Can't play hots on Mac OS Mojave

Hi. I install hots and want play it but I can’t because I stuck on menu and can’t click button to start playing game and in menu I can’t see heroes and choice him. Will be this game playable soon or on Mac OS Mojave I can’t play this game? I have reinstall game and that doesn’t help.

3 Likes

Welcome to the macOS support subforum, where Blizzard pretends to care about Mac users, but never resolves longstanding issues and adds new ones with virtually every major patch. Both HOTS and SC2 crash under the most-recent version of Mojave, and the beta version of the Bnet client does not resolve the issue.

(Oh, and also frequently deletes criticism to hide the aforementioned facts.)

6 Likes

Heya Koruneru,

If you’re on Beta 2 10.14.1, this is a known issue affecting all of our games right now. We’re working with apple on it. Reverting to a non beta OS should fix the problem.

Since beta operating systems introduce a large number of variables and software changes, they’re not officially supported by us, though we’ll definitely work to try to get this fixed.

I’m on official version non beta of Mojave and from last patch I can start game but it’s another problem in game I can’t move mouse.

8 Likes

Hey again Koruneru,

That’s totally my bad, I misread what you were talking about. You’re unable to see heroes - do you also not see anything when you click your profile? Have you tried anything other than reinstalling the game to try to fix this?

Hi, I would add that i have the same issue. After upgrading to Mojave(official) i cannot move the mouse(both stand alone mouse device and touchpad are not working). I made the upgrade yesterday. On High Sierra everything was working fine.
PS. Other games from blizzard(WOW, Hearthstone) are working just fine

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue on Mojave (OSX 10.14). The game loads but the mouse is unresponsive (tried the touch pad, usb mouse and a blue tooth mouse).

Any status or timeline for this issue?

5 Likes

Hi, I upgraded to Mojave too and I can no longer speak in voice chat… maybe some people are happy but I am not LOL

1 Like

hi, we still need help with our mic issue

2 Likes

Ran into the mouse issue with the latest patch (Orphea). Mouse works fine in everything but the game. Once I tab into the game, my mouse disappears and I can’t do anything.

11 Likes

Same here. The mouse broke in game after Orphea patch.

4 Likes

Same issue as above. Latest version of Mac OS Mojave V10.14.1. Latest Blizzard Patch Orphea v 40.00

Game Loads. Keyboard responsive (keyboard shortcuts work). Both trackpad and mouse (macbookpro) are unresponsive. Tried restarting / replugging mouse in / no mouse configuration. When I go home I can try to repro on my iMac.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

5 Likes

I have the same problem.
MacBook Pro 15-inch mid-2017
2.9Ghz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 560 4GB

Tried with trackpad and external (both wireless, wired, and bluetooth, MX Master 2S) Logitech mouse. Everything was working prior to Patch 40.0

1 Like

Having the same issue here. Mouse is stuck in fullscreen mode even on the menus. Only works in windowed mode.

Macbook Pro 13" (2015)
MacOS Mojave 10.14.1
Orphea Patch 40.0

2 Likes

Same here, it won’t let me play. ever since the orphia update. who do we reach out to to get this fixed?

1 Like

I fixed the problem with this:

Amazing, it must be something with security permissions on the MacOS

5 Likes

Thanks, this solved my issues after todays update.

How did you get to setting with your mouse not working in game?

4 Likes

Yeah I’m wondering the same. Keyboard shortcuts seem non-existent in game so how do I get to settings?!

1 Like

Yeah I’m wondering the same. Keyboard shortcuts seem non-existent in game so how do I get to settings?!

‘Command + M’ when in game should change it to windowed mode.

3 Likes