[Main Thread] Log in as administrator / Update loop

Thanks !!! That did it for me for starcraft ii .

They closed this thread but it has not helped…

1 Like

This helped me to fix the game stuck on update. Thank you!

Mine is still updating after trying renaming folder and all permission fixes.

what do you mean you renamed the folder? I still need this fixed.

Tried this suggestion, to no avail… [Main Thread] Log in as administrator / Update loop - #50 by Aerandur-1151

1 Like

Hey all,

The bug which caused this issue has now been fixed in the latest Battle.net app version. If you’re still seeing problems with updates looping we’ll want to try a full wipe and reinstall of the Battle.net app using the steps below.

1. In Windows 10 go to Start → Settings
  2. Click on Apps
  3. Uninstall the Battle.net app
  4. Press Windows key + R
  5. Type the following into the Run window and hit Enter: %APPDATA%
  6. Delete the Battle.net and Blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %PROGRAMDATA%
  8. Navigate to the folder C:\Users\your name\Documents
  9. Delete the Heroes of the Storm folder
  10. Empty the recycle bin.

Now reinstall the Battle.net app: Battle.net App – Blizzard Entertainment

If the Battle.net app does not locate the existing Heroes of the Storm install, use the Locate Game button and point it to the install folder.

Lastly, if the update problems persist or you get other errors, you may need to uninstall Heroes of the Storm then manually delete the Heroes of the Storm folder (where the game is actually installed) before doing a fresh install.

Edit: To clarify, the bug fixed is in reference to the Battle.net app issue which caused some permissions to reset. The Heroes of the Storm team is still looking into the problem with getting a small update each time the game is launched.

1 Like

Smells like a fix, finally. Did all 10 steps even the last one, fresh new Bnet app installation, then click Install HotS and kaaboom - we couldn’t access the folder…blah blah error code BLZBNTAGT0000084B
Ah, shiiet, here we go again

tried this and still didnt work, game keeps updating everytime i start it.

2 Likes

After the mayor last patch the problem continued, but two days later I noted the battle net menu granted an update… So presto !
Congratulations, after almost ONE MONTH we got the bug fixed, no way I was going to do all those steps and maybe mess the game even further… and like sure, everyone still going on with the problem was going to do THAT…

Anyway I’ll keep checking the game, to be sure everything is back to normal, so much time with an annoying issue !

I just logged in for the first time in months in under 30 seconds! No more 137mb patch, yay! : Edit 3 hours later: YUP, 137mb issue is back again. WTH Bliz???

1 Like

i still have the problem :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, bad news, the problem has returned. I’m downloading the 137 ghost patch again as I type these words. It is strange because it did not happened early in the day, but now is all the mess again.
Too bad, thought they had really fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Uninstalled the battle.net app, deleted all the app data contents and HotS folder in documents. Emptied recycle bin (why?). Reinstalled. HotS updated. Closed battle.net and reopened. Wanted an update again. Tried to update and “We couldn’t access a folder…” So no fix for me :frowning: Still wants an update every time. Still wont let me update.

2 Likes

Likewise, I followed all the instructions posted, but the patch loop remains.

1 Like

Same here, issue is still happening even after trying all the fixes mentioned here.

1 Like

Still have the same problem. A 134MB phantom patch every time…

1 Like

Formatted computer and reinstalled the game. Still experiencing this issue.

1 Like

same issue here. Tried all the fixes mentioned and still patches every time.

1 Like

Bump. Tried all the above blue post steps. No luck. Still getting a 137MB update nearly every time I open Battle.net client, sometimes immediately following a game. Random frame loss also present.

1 Like

137MB everytime I start this fk game…

1 Like