highly disruptive abilities. Since she wouldn’t be as bursty there’s no reason why her silence wouldn’t be as long as Valeera’s baseline, since she’s not as threatening on her own. She would basically just be supplementing CC for her team to kill with, while also providing a bit of extra damage. Damage that is slightly less than a ranged assassin, but I would also expect her to deal more than Abathur or Medivh as they have way more powerful utility compared to hers. I suppose they could always give her the ability to shoot and run instead of more damage, because that has gone over so well in the past. :stuck_out_tongue:

She’d be like Thrall. It’d be movement speed, not teleporting.

Dude, If you think they are putting in Sombra without one of her abilities from OW you’re crazy man.

maybe Ysera… with some sleeps, silences, clouding of vision- something like that (maybe even a healing stasis talent or something to emulate the dream sort of like in the Emerald Nightmare raid where she puts you to sleep)

I want to see some kind of cross between Gall and an Aba hat. Like you never really control your own mobility, your “hero” is just a buff that can jump between heroes, giving them extra abilities and various forms of synergy.

Any idea who this hero could be?

Oh, you mean her Translocator.

I don’t call that “hypermobility” either. Tracer’s mobility comes from her Blinks, not Recall. Likewise with Sombra, except Sombra doesn’t have Blink and her Translocator is way more telegraphed than Tracer’s Recall.

Sombra’s kit by nature could be pretty overpowered but i tried to counteract this with some strong but appropriate side effects such as the delay between exiting stealth and using an ability / attacking. This occurs both if she willingly exits or is interrupted. I meant to include that hack would have a cast time and wouldn’t have an insane range (but still decent). Brightwing has this too.

As for the translocator, in essence it’s similar to chromie’s bye bye, except she can move anywhere she has already set up but doesn’t get instant healing. Great in theory, but losing a team member from a fight is a hindrance. Cooldown could even be as much as 30 seconds, making her have to play very safe and not provide as much value when she rejoins fight.

I still think that would be enough. I always envisioned that if they do have to bring Sombra, they will have to gut her damage output.
Think about it: none of her abilities damages in any way, they are utility only. Add to that her having to stand still like Tychus while having miniscule health and voilà.

I think D3 Necromancer might be a good way to do it
(Xul is D2) D3 is like a mage style and would focus on summons.
I’m not insane into the mythos of Diablo either I just know the Necromancer in D3 is a mage style hero so potential.

Also we could do the gender bent forms of the D3 characters and use other aspects of their kit, I know for instance the Witch Doctor could do a lot more then just the spirit stuff.

Perhaps that could be Eesha (Heart of the Swarm I’m probably misspelling her name) controlling a parasite of some kind.

Another option could be some kind of mechanical augment from a puppet master style character, maybe a mechanical entity controlled by Mengsk.

Everyone that plays OW uses that ability as an anchor that they teleport back to the moment they are in real trouble. That is worse than anything Tracer or Genji does currently by a mile. It’s a demonic circle as a basic ability.

On a utility based character with much less teamfight impact than an aoe mage.

Hero balance occurs with all aspects of their kit.

2 Likes

Ooh! I think I got it :grinning:

“Ysera can travel from mind to mind to travel anywhere she wishes by entering the dreams of any living being sleeping. She may enter the dreams of a target to communicate with or warn the sleeping creature. Ysera has the ability to planeshift between the real world and the Emerald Dream.”

“When in combat, she attacks with a greenish breath to put her opponents to sleep, and rarely strikes to kill. She prefers to neutralize her enemies and banish them away from her realm.”

I mean, you have to ignore the “while sleeping” part, but she could basically be a global healer/buffer. Then she can “planeshift” onto the battlefield and start blasting out green breaths of AoE sleep.

1 Like

Q
Some sort of damage with bonus effects that aid her allies.

W
Attach to an ally and enter the Emerald Dream with new abilities. While attached she grants some passive bonuses to her ally.

E
Sleep enemies in a cone

Emerald Dream abilities:

Q
Release a shockwave around her “host” that deals damage and reduces damage dealt by 30% for 3 seconds. Heroes hit are revealed.

W
Depart from the Emerald Dream.

E
Detach from her “host” and roam free while in the Emerald Dream. Can also be used to re-attach to another ally. After detaching, reappearing from Emerald Dream grants nearby allies a large shield.
“Oh you were going to kill my ally? Nope!”

Note: Ysera should probably be unable to soak XP while in the Emerald Dream. Would probably be hard to balance.

This inspired me :smiley:

I’ll toss in my support ideas as well. I have an additional old, outdated Zultun Kulle support idea for a Diablo Support, as well as many others.

She’d be assassin dude. The support thing is nice fantasy but not one the heroes devs would ever do. That’s like the people who said Anduin would have some kind of shadow priest aspect.

Here is my support/macro hero concept:

She is a bit like Abathur with increased interaction with enemies.