10 Duplicate Heroes are ruining ARAM - terrible feature

Just got the 10 Probius game right after a boring game where I was stuck in an unenjoyable role tanking for a team that kept throwing. Nevertheless, the game isn’t bad enough to make me not queue up again. I just wanted to get back into a match fast to see if it gave me heroes I actually like. I saw the 5 Probius and I felt this was a slap in the face and got so mad my blood pressure surely went up.

I just alt+F4ed that game before it even started after ppl were complaining on selection screen. Rather be in leaver queue than play a 1 to 3 hour boring Probius match b/c a few trolls on Reddit tricked Blizzard into thinking this was a good idea.

Logging off to go watch movie til it’s over. Will probably go to the gym where I get more enjoyment over messing with trolly ARAM modes barely anyone asked for. Please remove or make it optional!

14 Likes

A very first world problem you have on your hands.

Many people have asked on these forums and on Reddit since 2018 to bring back the chance of having all same hero in ARAM. I remember even I said I missed this feature.

So a Dev consults people on the Hots Subreddit, overwhelming people respond they want this feature to return. It returns, and on these forums the complaints are endless about something that has a 5% chance of happening.

Whatever, keep posting, and praying your demands will be heeded, until then a word from the wise and grumpy.

8 Likes

Do you have any proof of this such as a link to a poll? I just don’t buy it. The response on the forums and in-game to this change has been overwhelmingly negative. Maybe people with 13k posts who only play HOTS on the forums like it, but most don’t.

1 Like

There wasn’t a poll, it was a discussion:

5 Likes

select heroes are less enjoyable to mirror completely: lunaranand probiuw among them imo.

Some posters seem against any same-hero match, but 3 people looping the same complaint doesn’t seem to compare to the easily-found positive reception on reddit.

However, reddit is also a terrible archive and may not map well to dissenting opinions, so it can be harder to find disagreement if it’s outnumbered

3 Likes

A few posters circling the complains is far from overwhelming.

But I understand it could feel that way if you ignore the many more ppl supporting it, and even outright dismissing a few selected.

Put yourself together.

1 Like

Look, I read the reddit thread. That was not some official consensus. I didn’t want to bring this up because I’m a gentleman but those people were all over the place and just babbling. If you actually read it (rather than link it), dudes are on there admitting they don’t even like HOTS and they “AFK when someone picks a Diablo or Chen over Johanna”. What nonsense is this?

So now we are glorifying the opinions of players who don’t like the game or should basically be banned from HOTS for AFKing b/c some of them wanted Crazy Mode. Like I said, I read that reddit thread and most of them were just babbling about nonsense not even related to the 10 hero thing. Hardly a consensus.

I’ve seen barely any support for crazy mode on the forums, just someone linking a 3 hour Probius match where 4 out of 10 of the players quit resulting in an AI heavy game. Yea…this game mode was sooo wanted.

I’ll continue to alt+f4 as well because I win in leaver’s queue in < 30 minutes and the players there are very reasonable now since most of them are probably there for alt+f4ing Crazy Mode games.

4 Likes

I agree with all of that, Reddit is a good aggregator, but often less useful for discussion, let alone gauging a true consensus of any issues. The trouble is, this particular “issue” is being blown out of all proportion. It’s like a “Remove Blackheart’s Bay” threads, but on steroids.

A player has far more chance of encountering a map they don’t like in QM, than being assigned ARAM full mirror matches. Those saying they will “leave” any mirror match, very much echo those who hate BHB and say they leave each time that map appears.

This issue is essentially one of personal taste, and quite a niche and superficial one at that. This isn’t a game breaking bug, or a constant QOL issue, it’s a random thing that can happen in a random mode.

The Dev(s) can’t cater to individual personal taste, this change hasn’t broken ARAM or Hots, but I’m not surprised to read the complaints. So many people think MMR is used to match people in ARAM and also complain people can’t play heroes perfectly in a mode that has a 3 random hero shuffle pick.

Many of them are “all over the place”. There are several discussion chains that go around, but many request several things: modifying the warrior role, adding in the “small chance of same hero” and a couple of other things. Of the things commonly suggested, and easier to implement, those changes were made. Congrats, a medium asking for feedback got some feedback, and other topics since seem to reaffirm some of the positive reception to the change.

People say the devs “don’t listen” and time and again, when an outlet presents itself and feedback comes, they make some changes.

If all feedback was filtered through some magical play/not play metric, then your own opinion would be as disqualified as the ones you’re trying to bemoan.

People asked for change, change came. Time will pass, and more change can happen.

2 Likes

this game mode is absolutely trash - its never fun.

1 Like

Sometimes you need to make your own fun. I don’t like all mirror games, but it’s now only happened to me 5 times in more games than I can recall. You still have QM if you want to avoid any mirror match games.

I like the game and I never afk.
I wanted this to return ever since Brawls got removed for Aram.
All the same is still random, thus we got closer to a true Aram.
And there’s no change that makes afks and trolls turning to good. They’re the badguys on purpose, not revolutionaly victims rebelling. No one should let “terrorist” (do what I want or I do sonething bad) get what they want.

2 Likes

All the same was never a type of ARAM mode if we are going historically with games that invented ARAM prior to this one. True ARAM was just everyone on the team rolls their own random hero with no alternate picks for them. I would respect that mode more than this all of the same thing.

It’s not wrong to alt+F4 this mode since it is obviously something a lot of people don’t want. It can be easily fixed by them just making another play mode “All the Same” or “Crazy Mode”. That’s the solution, everyone is accomodated. People who like this mode don’t want it separated though because they KNOW it isn’t well received and liked. They KNOW their queue times will be longer. They want to force their unfavorable condiitons on me but I’ll alt+f4 out of that so fast man.

It’s not like I struggle at all the same. In fact, I easily MVPed in this mode when I got a hero who I played before and is decent (Junkrat). If you give me stuff like Probius, Alarak or a bunch of other ones I disslike to play or that lead to long boring games, especially healers, I will alt+f4. That’s the bottom line so either separate it or enjoy playing vs bots and I’ll enjoy my leaver queue games where the games have traditionally gone smooth with 10-15 minute wins and only < 5 min queue time.

1 Like

It is. No argument. You ruin the game for the others, you break the rules.
But I guess it’s rather pointless to try to reason with this kind of mental gymnastics…

since they ruined the game by forcing this stupid mode I have no issue ruining the game by alt 4ing.

2 Likes

Amen brother. I had to do it last night and then edned up in leaver’s queue. To get out of leaver’s queue I got to play ARAM as Azmodan in a competitive match while occasionally using my voice line “From WAY down town!”. One non-toxic 16 minute match to escape leaver’s queue, what’s the big deal? Def been paying off leaving those 10 of the same rather than playing em out.

Question though, if you get a bad match in leaver queue with trolls/leavers, is there really any penalty for leaving again until you get a decent match? Luckily I’m like 5-0 in leaver’s queue this year with no long drawn out games.

1 Like

No you didn’t. You chose to. Yeah, you got in leaver’s queue and got out really easy. Good for you. It’s a pity you don’t think about your teammates who had to work with a bot.

5 Likes

Wait, people use ARAM to actually play? I thought it was just there to farm to new accounts to level 50.

alt+f4
I don’t like it at all.
next

1 Like

I love the folks saying that everyone wanted this change and their evidence is a subreddit lmao. News flash: there are more people that play this game that don’t even look at r/heroesofthestorm vs those that do.

Even if the majority of people really wanted this why ruin ARAM with it? Bring back Heroes Brawl and stick it in there.

1 Like