New Patch. Crashing

running mac os 10.13.6 and since todays patch I’ve randomly had HOTS crash mid game. Can’t find any particular reason. First crash occurred on mac os 10.13.3 and issue persists after updating to 10.13.6. Once the game crashes I relaunch the game. I rejoin my current game. I get past the loading screen and to the reconnecting please wait screen and then it crashes again.

5 Likes

Same issue running 10.12.6 disconnecting from Brawl matches and unable to reconnect. Receiving “unexpected fatal error” repeatedly

1 Like

Also crashing mid game, cannot reconnect on OS X

1 Like

crashing on load here. 10.14.3

1 Like

All MAC users have the same

2 Likes

Having the same issue on the previous version of Mojave. Thought about updating but since I can see from the thread that the issue is present on 10.14.3 I will hold off.
I don’t believe prior to the Feb 12, 2019 patch that I have ever had the application crash.
MacBook 15" Retina (Mid-2014)
OSX 10.14.2
16GB RAM
GeForce 750M 2GB
Intel Core-i7 2.5GHz

Last 2 crashes were during a match on sky temple. Unsure of the map during crashes last night.
Sent report from the crash window. Only displays ‘fatal error.’
Will update if a crash occurs on other maps.

2 Likes

Same issue here, I crashed twice since the patch, never like that before. Two HL games lost.

2 Likes

This happens to me all the time since the patch. I played like this 10 games since the patch. And lost them all.

1 Like

I am using Mac osMojave version 10.14.3 and all of the stated issues above are the same issues what I’ve been troubled with.
Crashes has started with the patch 42.2 and gotten worst with 43, also the error box gives this code: F4B38A0D-3440-464D-BE0D-6C1A7222BF72 pls can just someone help me about it? thanks…

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
3,4 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 570 4096 MB

1 Like

Ever since downloading the new patch, the game crashes in the middle of ranked and ai games both. I am able to rejoin games but this is getting out of hand. In one game I crashed 3 times. Unacceptable. I lost the game and rank points. What happens if I am unable to rejoin next time? Get leaver penalty for a faulty patch?

Running 10.12.6.

Edit - The irony of it is that the new patch supposedly claims it “improved compatibility with latest Mac OS versions”.

2 Likes

Same her - game crashes randomly.

MacOS 10.14.3
Radeon 450 Pro

“improved compatibility with latest Mac OS versions” never change a running system… except you have to in case of deprecated OpenGL support.

Do this folks!

The fix worked for me.

mine has been crashing with the new mount being equipped (sidecar)- if you’re using it, unequip it. mine was running fine until i started using it and games where it’s not equipped run fine.

rejoining it crashes immediately because the AI is on the mount. or if it dies and respawns it crashes. if i hearth, it crashes. if i unequip the mount immediately upon loading, it does not crash.

I’ve been playing since the patch and today my game finally started crashing. I think it is indeed related to a specific Mount or skin. The game crashed as soon as someone from my team mounted twice (managed to reconnect to the same game)

Same issue here. Happens for me only on Sky Temple, and I can’t stay in the game for more than 30sec without it crashing. Both 10.14 and 10.15. Changing hostname didn’t work for me.

2 Likes

Seems to be something with the sky temple map. Other maps worked ok but once that map came up my Mac kernel panicked and rebooted. Every time I tried to rejoin I could only last for about 30secs before it crashed again.

2017 iMac 3.4GHz i5
Radeon Pro 570
macOS Catalina 10.15

2 Likes

Thanks for your continued reports! As this is an older thread, going to go ahead and close this. Our QA team has requested information on this thread:

As a note, there is an issue with the “quit unexpectedly” on launch that’s a known issue. Changing the computer name will resolve these situations.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/known-technical-support-issues-updated-may-20-2019/20554/5