After the Last Patch, cannot open game on MAC

I am running an an iMac late 2015 model which is running High Sierra ver 10.13.6. Since the new patch the game just immediately crashes upon trying to open it. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck. It was crashing before I updated my OS and even after the update it still wont open. Please advise

2 Likes

Same problem here. Help us!

Same problem here. New MBP, macOS Mojave. Last patch causes immediate crash upon launch.

Same problem really hoping for an update/fix. Looking forward to new skins and playing (usually nightly).

Can we expect a fix before friday? Couldn’t play for 2 weeks due to work, and my only free weekend can’t play cause of patch T.T

We have yet to even get a response, hopefully it is ready before friday…

Same problem, hoping for a response or fix soon!

Can we at least get something like a “were working on it”? Meanwhile my “boost” which I bought for real money is ticking away…

2 Likes

it’s extremely frustrating not being able to play for days and not listening a “we’re working on it” and even a “We have no deadline to solve the problem”, the feeling is that mac users are abandoned.

3 Likes

Pretty sure there’s no one to work the forums right now. That’s what it looks like. Seems like the best bet is messaging @BlizzardCS on Twitter. Ton of layoffs, re-structuring, etc. Not sure when/if this will be resolved.

Thread says its fixed, but definitely not fixed at the moment. :frowning:

it’s valentines and my HOS virtual gf is waiting for me.
my life is over

2 Likes

Hey! Also same issue, Mac Mojave 10.13.4. and last patch. tried everything suggested. Still nothing.
However, I did not find the variables.txt file…

According to @BlizzardCS twitter

“The issue is being worked on, however, we don’t have an ETA for a resolution.”

2 Likes

Hey folks,

We’re still investigating this but having a hard time reproducing it on our macs. For those of you affected, can you post your machine’s specs, and let us know if launching the game in windowed mode helps?

1. Open the Blizzard Battle.net Application
  2. Click the Options cogwheel above the news river and choose Settings
  3. Scroll down to Heroes of the Storm and click the Additional Command Line Arguments toggle
  4. Enter this into the blank
    -Displaymode 0
  5. Click Done and attempt to re launch

First of all thanks for your replay!

My specs: MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderboltports
2,3 ghz Intel Core i5
8 gigs RAM / LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

I also tried your command line, as I am from Austria - I don’t need to translate that command line in German or? I am normally playing in full screen mode on settings “high”.
As I mentioned, I tried this line in English, once with the “-” and another attempt without ( I wasn’t quite sure which is right) - still shut’s down… :frowning:

Edit: Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3

Sadly this did not work, still crashes :frowning:

1 Like

No change using windowed mode
Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109)

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 220.240.2.0.0 (iBridge: 16.16.3133.0.0,0)
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

@Drakuloth: maybe it is linked to the new OS update which came out a few days ago? maybe something in this version is blocking your new update? because I never had any problems starting HotS, even with my 2010 Mac Air…

Edit: Yep, definitiv the connectivity between those two updates (blizz/apple) - I just did the HotS update on the air and voila! Game startes, I am in the menu and could start a game there.
Specs or rather the OS version : Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

1 Like

Thanks for the Reply,

Unfortunately launching the game in windowed mode still crashed the game, my mac specs:

macOS Mojave 10.14.3,
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), 2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB