TONS of Balance changes coming (Standard and BGs)

Yes Scrotie, I have a suspicion that it is directly and closely related to the intelligence level of the quoted poster. That Troll doesn´t even deserve your attention. He is like annoying fly, just ignore him…

Hey, they buffed Spinal Tap, the Hearthstone card (aka Climactic Necrotic Explosion).

Unfortunately, not in a way that matters. May as well be unchanged.

1 Like

I’m not even sure what they did qualifies as a “Buff”. Honestly a good 75% of all of the changes are basically pointless.

1 Like

The sludge changes are weird (and glitched, fyi, they don’t deal 4 to minions in certain situations). They made it much more of a combo deck by increasing the price of the sludge. It’s really kind of a nerf, because the things hit low health first, the extra damage doesn’t matter as much as the increased cost.

1 Like

Pretty poor changes paladin continues to get preferential treatment still, game is still not worth playing. Basically no changes to sif mage too just unreal. This team is clueless

1 Like

I’m often perplexed by what seem to be unnecessary and undemanded adjustments. Has anyone been asking for buffs to sludge? I don’t see these changes changing anything about it. Then there’s paladin changes so slight, I’d be surprised to see even a nudge in its performance.

1 Like

Yea, anecdotally I’m seeing very little effect from the prismatic AOE nerf. It seems to be now costing Paladins 1 mana on average to clear to the board, whereas before it cost them zero. Hmm… can anyone see something wrong with that?

I think the sludge buffs are actually interesting. A lot of people are harping on the fact that they increased the cost, but the they also increased the damage. I think what they want to see is the sludge warlock to utilize the free-casting effect, thereby increasing to 4-mana + extra damage is actually a big buff.

The problem is they still haven’t nerfed paladin enough to give most other decks breathing space to fight for the board.

2 Likes

Devs on not nerfing other pally cards:

“There are other potential targets that we looked at, but they were cards that were more in line with what we want the class strengths to be.”

Repeat for emphasis: the cards were “more in line with what we want the class strengths to be”

So yeah. It’s official

Devs like paladins curving out 1-2-3
Devs like how they could go from 1/1 to 14/14 if you leave a minion alive
Devs like (to) boogie down
Devs like divine shields
Devs like how the lifesteal aura applies to battlecries (e.g asta)… though to be fair, the DH titan does too so really pally is copying DH here lol

Ueah prismatic needs to cost at least 9 to be more of a control tool for slower paladin decks not a tempo.tool for aggro decks.

Don’t be so sure Paladin simp. If they still be broken after these nerfs they can nerf the aoe bulllcrap again.

How/Why am I called a simp?

I didn’t say I like paladins.

I said the DEVS like paladins. If anything I’m pointing out that the devs admit to liking paladins the way they are, and then listing all the things people find OP.

You’re behaving like extremely partisan people in politics bro. It’s like if somebody doesn’t say the exact thing you want to hear, you declare them to must be on the other side. Over a video game. lol

I strongly disagree. The Bach nerf makes me sad, because the old Bach comps made me happy.

I really don’t like this attitude, either.

You said that Paladin is the normal class, and every other class is less than normal. As if Paladin is in tune with the core design of the game, such that to love Hearthstone is to love what Paladin does.

Seems to me that you said that you should like Paladins, and if you don’t that’d be a mistake.

Only in the sense of their play style.

No I did not. I only call paladins normal in the sense of their play style, not power level, so there is no “lesser” or “greater” play style. What is the lesser or greater play style is your own personal preference. If you like spells, mage is not lesser than paladin. If you like combos, go rogue. Ramping, go druid, etc.

Another word I’d use instead of normal is “basic”, or even simple. People would often use less flattering term of “boring”. I’m not calling paladins normal as if that’s a good thing. I will however accept their play style as just another one in the game, like how mages have their spell focused play style or druids have their ramp etc

Love has nothing to do with it. Previously I was responding to why paladins do so well.

Nobody is saying you have to like their playstyle or “should” like them, but the fact still remains that their play style is the most straight forward way to win in HS. Hence paladins historically win the most.

To each their own! We all march to the beat of a different drummer! You don’t have to like it snd that’s okay! My father likes olives. Loves them in fact. I think they’re disgusting and reek of poverty and stale urine. I don’t have to like them for him to enjoy them though!
It’s the same reason I’d never play shudderwock. Just makes me feel like a reprobate. Don’t know why. Just does.

1 Like

Yes you did.

But keep backpedalling, it’s cute.

omg olives are DELICIOUS. Green and black.

I’m one of those weirdos who will even drink the olive juice. (green only!)

2 Likes

Deviate from the norm doesn’t mean it’s “lesser” or “greater”

Way to misinterpret people’s words trying to find “gotcha”

You might recognize as a difference, but I don’t. Deviate from normal, less than normal, whatever, I don’t care. They mean the same thing.