New patch (2.48.1.76517) crashing repeatedly

I installed the new patch and it’s crashing repeatedly once I get into a game. Twice it crashed to the desktop and once it caused a kernel panic. I feel bad for my team.

4 Likes

Hey davextreme!

If you wouldn’t mind, could post your System’s info, it would greatly help our engineers. This information should live in your “About This Mac” screen

• macOS version
  • Processor
  • Memory
  • Graphics.

Thank you so much for your help!

3 Likes

Hi!
I don’t know if this is related, but since the last update the game crashes frequently when it is not played on fullscreen. When I scroll through desktops or minimize the game window it frequently crashes… and this was not an issue before.
(Mac version 10.14.6 (from early 2015), 1.6 GHz Intel core i5, 8GB1600 MHz DDR, Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB)

1 Like

macOS Catalina

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I5
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4GB

I think all the crashes have been on Sky Temple.

4 Likes

Tried to play after updating to Catalina: 1st game lagged at beginning (it should be ok, since Blizzard advised about initial “learning”), 2nd game on sky temple I had to abandon the idea to rejoin due to 5 crashes in a row.

Model name: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
Model ID: MacBookPro14,3
CPU: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
CPU speed: 2,8 GHz
RAM: 16 GB

Intel HD Graphics 630 + Radeon Pro 555 2GB

I always play full screen FWIW

1 Like

Following up, I made an AI custom game on Sky Temple and the game crashed to the desktop before the gates even opened. My crashes yesterday were on Sky Temple, too.

(I’d like my ranked points back and my leaver status removed. I know that’s a big ask, but I feel I simply can’t play ranked anymore because there’s like a 10% change it’s an auto-loss now because of crashes.)

2 Likes

Yeah mate; I do not play ranked actually, but I’m feeling bad about companions anyway. And, sincerely, moreover about wasting my really small free time headbanging against my laptop instead of enjoy a couple of matches :stuck_out_tongue:

But your thoughts are straight, even if I cannot figure out how the tech support should be able to discern such specific situations :slight_smile:

Let’s try to be patient and wish someone is taking care of us :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I had a crash today. Got reconnected to the game and crashed again. It was also on Sky Temple.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 460 4 GB

2 Likes

Yep, Sky Temple is crashing me also.

3 Likes

Game has also been crashing for me non stop (within seconds of entering/rejoining game, 3+ times in a row), only had a chance to try it on Sky Temple. The first time my entire computer crashed/restarted. The following times only the game crashed.

macOS Catalina 10.15
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

2 Likes

Another day, another try:

• dragon shire game went ok (lags at the beginning)
  • garden terror game went ok (lags at the beginnig)
  • sky temple only started, crashed in less than 10 seconds; rejoined 4 times, always crashed before the first mouse click.

Obviously I’m getting marked as a leaver in the meantime.

I’d be glad to receive a follow-up from the support.

1 Like

Tried a vs. AI game. It was Sky Temple. It crashed right before the gates opened.

Before that I played several brawls with no issue.

1 Like

Same issue. Sky temple is the only map this happens to me on, and only since the last patch.

1 Like

I’m also crashing on Sky Temple right before the gates open and when trying to reconnect; the game/computer crashes again.

It seems to have been introduced around the latest patch (I have 48.0 at the moment).

It is very disconcerting to see a Kernel Panic on my brand new iMac with macOS 10.15 Catalina.

I’m also having the same problem on Sky Temple.

See this thread:

I set my shaders to medium in the graphics settings and was able to play a Sky Temple AI game. On ultra (my previous setting) and also high, it crashed within about 15 seconds.

Seems like related to New patch (2.48.1.76517) crashing repeatedly - #11 by PioneerSkies-2916

I will try to lower that settings (my suggested settings are “Ultra”) and eventually to report back the next time I’ll be in game.

Thanks for sharing @tuxedobob

I’m sure it’s the same bug. I posted a new thread for visibility.

Tried a custom game in sky temple with lowered graphics like @tuxedobob suggested and I was able to play on the map (finally).