Can't play hots on Mac OS Mojave

Wow. Thank you so much. Shame on Blizzard for releasing an untested patch like this, that’s insane. Above fix (Mouse & Keyboard settings) works. Thanks all!

1 Like

This didn’t work for me. Anyone else still having this issue after making the change above?

2 Likes

Had to change it to Windowed full screen now it works.

1 Like

I had the same mouse issue. Here is what worked for me-
Have the Battle. net client scan and repair hots files. (Under options in the hots menu)
Then go to your system preferences, Security and Privacy, Privacy tab, go to both the automation and accessibility sub tabs and make sure hots has access to both.
After that I didn’t have the issue

2 Likes

Here is what worked for me:

1. Navigate to: System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy Tab -> Accessibility
  2. Click the lock to make changes if you need to (authenticate with admin credentials)
  3. Make sure “Heroes” is checked in the list
  4. Close System Preferences and launch the game

I did not have to scan and repair to fix the issue, I did that before, it didn’t do anything for me. Only Steps 1-3 above fixed my issue. Enjoy!

10 Likes

Same with me. Tried reinstalling, restarting, deleting temporary files. Nothing worked

1 Like

THIS! That solved it! Pin it!

1. Navigate to: System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy Tab -> Accessibility
  2. Click the lock to make changes if you need to (authenticate with admin credentials)
  3. Make sure “Heroes” is checked in the list
  4. Close System Preferences and launch the game
4 Likes
    • if its checked then re-check it.

btw cursor movement problem still didn’t solved. It moves with lags. Tried different mouses and acceleration settings with no effect.

1 Like

Same. I couldn’t move my mouse at all before. After checking the setting, the acceleration is really weird.

1 Like

Having problems to :frowning: My mouse cursor is invisible when i log on to hots after latest update :frowning:

2 Likes

Same problem here. Updated hots and I can’t move / see my mouse cursor. MacOs Mojave, mouse Razer deathadder

1 Like

Another workaround is to hit CMD+M and switch to windowed mode, where the mouse seems to work.

1 Like

Granting accessibility permissions fixed the mouse issue for me. I’m still having the mic issue others mentioned, and haven’t found a fix for that yet.

1 Like

hi there, I installed mojave too, fixed the mouse/mic problem (although the mic problem worked out by itself) I’m having a all different problem : I can not play.
-> When I launch for the first time bnet then heroes, I’m on online on the bnet app, heroes launches itself it works. Now I launch a IA game for example, it works, then it crashes. So I quit the IA game and go back to the main title. I get automatically disconnected with a message like “blizzard servers shut down or bad internet connection”. I am disconnected now even on the bnet app.

What is going on? I changed my password, confirmed my account, reinstalled bnet, heroes app.

A tip for blizzard: put back Metal support, it will give a immense performance boost with a little tweaking for Mojave. In a year, openGL is not in 10.15.x anymore probably. Would make us all happy and you already build it…

I really wonder what’s wrong with Blizzard recently… It is quite similar with WoW also. To me, Blizzard was the company that cares the Apple users most. However, I doubt about it now. After WoW BfA pre-patch, the performance has dropped significantly on the Mac side like this game…

1 Like

This solution worked for me I would advise others to use this method.