After the Last Patch, cannot open game on MAC

Any new on when this will be solved?

1 Like

Anyone on here having any success? I assume we just have to wait for a patch fix or something. Pretty bummer deal

2 Likes

All macs are not working, yep a real bummer especially when we don’t get any replies :frowning:

7 Likes

Couple of my friends on OSX are not having any issue with the new patch, but it still persists for me. In the meantime, I’m bootcamping a win10 -_-

Man, right when I got some free time the last couple days :cry: Looking forward to an update!

5 Likes

+1. Waiting for a fix.

7 Likes

Same problem. Game will not open after newest patch.

Yep, sent an email yesterday with my system files and still no answer.

1 Like

Is a refund possible for all the gems and real money purchases since the game is unplayable?

4 Likes

Yes! Thank you dcoke!

1 Like

Ah, nothing yet. Oh well, can’t play today either. OSX version is 10.11.6 by the way.

Having the same problem. 10.13.6

I just want to play :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: help a brother out Mr. Blizz

5 Likes

Yes I am having the same problem as well. Currently running MacOS 10.14.3 with all permissions granted.

So, is there a plan here? I’m sure you guys are working on it, but it’s frustrating that we’re not getting any information

3 Likes

Maybe the Mac crew got laid off yesterday?

2 Likes

Things are probably really rough over at Blizzard right now. Media is reporting lots of lay-offs (they’re calling it a bloodbath). Unclear how the HOTS team is being affected. If you’re losing your job (or your friends or co-workers), this hotfix isn’t probably going to be a priority unfortunately. Hope the employees aren’t having it too rough, and I wish the best for them.

That said, theoretically, I would think it’s not an OS issue, although I’m not a computer person. If it was an OS issue, then the older versions should have no problems, but from this thread it seems like it doesn’t matter if it’s an old OS or the most recent OS. Also if it was the OS, the problem would have started after an apple update, not after a patch update. So my guess is probably there is some programming glitch in the new patch.

Deleted “variables.txt” and got through one game without it crashing. Doing so, however, changed some graphics in game without actually changing graphics settings. Text and health bars are looking chunkier. Anyone know what that’s about?

EDIT: 3rd game back to crashing.

I also have this issue, I’ve emailed blizzard with the extra info. I hope there is still someone looking into this game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same problem. Any updates here?

1 Like