Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes - June 15, 2021

I like that I was right on the money about both level rewards and Into the Fray being made baseline.

BUT MUH SLIPPERY SLOPE! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I was never a huge fan of Grill and Kill or Adhesive Petroleum, although they had their uses, and I pretty much always took Thermal Protection (E CDR and armor) at 16. Now with his new E talent at 13 (extra damage), I can see carnage happening in team fights.

2 Likes

world of warcraft trolls like Amani, Darkspear, zandalari :D.

2 Likes

My question is answered, we got some new trains out. Now is the next question how long have we wait until the next trains will be stopped? 1 month or 6 month? :crazy_face: But maybe they are just fine, because they donā€™t sound like too strong like old Valla.

Not a bad idea.

Hi iā€™d like to provide a feedback that hopefully could be addressed in a future patch.
Whenever you are decreasing your death time as Leoric, by using is hand ability while in ghost form, the resurrection bar is not properly visually updated and the number of seconds remaining are not correct as well. The only thing that is actually correct is the white health bar that slowly increases.

Point is, when you ā€œcheatā€ death for several seconds you canā€™t rely on the big middle bar and the countdown anymore, you have to watch a smaller bar to know when you are coming back. If you have to hearthstone(6 sec cast) so you donā€™t revive in a bad location and you cant rely on the countdown it makes harder to time it properly.

Summarizing, please make the death bar and the countdown reflect the actual time left to revive taking into account the ā€œcheated deathā€.

Iā€™m sold.
That lvl 13 E talent is massive. 541 dmg at that level.

ā€¦Maybe the true winner behind the scene compared to Muradin and Orphea?

Orphea might have the same effect on what happened to Sonya when it got buff, but on a smaller scale.
All of her talents had decent win rates, but only one build dominated, which was the trait + W reset.
Now, both E and Q build seem power creeped to me. Her stat checking numbers are considerable.
Iā€™m not as sure for Muradin.

Iā€™m liking this patch already! I can average a close DPS not far from Valla as Raynor, so this buff will make things alot more easier lol. These Gambit loans are awesome!

Orphy Orphy Orphy! Itā€™s about time she got a little buff. Iā€™ve been using her lately and I got so many MVP and straight wins with her. With this slight power-spike, it should make her even more clutch and fun to play.

really wish you guys had fixxed the bug where if you go into storm league, look at second page of heroes in draft, it kicks you back to first page in about 10-30 seconds, so annoyingā€¦

Just a quick note, you forgot to change the in game tooltips.

And specifically, Muradin lvl.4 Sledgehammer shouldnā€™t say it gives more stack to baseline quest since it doesnā€™t exist anymore.

EDIT : Other than that, good patch.

1 Like

Nice Anduin buffs, letā€™s see if they are enough

Maybe at some point you guys will find out whats the most frustrating aspect of your game. Itā€™s not that Stiches heals a lot btw. Itā€™s the matches the players get thrown into.

Reactive Ballistospores is now bugged, giving him an ancestral heal.

Shift + Q
Move command
Shift + D
Shift + 1
Shift + D

The theory is that Q isnā€™t removed between the double D time frame, so he can proc his healing twice with trait.
Edit: It gets even better with Vigorous Reuptake (trait lvl 4).
This brings his healing up to 1628 at lvl 4.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sad with the Stukov nerfs, though I guess I need to try out his new baked in talents to know for sure. He just seems to never be allowed to have any fun talents :joy:.

I think the ā€œhero gets X talent baselineā€ Is a great and healthy mechanic of balancing an OP or UP heroes. More heroes should get this treatment as well. (Looking at Nazeebo and Zagara).

Yeah I think thisā€™ll get nerfed. Thereā€™s no way BW is gonna be balanced when she can spam Emerald Wind every 5 seconds without burning her mana lol.

Oh my god yes! The dev actually listens to us. Loan didnā€™t make a lot of sense too anyway.

If you canā€™t see Nova, sheā€™s probably behind you.

Also, thank you for the patch notes dev, it really seems fun and canā€™t wait to try out Orphea and Blaze. A little sad Stukov got nerfed. Also, Zagara buffs when? :rofl:

1 Like

Looks like Valla is starting to get defanged a bit. The buff to her Q puzzles me though.

I miss the days when Stukov had the highest melee damage per hit in the game. A smack or two would have the target hop aboard the Nope Train and head out.

1 Like

I know :slight_smile: Messing with you.

Chop Chop is still omegalul, same reason as before ā€“ no reason to pick AA build if you have to burn 1 of 2 long-cooldown abilities, both of which should be saved for when absolutely needed, to get half the buildā€™s value.

And never will be until he has more W talents (enough for an actual build) and Blaze of Glory itself is reworked or redesigned.

Holy Fervor might be competitive now, though. This change isnā€™t perfect (thereā€™s a little bit of internal anti-synergy within the talent), but it is clever and a step in the right direction.

Unrelenting Descent is now a trap talent. It looks nice, but between WotAā€™s inherent weaknesses and how unnecessary this talent will be if you do pick WotA, it still definitely isnā€™t worth it.

That will be only 150 extra damage. Old Muradin could regularly get 60-80+ stacks a game, each stack giving 4 damage. That was upwards of 240 extra damage on Q.

It remains to be seen just how much extra damage this will scale up to, but this may actually be a nerf to its damage.
At least it wonā€™t be encouraging pointless spamming of Muradinā€™s Q to stack its damage

2 Likes

It is the safer and the only AoE specialization she has so I think the needs is well deserved.

What I canā€™t believe is theyā€™d buff the Q stacking, I mean Q hits power spike at 20 but she can deal a LOT of damage with the combination of the vault refresh and frost shot.