Well so much for warlock quest line stupid now

I kinda think the additional 3 damage should have been added to the last step, but honestly I think mainly what this does is force Warlock players to slow the hell down and make sure they’re not just rushing to kill themselves to win the game asap.

I’m sure the questline will be back in like 3 weeks with something degenerate and silly.

You shouldn’t care bronze boi, let himnspeak

It does nothing for control vs warlock to save the match, but it does enough for aggro to eat it a tiny bit better. But Stormwind control is already a dead archetype anyways.

You can’t have a deck that literally loses like 80% of all matchups 60-80% of the time, and wins it’s best matchups only 45-55% of a time, and have it add up to a 50% winrate. A deck that matchups up against 10 people. loses against 7/8 of the first 8 with 1 W 7 L, needs to win 6 times against the last 2 players to have a 50% winrate. Obviously, that doesn’t add up.

It just doesn’t work. A deck that loses to everything and ties to it’s best matchup isn’t a good deck. But any control deck that beats a 50 50 winrate with aggro get’s it’s recovery nerf for ‘being frusterating to aggro’.

To the point defensive aggro decks have better 70% winrates against face hunters (like aggro taunt druid) than 45-55% control warrior and control deck winrates against face hunter and other aggro decks lmao.

It still helps control, though. Even if it’s not as much. This means they don’t get that first free healing spike until turn 4-5 instead of turn 3, say. And then the second healing spike even later.

I mean half the point to this was to force control decks to actually run an early game of SOME kind. Some minions, some proactivity. I haven’t really had any luck with it, but I don’t even have a template to work from and the meta’s actually pretty diverse so it’s hard to put something together that works in some match ups.

If you knew what was happening outside of Bronze, you’d know that Quest Handlock is still maintaining a lower Tier 2 status from Diamond through Legend.

2 Likes

The truth is that the deck isn’t really effected by any of the changes. They could literally make it 10 damage each step and it would still be played and powerful. The fatigue damage is way to powerful for a game like this. You simply cannot remove basic game mechanics and hope it’s balanced.

Ignite? Jade Idol? Hello? xd

That isn’t the truth either, though.

The deck was slowed down enough that its performance has absolutely been taken down a solid notch or two, but not so much as to be rendered unplayable.

Folks, there’s a whole spectrum of power between busted and unplayable.

It’s still played at high legend and has a high win rate. You can think it doesn’t but it’s right there being played and still proving to be a power house deck.

I fear you’re wrong. By the time the Warlock reaches fatigue, they are dead; they do not reach fatigue is the point.

1 Like

Yes Ignite is just as unbalanced and warping and Idols were just as warping. If we remember the time when idols dominated along with a certain druid 10 cost card was not a fun time to play the game.

I don’t know what to tell you. I am playing in the legend 300-400 ranks and i am playing my Warlock(Modified) and i have a 52% win rate currently since the nerfs. I mean it’s not some ridiculous 60+% win rate but that should never happen. Nothing seems different in each matchup from before the nerfs.

If the entire meta became garrote rogue though yeah i would stop playing any warlock at all. That deck is way too powerful currently and players are all getting better at playing it correctly. Mage can be handled unless they get the flows early. Again though if they do that their win rate goes to almost guaranteed against any opponent.

But you were talking about fatigue, and your deck doesn’t aim to reach that.

Yes it does. I am playing a deck that turbos right to quest end condition and fatigue damages the opponent. I’m not playing all those big minions with battlemasters and such.

And you are against this capability to reflect fatigue? Even though you say your win-rate is only about 52%? No offense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes i am against this mechanic but there’s so little variety you can play at high legend you kind of have to play what is working. I switch between that deck and Quest Hunter. :slightly_smiling_face: I would much rather play a Warrior deck or maybe even a mid range. I really like the Pirate quest but it needs more support to close out games.

I am against the Demon Seed mostly because it pushes entire deck archetypes out of the game due to it’s ability to evade the fatigue mechanic.

1 Like

Is it still, though? I am seeing a lot of variety in D5. I’m able to play Big Warrior fairly competitively. I need to get better; I cannot blame many of my losses on the deck itself.

Hey, @Dallaen, I respect your opinion and you’re probably a helluva lot more experienced than me, right? Could you please share your decklist? I have a Handlock but it seems like it’s lacking. I’d like to see what tweaks you made.

I can see that working at that rank if there’s enough variety or the opposite and you can hard target the most numerous decks in those ranks. I just rarely ever see Warrior at the ranks i am playing outside of the occasional hybrid pirate decks.

1 Like

I heard it’s hard to look it up :see_no_evil: