It's been 4 months since Mei was released

So the new hero should be coming soon. Who and when will they come to the game?

2 Likes

My guess is probably the following November, or they will couple it with this year’s winter event.

9 Likes

Yes I try that will more StarCraft & Diablo heroes to the game in StarCraft case hasn’t more heroes added since Fenix introduction back in 2018.

1 Like

when: likely december. Might be when season changes over in November.

who: obviously it’s Codman

Overmind/an Old God
Reinhardt
RnR Racing Car
Azshara/Lady Vashj
Bolvar
Baal
Reinhardt/Winston
Are my guesses.

8 Likes

I think next hero is Arcturus Mengsk.

Last year in one interview, devs mentioned that they did some prototyping on DW, Reinhardt and Mengsk. DW was released last year, Rein was indefinitely postponed due to issues with his barrier and we got Mei instead.

3 Likes

Finally an SC hero! But I am still unsure, because it also could be an warcraft hero, because shadowlands is out soon as well and they want to promote WoW.

1 Like

Probable, in November and a hero from Diablo or Nexus maybe from Warcraft.

And personally I’d like to see that the current dev team make a Horseman (Baron Riven Dare) for game.

I think the next hero should be THE LORD OF DESTRUCTION, POSSESSOR OF TAL RASHA, CORRUPTOR OF THE WORLDSTONE, MURDER OF MARIUS, CONQUEROR OF SESHERON, TRIUNE SPIRIT OF CREATION, FINAL BOSS OF DIABLO 2, AND THE ONLY PRIME EVIL NOT CURRENTLY IN THE NEXUS, BAAL! :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

But we have Kel’thuzad already. :joy:

But to be honest Baal sounds good, another one with a lot of titles…

2 Likes

Just give us mannoroth with a lvl 20 to use him as a mount. I want to see yrel riding him to destroy the lore.

1 Like

An interesting note though, is why did they not save Mei for the upcoming winter event and instead release this new hero in her stead? Wouldn’t Mei’s release fit better in November? That miiight be a helpful hint on who is coming next.

They plan their content out far in advanced, likely Mei was because they had an idea for an anomaly around weather.

They also typically have a “blizzcon hero”. The next hero was probably planned for Blizzcon.

1 Like

yes, december is the earliest we’ll see one :expressionless:

Blizzcon is a lot of work. I don’t know how much virtual Blizzcon has changed things, but them being able to push it forward to November sounds possible.

It would be nice if it is possible, as it would give them time to not let a hero sit super weak/strong over holidays. Although ideally, the hero is balanced on launch, of course!

My guess would be “next year”.

won’t track the post down, but they have clearly stated that they’ll be launching another hero besides Mei this year.

on the topic of general hero launches, I know they’re working on opening up their art pipeline to be easier to make new content, have to wonder how much that might actually speed things up. As I imagine the art is indeed the holdup, not the conceptual stuff.

7 Likes

In a recent interview, Brett Crawford was asked about Blackthorne, to which he said “While I would be super excited to see him enter the Nexus, I am holding strong picket-lines for a few other crowd-favorites first.”

So that tells me we’re getting some crowd favourite soon. AZJackson also said he was trying to push Yogg-Saron last year. Given that this is our Blizzcon-tier hero, it’ll be something huge.

My off-the-wall prediction is Yogg-Saron. More practically, it’ll probably be something like Grom, Vashj, or Baal.

1 Like

I would far rather see a new SC hero, but if it is Warcraft, I want something impressive, such as Mannoroth. I know we just had a tank, and they already said there are no more new tanks in the near future, but a Pit Lord tank or bruiser would be a ton of fun to play.

4 Likes

If people are right about it being the would-have-been-a-Blizzcon-Hero, then I’d say Grom and Baal are likely, as they are by far the most requested by the comunity (I think?).

Reinhardt is also pretty heavily requested, but the devs did say his shield was proving too troublesome to implement, so I don’t expect him so “soon”.

That said, there’s also a posibility that the Blizzcon hero is not necesarily something highly requested, but more of a “unique” or “stand out” hero. The Mengsk theory would likely work with that.

And then, there’s a third posibility, which that the “Big Blizzcon Hero” was re-scheduled to be revealed at BlizzcOnline, and we’re getting a more normal release in the next couple of months.

(There’s also the posibility that the Blizzcon hero was delayed for BlizzcOnline, but nothing else is ready, so we’re not getting anyone else this year, but I’m still holding out hope that this is not the case)

1 Like