Devs - Please return "damage taken" stat to tab screen

Have a like HOH, you bumped my post. :slight_smile:

Well with the release of the patch notes today, I’m just going to gather the damage taken stat was removed for “reasons”. Or it was never important, even though it has always been there.

2 Likes

Please return the “damage taken” stat, It is important for tanks and bruisers.

5 Likes

I expected they would address this in the latest patch, they did fix the problem with the self healing numbers. Seems they don’t care about this, they just post in fun threads.

1 Like

Just another idiotic decision that nobody asks for, nobody wants. How can people expect anything else from Blizz any more?

They take away one of the more important stats on the screen for one that a good number of heroes cannot even get 1 pt in…for what exactly? No reason whatsoever.

Furthermore, it is not even consistent. Brightwing should have quite high self heal numbers, since she is AoE and should be basically constantly getting little bits of self healing here and there…but nope. It’s only dumb things like Diablo’s attack giving healing back…Bravo

Glad I canned this game. It is more entertaining to watch it continue down the toilet called Blizz

1 Like

I highly doubt they dont care, despite my earlier cynicism, i believe they have a specific perception they are looking to affect. i dont know exactly what that is, but they surely needed to have that data categorized and displayed correctly before they can measure the effectiveness of the change.

As far as posting in fun threads, its alot easier to post in those then in one that address’s design changes for numerous reasons. I wouldn’t take it as being ignored, just continue posting your opinion as whether or not there is a response, it does get read, and if enough people speak that opinion, we may get a reddit reply :laughing:

A Reddit reply, sounds about right. :slight_smile: I don’t expect a personal blue reply, I would really just like the damage taken stat returned, or at least a reason why it was removed.

Only over the past two years of playing HOTS have I found I love playing bruisers and tanks, I found the damage taken stat useful to gauge my performance, not as a stat to stroke my ego.

Nobody knows what their reasoning is. So don’t feel bad about that.

Self healing is a marginal stat that a very large portion of the roster does not even have access to, or has such minimal values that it is wholly irrelevant (li ming shields for example).

Removing a stat that allows a measure for tank soak, seeing that assassins are taking too much damage (for several possible reasons), etc is just brain dead.

If 3 years in, they cannot develop an internal system to measure heal vs self heal then it is simply incompetence.

There is no value to changing this at all.

1 Like

I’m pleased some people still care about this. I honestly think they removed it as it showed how many assassins were positioning poorly and taking too much damage, or perhaps it’s somehow related to Deathwing’s unique mechanics.

It’s ironic, the biggest self healers are tanks and bruisers, who lost the vital damage taken stat for this, as you put it, new metric that has little value for most of the roster.

I notice again the Blue’s have been back commenting on threads such as 15 days after I posted this thread:

“What do you think of me”, by Dr. Logan, and fun threads about skins, Meme’s and Deathwing, but I guess something like this is unimportant to them.

We now have a but if a flurry of posts such as:

At least the last one is about something that isn’t personal, or Meme’s etc., but if they have time to pop in a give a one liner about such things, I would really appreciate as a tank and bruiser main they drop by and do the same here.

1 Like

You are mentioned at hots message board

I am? I hope it’s not something bad. :zipper_mouth_face:

Where?

Super bad !
Heroes message board. I can link it on phone but im tired. Was just in a reading mood tbh

1 Like

Oh what Harbinger said? He is too kind to me! Otherwise I see no mentions at least not about this topic.

hmmm this got a lot of support from players and yet not a single blue post? they’re clearly watching but no reactions perhaps they’re thinking of it? find out in the next episode of DragonBallZ!

1 Like

Ahh, I see where Harbinger asked for a reply, see told you he’s too nice. Yet no blue response. :sob:

1 Like

You should meet him in game.
Can flex every roll and is always friendly and spams gj
Blues are avoiding this thread. I personally think dmg taken backfired and endorsed toxicity and false reports

1 Like

Perhaps, but they could just return the stat for tanks and bruisers only if that is the real reason.

Where
Is
My
“Damage taken”
Thing
?

1 Like

I think that was it.
Etc why you only took 20k dmg?

Can mean something good or something bad imo

1 Like

To be fair, it can be a little misleading for tanks who rely on armor and/or mitigation for defense, as it will show less damage taken. When I play Anub’arak into a mage heavy comp, it often looks like I wasn’t taking all that much damage due to the fact that beetles will eat a bunch of the skill shots, and if you are good about timing W (and taking W talents), a ton of their damage will be negated.

So technically the “Damage Taken” stat can be misleading when you have a Garrosh on your team, compared to a Diablo.

With that said, I have always advocated for more information, rather than less, even if people cannot understand what the raw numbers mean.

3 Likes