It's been 4 months since Mei was released

What are “summoner heroes”? Like Abathur, who can control forts and keeps? Because when I read “Summoner” I think about heroes like Zagara, Xul or Azmo with their marsh of minions. :joy:

You can add also Gazlowe, Probius, Kerrigan and Jaina to the list

1 Like

well pardon me friend but i happen to notice there is onE NAME CONSPICUOUSLY ABSENT FROM THIS LIST???

BLACKTHORNE BLACKTHORNE BLACKTHORNE YEEEEEAAAHHHHHHH

He’s never getting in, I know. I just keep praying.

5 Likes

If we get a new hero “Soon™”, it will almost certainly be after the current SL season ends, but before the next SL season starts.

Wat, no Blackthorne?

/riot

1 Like

I’ll Keep saying Andariel.

Actually, the full quote implies the opposite: “Oh my, how did I not expect this to be asked…who would have guessed that so many people are in love with Kyle Blackthorne! His name is brought up to me almost every day – at this point it has become a meme around the (virtual) office. While I would be super excited to see him enter the Nexus, I am holding strong picket-lines for a few other crowd-favorites first.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/heroes-of-the-storm-lead-muses-on-the-success-of-the-gladiator-s-medallion-the-latest-reworks-and-blackthorne-604580.phtml

He’s not next, but he’s bouncing around their team all the time. Maybe we’ll get him soon.

4 Likes

If he’s released, will be my first direct hero bought.

Well. They already planned on bringing an Overwatch tank in that time. so they started developing Reinhardt (Tbh Rein’s kit is very boring to me but if others like it, it’s fine). Unfortunately they met so many issues with which abilities should be blocked by his barrier and which shouldn’t. Also his kit being similar to existing heroes. So they brought Mei in as the first Overwatch tank.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t like Reinhard’s kit either, his skills are mostly already in the game… he isn’t new like Mei.

1 Like

Exactly. As the devs themselves mentioned, he’s gonna take a long time to be fully developed with the stated issues.

1 Like

Another nexus original would be a suicide.

2 Likes

Not really suicide, if it’s fun to play and well introduced, but I agree it wouldn’t be smart from an economic perspective. I mean would you leave the game, autobusik, if we get another Nexus hero? I wouldn’t, at least not for that. There are other reasons to quit with Blizzard than Hots and personally this game is actually mostly the only game that keeps me on bnet. :joy:

1 Like

Then give me a non-original nexus hero.

My money is on an Overwatch hero to coincide with OW2 release.

I doubt. We just got an Overwatch hero (As much as I want another Overwatch hero next).

2 Likes

Pretty sure they mentioned that Reinhardt wasn’t to come out in the near future due to the issues they have with his kit, mainly is barrier, which was also one of the motives that made them turn Mei into a tank. So, to my dismay, I don’t see him being an option in the next year.

As for who’s coming, no idea tbh. None whatsoever.

2 Likes

Hope it will be sc or diablo this time.

The devs already stated that the development of Mei as a Tank was determined from the beginning.

3 Likes

if not StarCraft or Diablo heroes I see that more Overwatch heroes will have expected them.