[Main Thread] Log in as administrator / Update loop

these lil 138 mb patches may be nothing for blizzard but eventually my lil 256gb hd will be full in a month (if these things are stacking) lol

Same issue… really frustruating. Glad I’m not the only one having issues with massive FPS drops, so it’s not on my end.

Mine is still doing this.

endless patching confirmed.

my game is stuck asking to update now before it was endless patching now i guess it reached its limit it asking for admin and everything is on admin mode

Hey all,

The development team has identified the underlying issue and is working on a permanent fix. In the meantime, you can work around this problem by manually changing the permissions of your Documents folder:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to your Documents folder
  2. Right-click the Documents folder and click Properties
  3. Click the Security tab towards the top
  4. Click the “Edit…” button next to “To change permissions, click Edit.
  5. Ensure “Full control” is set to “Allow” for all Groups or user names
  6. Click Apply and OK

We apologize for any disruption this has caused, and we’ll update this thread when we have concrete information regarding a permanent fix.

I have this bug for about a week and so far it wasn’t bothering me much but today it got worse. Download speed is 32KB/s. I’ve waited 10 minutes and it only got 25% of the download. Expecting a 40 minutes wait time to launch. I have no problems with my internet connection. Please give high priority to this issue.

It is already activaded and doesnt work here. 40 minutes waiting for the update this time.

I still have the patch bug too, others have reported it has gone away for them. Sigh.

Same here and I cant find any way to fix it

1 Like

Same trouble, can’t update or even fresh install HOTS, get BLZBNTAGT0000084B error code. Diablo 3, TBC Classic work tho.

2 Likes

Keeps downloading when I open or close HotS.

Fixed for Me
Ok This worked for me dudes. I hope it Helps Some of You. GL HF

I moved all the contents of the Documents File Of Windows to another place.
I think to delete or erase the Heroes of the storm folder there should do the trick too. But for safe I moved the Entire folder somewhere else.
Somehow That was the trouble for me.
Once I Cleared that Documents Folder I was able to install.
I think it has something to do with One Drive Settings Sync of that folder.

5 Likes

Thanks dude, it helped me.

:ok_hand:

Change owner of ‘%Documents%\Heroes of the Storm’ and all subfolders and files and take full access to this folder and all subfolders and file - FIXED PROBLEM for me

3 Likes

solution posted here doesnt work for me. This patching issue has been going on for weeks now and causes my games FPS in HOTS to drop very low making it hard to play. If this is affecting the entire bnet launcher how has it not been fixed yet

3 Likes

I am here to say I have this issues too, and the fix did NOT work… its EVERY time i load the game…

when i run heros of the storm its updating everytime any solution to remove that issue?

2 Likes

Mine keeps updating also, been doing this for over a week now. I have tried the suggested fix from a different post and it still did not work. But I guess it isn’t a serious enough issue to warrant any attention.

1 Like

It’s not just HOTS. It’s all games on the Blizzard launcher. It’s been talked about a few times but besides being ‘acknowledged’ in a twitter post, it’s been complete radio silence from blizzard overall.

1 Like