How did people go about fixing "not logged in as an admin"

So… as the only game on the list “Heroes of the Storm” claims i am not logged in as an admin while every other game is updating perfectly.

How did YOU fix this issue?

I tried every single step suggested by Blizzard with 0 luck.

10 Likes

im having same issue cant run update or play the game

2 Likes

I just started to get this issue too. Anyone find a solution?

1 Like

Also just ran into the same issue. Was able to play the game earlier today just fine.

I tried reinstalling both Battle.net and HOTS, but now I’m unable to install HOTS.

Opened a ticket with Blizz, if I can figure it out I’ll post back.

2 Likes

I have the same problem, any other game works, but Heroes of the Storm is not able to Update nor Install…

2 Likes

Also not working for me. Restarted PC, am logged in as admin, can’t update the game to launch it (can’t access the folder is the error I’m getting). Magically I was able to uninstall it, but now can’t reinstall the game on any drives.

2 Likes

I just tryed to play today and getting this error as well. I have done everything i could try and get it to work but nothing.

2 Likes

I am also having this issue. Have removed all Blizzard/bnet files from PC and reinstalled bnet. Last time I played was 11/17, issue started the evening of 11/18.

3 Likes

Same issue here, no succes with doing any solutions previously mentioned.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue.
Until it’s been fixed by Blizzard, I’ll run the game by launching : Heroes of the Storm\Support64\HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe"
But I have to enter my credentials every single time :frowning:

3 Likes

Just wanted to add that I’m having the same issue and have tried all of the troubleshooting tips. Was playing just fine last night.

1 Like

This actually worked for me lol. Thanks very much!

I’m having this same issue, did you found a solution?

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue, tried every solution proposed by Blizzard including completely uninstalling the game and Battlenet and all related folders. It won’t let me install anywhere or on different drives and all other Blizzard products are working.

2 Likes

I’m having this issue too, have tried everything, reinstalling battlenet, restarting PC, run as administrator, can’t update & install
Only HotS, any other game worked fine
The only thing that worked is running Heroes of the Storm from the directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm\Support64\HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe

5 Likes

I have this issue as well, unfortunately I uninstalled already so can’t try running the game directly. Won’t allow me to install back, either.

4 Likes

I had the same issue. Unfortunately I uninstalled and launcher won’t install on any drives.

1 Like

The solution for me was this: [Main Thread] Log in as administrator / Update loop - #15 by Skelgarer-1963

but I have a error on Heroes of the Storm folder, only change name to create a new one… I lost all my config but now I can update or install

Same problem here. My account has admin priv’s. Tried running as administrator. Tried rebooting. Tried scan and repair. Tried uninstalling (which worked!) and reinstalling (which didn’t!). Tried installing into another directory. Tried installing SCII - started without issue in the same parent folder.

Haven’t found a solution yet. Guess I’ll be playing some non-Bliz games for a while.

2 Likes

I hope this gets fixed today… already uninstalled game to try reinstalling so I can’t access it at all.

1 Like