Kind off sad that the current community manager responds to a post which contained just a joke but shows no interest in other posts.
Let me guess: If they do answer our questions in AMA, is it gonna be another “we are working on it, but we have no information currently to provide” ?
I hope that you didn’t forget about posting a question about her in the AMA post!
This year there’s not a Hero tied to the Year of the Dragon rotation, but I’d be shocked if we didn’t have some awesome Heroes lined up over the course of the year!
Although not directly related to Tyrande, but well…
Just another dismissive answer. The fact that they let people go all year thinking they would honor the yearly hero ritual, and then they sneak this semi important announcement into a Reddit AMA and let people find out that way.
Well, we were “shocked” they let the year of the mammoth promise go without a single word on why they didn’t return so much as a single card back to the game for us…but here we are. The fact the answer was as vague an evasive as ever only shows they aren’t giving this the attention they deserves…especially considering that not even one question related to Tyande got picked.
…total coincidence, I’m sure.
Like the old saying goes: show, don’t tell.
There were questions about Tyrande but they did not answer them. I’m guessing we probably won’t see her this year.
They obviously aren’t worried about it and Think that they have all the time in the world to release this stuff but that might not be the case forever.
I like hearthstone but I don’t like their customer service, and hearthstone has been quite successful and yet they haven’t really updated the infrastructure of it to reflect that success… the success that we who support hearthstone with money have paid for.
People who have played this game since the beginning and have bought into it with time and money are really upset that they have financially supported this game for so long and none of that money goes back into truly improving the game… just the appearance of improvement.
They say this next year will be about upgrading, but we will see if they make any real progress or just more empty gestures designed to make the player base FEEL like real progress is taking place, when in reality there is no actual progress taking place.
If you read their answers in this last Reddit AMA though, it unfortunately just looks like more of the same.
I mean the whole tournament mode debacle is one among many examples of this, among others (the Tyrande issue isn’t the only overhyped train wreck we hearthstone players have had to endure). They claim it wasn’t up to snuff, but rather than taking the time to make it right…they just scrap the whole thing and claim it’s done. Without so much as a single screenshot, or a peep about what was so “terrible” about it (aside from the usual vague excuses) and then it’s the usual change of subject.
They pivot faster than a politician caught in a scandal. All the obfuscation, distraction, and non answers are getting old.
I read through some of the AMA posts and none of the year-long questions were answered: auto squelch, Tyrande, wild packs, tournament modes… It was just devs making extremely vague answers. Disappointing yet expected.
On a side note, I noticed an interesting dev comment alluding to a new female warrior hero coming up soon.
Again, despite the fact that there’s been no official Blizzard response on this for years, we shall not falter. As long as Tyrande remains locked, we will persist until the end.
Yeah, the big “ask us anything” was more like “ask us anything that doesn’t require us to give any real answers, or anything that requires us to commit to actually following through on our long standing promises we haven’t bothered to keep yet.”
…but they’ll still high five each other on how “great” they “communicated” with the playerbase.
…and yet, can’t figure out why the metrics keep falling.
Pretty sure this topic will also outlive the most recent CM on these forums.
I was lucky enough to have a friend from USA gift me the code. As a priest main I’d be pretty sad with only anduin hero.
p.s Tyrande owns.
Blizzard done goofed with Tyrande.
For those who do not know the whole story behind this, here is a timeline I made:
- Blizzard announced Tyrande as a new priest hero.
April 27th 2016
- Year of the Kraken started, marking the debut of the Standard Year. Followed by the release of Whispers of the Old Gods expansion.
September 30th 2016 - November 5th 2016
- Tyrande was made available in countries with Twitch Prime. Meanwhile Blizzard announced they will find more ways to unlock her for people who did not live in the aforementioned countries.*
November 17th 2016 - December 31st 2016
- Tyrande was made available in China via WeChat account subscription.
January 25th 2017 - February 10th 2017
- Tyrande was made available in Southeast Asia countries through a card pack purchase promotion.
April 6th 2017
- The Year of the Kraken ended. Followed by the Year of the Mammoth and the release of Journey to Un’goro expansion.
- Yong Woo confirmed that they will make her available again in the Year of the Mammoth (April 6th 2017 - April 12th 2018) in the form of a tweet reply.
July 14th 2017
- Ben Brode confirmed that they are still working on this issue in a reddit AMA.
November 9th 2017
- The thread Tyrande, oh where oh where was created on Hearthstone forum.
- Community Manager confirmed that this is still in the works.
January 2018 - February 2018
- Twitch Prime promotion. No Tyrande.
April 12th 2018
- The Year of the Mammoth ended. Followed by the Year of the Raven and the release of The Witchwood expansion. Tyrande was not made available in that year.
April 20th 2018
- Shortly after the Hearthstone new year, Ben Brode left T5 and Blizzard.
- T5 confirmed that Tyrande will return in the future in a Tavern Talk, but they could not announce a date because “it is not set in stone”. The reasoning behind this is still a myth to this day.
July 22nd 2018
- Community Manager’s last reply in the Tyrande, oh where oh where thread.
- Yong Woo left T5 and Blizzard.
November 2nd 2018 - November 3rd 2018
- BlizzCon 2018, no news on Tyrande.
March 11th 2019
- Today. 5th anniversary of Hearthstone. No news whatsoever.
I’m not 100% sure on dates or events. Feel free to tell me if there are mistakes or if you have something to add.
That’s a pretty impressive and sad recap at the same time.
Hey everyone! It’s good to see you all, I’ve just gotten here.
I’m sad to see the old Tyrande thread go away, it was around for so long.
Let’s make this a good one too yeah!
**After reading through some timelines and recaps: we should all probably try to be more mindful of the human side of all of this. The people leaving Blizzard, and the people Blizzard asked to leave, are all still people; it’s kind of clear that something is going on over there.
I’m just saying let’s keep diplomacy in mind.
this answer should be up with the first answer…
great job on the exact dates.
I’m just hoping to keep this thread alive until we can either A.) get a concrete answer on the subject or B.) see an announcement soon that shes returning with the new year of the dragon launches.
A) would be relatively more likely to happen and B) would be the dream.
Although at this moment the probability of either events happening is approximately - 0.