You got your wish

Warlock is going to be nerfed into the ground. All we get is this feelsbadman crap and everyone hates playing against it. Some of us don’t even like playing it. I feel like a mage player here. Hey, @Mallenroh.

I’m being facetious partly because part of me, as a warlock player, feels this way. Part of me feels like, I am sick of this meta and want to see change. I’m really stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one. It is like we are not allowed to be competitive sometimes. (This is a standard commentary.) The best we get is this garbage, that feels terrible to play against. From Tickatus to this.

I just want to play some big, beautiful wom… demons. Big, beautiful demons.

11 Likes

I don’t what’s your problem Ayala said balance are mostly done on players feeling. Not on how good a deck is.

Shaman next?

(post must be 20 characters)

I suppose part of my problem is I’m not sure that most changes should be done on the basis of feelings. This is why I wasn’t entirely behind nerfing mage into the ground, either.

Um, for me, probably gonna use Handbuff Paladin to climb. If you mean what’s next for nerfs, you’re probably right.

“Competitive”? Warlock is absolutely insane and only thing countering him properly is OTK DH and Mage. That is kind of it.

That is coming from player, who is playing warlock and it is insane. Losing sometimes to aggro, but you have enough healing and removal to usually win.

I feel like even if they nerf 5 cards, there are another 5 waiting.

2 Likes

Weapon/poison rogue is good into warlock also. Although, more are running Viper lately. But yeah, Warlock is insane: great single target removal, great AoE, great draw, great healing, big minion threats, and inevitably the longer the game goes.

1 Like

Well yeah, but you dont often run into rogues - both OTK and poison counter you (similarly to DH and Mage), but you can deal with poison by viper (must have for mirror and 1 mana draw 1) and by taunts+constant healing.

I hear ya. My fear is, and what I meant is, we won’t be competitive anymore.

Also, you run Viper in warlock?

Imagine buffing “deck of chaos” and “willow”, but then the only good demon is enhanced dreadlords :joy:

Seriously, does anyone play any other big demon besides dreadlords?
Is Willow supposed to have “battlecry: summon enhanced dreadlord”? I don’t get it.

This always happens; when they nerfed paladin, it took many patches to remove it from the ladder.
Imo: if a deck is good, let it be good;
if a deck is bad, buff it;
if a deck is broken nerf it;
if a deck isn’t played besides having potential, make new cards in the next expansion.

Nerfing the same class 3-4 times because one deck is too strong, but avoinding nerfing the problematic card is ridicoulus.
Flesh giant at 8 mana has never been a problem before stormwind; it wasn’t even played during the “soul shards” warlock period.
If now they are nerfing more stuff, without actually adressing the quest problem, nothing will change:

1. the deck will still be broken for “slow control do nothing” decks
  2. the deck may become not competitive, so people on ladder won’t face it, but it will remain broken once the quest is complete

I don’t care about how competitive a deck is, but if it’s playable or not.
I hope these nerfs won’t kill non-quest warlocks.

2 Likes

Handlock will still be a thing, but, just less viable, probably.

1 Like

And Mo’arg Forgefiend, for willow

2 Likes

Oooh, you’ve got me thinking. Lemme try and incorporate him (or her?) into a big warlock deck.

Oh right, that’s a demon! I’ve probably never paid attention to its tag :man_facepalming:

Something more active than taunt (maybe rush) would be welcome though

1 Like

I do and I keep it in hand against warlock… :smiley: That is the primary target for me. Sometimes you get surprising use vs shaman with doomhammer, sometimes vs rogue, hunter…

Don’t forget Demon Hunter with Lion’s Frenzy! :smiley:

I used it against Lions frenzy once in like 10-15 matches I met DH, usually DH seems to be lifesteal OTK or DR. But sometimes destroying 1/1 weapon slows down the quest by 1 turn as well.

1 Like

Oh, that reminds me! Check out this insane match I had yesterday against a Lifesteal OTK Demon Hunter. I didn’t even know they were still being played.

If the change is Mithril to 4 mana, I still think Quest Warlock is very strong. It’s really a question of whether and how much they touch Quest itself. Alec said mixture of medium to small changes, but if the Quest is banned in Wild, I’d guess the quest just gets a small change.

Mage haters can rejoice if both Quest Warlock and Quest Shaman take a beating. That means its only two strong matches may see a dip in play.

The thing is, I don’t think it will matter much. Warlock will not be top deck anymore, but something just as nauseating will take it’s place.
The Quests are garbage and Team 5 should just admit it’s mistake.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why they don’t look at Hearthstone’s history and pick what decks were the best from an enjoyable point of view AND powerlevel.
Let’s take for example DK Warlock. The deck was strong for years, it cheated minions early, it could win hard against slow control and alot of times was able to survive against aggro, yet there were very few people complaining about the deck.
I can give such an example for every class. I know sometimes it’s cool to have new playstyles and come with creative ideas, but they can do it without going too far from the main playstyle that people enjoyed.
I mean seriously, who thought it would be fun to take your opponent’s damage? Or have a spam of discover by(priest/mage/rogue)? Or to see your deck being discarded?
Sometimes I feel like Team 5 has alot of hard avangardist artists.

1 Like