Infinite "Reconnecting..." screen

Sometimes (1 game of 3-4, mostly ranked idk why) I get disconnected without any reason (connection is stable, I’m using cable + I still can hear my teammates through voice chat, they can hear me), it happens suddenly with no lags or freezes, just bang, “Reconnecting”…

And it shows this “Reconnecting…” screen, but never starts reconnecting: theres no progress bar, just 3 dots blinking. I can wait forever until the game will finally say “u were dropped” or “the game has ended” or smth…

But if I restart the whole game, there will be a button “rejoin?”, and it will reconnect IMMEDIATELY (well, I’ll have to catch up like 20 mins of game, and it will be probably lost already, but still it starts doing something!)

I’ve tried repairing/reinstalling the whole game, I checked my connection 500 times, I’ve flushed/changed DNS and many other things. Nothing helps.

1 Like

I was dealing with almost the same thing months ago, but I was getting disconnected 3-4 times per game, after about 4.5-5 minutes of play, so I would constantly have to restart the whole game, and often missed the end of a match, so I got leaver status. I couldn’t finish games, so then my leaver penalty kept growing. I tried getting tech support, but it didn’t go too far.
The issue suddenly went away, but now it’s back again (as of yesterday) and my leaver penalty is now 4 games since I have been dropped right at the end of the last 3 consecutive games. My internet is not disconnected, I’m not losing connections to YouTube, e-mail, or even the Blizzard app, just HotS. If this is a problem for other people, it’s clearly not just my ISP or my laptop, and it needs to be addressed if they want this game to not go from liming along to truly dead.

@Airion I found a weird solution for this sh1t. When I get this ‘reconnecting’ screen, I plug in my phone & use it as USB-adapter (just to switch from my home internet to mobile), once the game catches up I switch back.
Maybe theres something wrong with IP availability or some ports are blocked between us & blizzard’s servers, I dont really know
The fact is: the whole game can work properly except this little but vital reconnecting algorythm (which would be still horrible even without this bug, lol). And yep, tech support gives zero fks to this problem indeed

1 Like

They answered my initial complaint and I tried sending them the data that they requested, but no one ever followed up. It’s like they just pulled everyone off tech support for this game, not just the devs.

1 Like

I’m having this same problem, did you ever figure it out?

1 Like

something i use to do was this…
note: you should only really try this if you DC’d start/middle of a game since reconnecting and syncing you back to other players takes a little time

i would exit the game completely. which would give me the message about leaving the game while its in progress and so on.

then i reopen the game and click the rejoin message that pops up. uaually at this point the game will actually reconnect properly.

the only time this will not reconnect and take a long time is when the game has ended (you DC’d at the end of a game) then it wont be able to reconnect you. the game will try and when it times out eventually it will kick you out and give you a message saying the game has ended.

[Locked due to necro by Forum Moderator]

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Hasher22 - “Reconnecting…”

A post was split to a new topic: CC1727 - “Reconnecting…”