ARAM - trolls/toxic players becoming more frequent - clip

When do you say enough is enough with your team? I tried to be the better man and keep playing while a teammate made snide comments toward me early on. I was not enjoying being there due the toxic Hanzo and also being on Anduin. It was not fun healing a dude spitting insults at me constantly but I did it for the team. The only decent thing about that game was supporting our Diablo who was very good. My stats were much better than enemy healer and we were dominating most of the game.

However, near the end of the game when we should have closed things I noticed we were struggling to make progress. I suspected that the Hanzo was AFKing for a bit and the replay I put up absolutely confirms things.

During the game I called them out for doing mercs and the Hanzo began typing insults and ignoring fights completely. I could tell his ego was bruised that we pointed out his mistake. Since he mostly stopped playing and just spit insults and we were on road for a loss I just peaced out.

I’ll say it again, I absolutely can’t wait for Diablo 4. The only reason I put this up is because I care about the community and I’d rather see us both punished than have these trolls escape justice.

https://streamable.com/igdsdu

it was a decent post

and then you just haaaaad to say this

Appealing to authority always has the opposite effect of what you want. Think deeper.

It’s true and I’m not the only one going to D4 full time. Definitely don’t have time for other games if I want to rise to glory on D4.

This isn’t directed specifically to you (but this is your 10th ARAM complaint thread in as many days), but ya all need to stop taking ARAM so seriously!

I understand that for many people ARAM has become the main, or only game mode they play. This is fine, but this doesn’t change the fact that a mode that uses no MMR to match players, has a random hero select and is stripped of (most) macro mechanics is, by nature, going to be random and chaotic.

Random is stated explicitly in the very title of the mode, so embrace the chaos or continue to be annoyed by it and making complaint threads about what are, essentially, non issues.

2 Likes

This has nothing to do with the “random, chaotic nature” of ARAM. It’s about the quality of players noticably declining. It’s about right and wrong. Do you condone the Hanzo blatantly AFKing and putting down sprays during teamfights? Do you give him a pass for acting like he’s the bees knees of PvP and typing insults to his teammates while simultaneously sabotaging us? You are either with the trolls and clowns or against them, you need to decide. Just like I will decide on uninstalling on June 6th when Diablo drops (or June 1st) for me.

I’m sure your words of “encouragement” did wonders for that hanzo. I’m sure that he shaped up and never thought of afking again or doing camps when you should get core.

I’m sure “noob trap at camps” really drove it home for him and he’ll never do it again. I’m sure that he’ll straighten up his act next time.

#socialagility

1 Like

Stop getting noob trapped by mercs!

-teammates who don’t retreat from enemy core the moment all dead players resurrect when the game momentarily turns into a 4v5 with me being 30 seconds away from the frontline with someone suiciding against superior numbers before I even reach the first merc camp checkpoint.

I’m still getting the mercs, you should have met me half way.

Well, he had no manners to begin with. You can see he froze up actually and it hit home that maybe he wasn’t as smart or as skilled as he was portraying himself to be. I only put this thread up to show the usual. I’m working hard and my teammates are slackers and trolls. In Diablo 4 though I’ll get rewarded for my hard work.

Hard to say since the clip could have been taken out of context. I don’t have a full video for reference.

I simply have what you wanted me to have.

This has been explained to you many times, there is no particular “quality” of player in ARAM. This is due to there being no MMR used to match players and the fact that many player’s skill will fluctuate greatly depending on the three random heroes they are offered.

So, yes, ARAM is random and chaotic for those reasons, it’s also chaotic by design, as it’s a one lane map to brawl on and some heroes like Azmodan can thrive more than say a Valeera under those conditions.

No, I don’t condone this behavior, report them. I also don’t condone that fact that you have said numerous occasions that you alt F4 when you encounter mirror matches in ARAM.

You are taking a random mode with no MM too seriously, this mode was never meant to be anything but a goof off mode. I don’t condone anyone abusing you (report them) or going AFK (report them), but you need to lower your expectations, instead of making a new thread each time you have a bad game.

Seriously, your complaint threads are just becoming spam at this point. I personally extend to you an invitation to post in the Salt Mines.

1 Like

#socialagility

4 Likes

It seems the irony is lost in this circumstance.

I just think it’s funny that acting like a whiney 12 y/o doesn’t yield results.

I don’t respect people who can’t keep it together not only in my profession, but anything I deal with. If a grown man breaks down like a child, he’s a loser to me. I literally don’t respect the dude.

Doesn’t matter if I’m playing games or not. I’ll rip apart someone professionally if they lose it, because in my profession, that garbage has no place in healthcare.

Get it together or get out.

I realize games are not “THAT” serious but people treat it as such. And if they treat it as such, then they should be professional. And if they should be professional, whining like a 12 y/o kid is not that.

2 Likes

Well, yes, the OP is on record as being part of the “AFK” problem that they are complaining about here, so my sympathy card got lost in the mail.

2 Likes

You just have rose colored goggles then. The quality of ARAM players has ALWAYS been bad because there is no MMR. I would remember people afking all the time and people literally just moving into enemies without attack moving.

If anything, the skill level of players has gotten better over the years compared to when brawls were released as people slowly understand its own meta and have practiced with more heroes.

1 Like

I don’t really see being critical or calling people out as unprofessional. In fact, calling people out to prevent them from doing things in the future is exactly why you would do it. Ignoring it and thinking a different result will happen is the more insane thought process.

I mean I wouldn’t have said noob trapped, but what he said is so mild, and actually is actionable in terms of what not to do, compared to vague insults.

I see nothing wrong with how he conducted himself in the video. What I don’t understand is these long winded forum posts that keeps being surprised that bad people exist in ARAM, complain about AFKs and then AFKs himself.

1 Like

The Hanzo had the mechanical skill to be a decent player but was busy insulting me (from as early as level 3 actually). He didn’t like that I didn’t use my Anduin pull skill on someone in time or I took damage from Li Ming’s orbs. Anyway, he could be good but he lacked the intelligence to understand the big pictures of the game. I guess it’s all the same, a guy who has bad reaction time or little mechanical skill but understands how the field in a moba works vs a guy who has mechanical skill but no brains to assess the situation. Either way, they are both weak links.

Thanks for being objective. I was just frustrated with those 2 slowly doing mercs. Hanzo is pretending to do mercs but AFKing in first part of my clip. I’m not proud of having to insult my teammates but I was ready to alt+F4, if the Diablo (the player) was not good, I’d have left that game earlier. AFKing is also not something I’m proud of but I didn’t vote yes on 10 of the same. When it gets forced on me and it’s a hero I don’t enjoy, I just feel it’s a better investment of my time to dip.

I could definitely cut back on my posts now that Diablo 4 is coming out soon. It gets old I guess. I gotta apologize to the community for the multiple posts before I move on to the next big thing.

I said whining.

I don’t think what he said is “reportable” but it’s getting into whining territory.

Additionally, you need to read your audience. The Hanzo afking a lot is already a sign that he’s not going to take it well so saying the above is just going to set him off and cause him to go full turd when you could have just adjusted how you said what you wanted to say to make it amicable.

1 Like

Telling someone to stop mercing is I guess technically whining, but considering the Diablo echoed the statement, because you know, the Hanzo actually was literally doing nothing watching someone mercing, it’s a little weird someone would criticize tone policing words versus the actual person who is playing badly and affecting the game.

And someone afking doesn’t really have anything to do with how they’re going to take criticism. Sal did say the Hanzo was already complaining at the start for Anduin pulling, but saying something to knock if off isn’t some horrible thing. And even if they don’t take criticism well, it’s not like you’re in a great situation to begin with. I just think the idea of professionalism in a video game, and striving for whatever faux sense of “amicability” so you can be a doormat instead isn’t some virtue.