New patch (2.48.1.76517) crashing repeatedly

Following up, I made an AI custom game on Sky Temple and the game crashed to the desktop before the gates even opened. My crashes yesterday were on Sky Temple, too.

(I’d like my ranked points back and my leaver status removed. I know that’s a big ask, but I feel I simply can’t play ranked anymore because there’s like a 10% change it’s an auto-loss now because of crashes.)

2 Likes

Yeah mate; I do not play ranked actually, but I’m feeling bad about companions anyway. And, sincerely, moreover about wasting my really small free time headbanging against my laptop instead of enjoy a couple of matches :stuck_out_tongue:

But your thoughts are straight, even if I cannot figure out how the tech support should be able to discern such specific situations :slight_smile:

Let’s try to be patient and wish someone is taking care of us :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I had a crash today. Got reconnected to the game and crashed again. It was also on Sky Temple.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 460 4 GB

2 Likes

Yep, Sky Temple is crashing me also.

3 Likes

Game has also been crashing for me non stop (within seconds of entering/rejoining game, 3+ times in a row), only had a chance to try it on Sky Temple. The first time my entire computer crashed/restarted. The following times only the game crashed.

macOS Catalina 10.15
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

2 Likes

Another day, another try:

• dragon shire game went ok (lags at the beginning)
  • garden terror game went ok (lags at the beginnig)
  • sky temple only started, crashed in less than 10 seconds; rejoined 4 times, always crashed before the first mouse click.

Obviously I’m getting marked as a leaver in the meantime.

I’d be glad to receive a follow-up from the support.

1 Like

Tried a vs. AI game. It was Sky Temple. It crashed right before the gates opened.

Before that I played several brawls with no issue.

1 Like

Same issue. Sky temple is the only map this happens to me on, and only since the last patch.

1 Like

I’m also crashing on Sky Temple right before the gates open and when trying to reconnect; the game/computer crashes again.

It seems to have been introduced around the latest patch (I have 48.0 at the moment).

It is very disconcerting to see a Kernel Panic on my brand new iMac with macOS 10.15 Catalina.

I’m also having the same problem on Sky Temple.

See this thread:

I set my shaders to medium in the graphics settings and was able to play a Sky Temple AI game. On ultra (my previous setting) and also high, it crashed within about 15 seconds.

Seems like related to New patch (2.48.1.76517) crashing repeatedly - #11 by PioneerSkies-2916

I will try to lower that settings (my suggested settings are “Ultra”) and eventually to report back the next time I’ll be in game.

Thanks for sharing @tuxedobob

I’m sure it’s the same bug. I posted a new thread for visibility.

Tried a custom game in sky temple with lowered graphics like @tuxedobob suggested and I was able to play on the map (finally).

I’ve tested this, too, and can confirm that I was able to play an AI game on Sky Temple with MEDIUM shaders. Game crashed when on Ultra and High. (This is the newest 15 Oct patch.)

1 Like

Constantly crashing on Sky Temple, it led to kernel panic at last. Needed to be fixed immediately.

macOS Catalina
2017 iMac 5K

1 Like

My Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2018) just crashed on Sky Temple too. It’s been happening to me for a couple of weeks at least. I didn’t realize until I found this post that it may only be happening on the Sky Temple map. Can’t verify that atm, but I have a feeling it’s happened on other maps too. It used to kick me off the HOTS platform and send me to my desktop, but now it’s starting to reboot my entire computer (maybe since the last update). I try to get back in, but it crashes and reboots my comp after a few seconds of getting back in the game.

• macOS Catalina Version 10.15
  • 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
  • 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
2 Likes

Thought to share my case as well, seeing the representative was asking in the other thread as to setting Shaders to medium is fixing the problem. It is, temporarily for now. FYI, I had crashes only on Sky Temple with Ultra Shader settings. On the other maps, everything works normally, and so is Sky Temple as long as I keep Shaders to Medium. Crashes come with kernel panic, so the computer reboots automatically shortly after. I’d call it near game-breaking.

• macOS 10.15 (19A602)
  • 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 (Mac mini 2018)
  • 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • Radeon RX Vega 64 8 GB (eGPU)

I know this is a bizarre request, but I wish Blizzard would implement a quick-fix that will force Shaders to be set to Medium or lower on Sky Temple for Mac users until they find the solutions. It’s odd as is to change graphics settings as the game starts, and to rejoin a game due to kernel panic is just a pain.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem also! I am also using :
mac MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Along with freezing and turning my comp totally off I also cannot command + tab back to my home screen out of the game without it freezing. anyone else?

are there any remedies for this problem?