TONS of Balance changes coming (Standard and BGs)

Anyone else find it funny (not really) that the last 2 cards we’ve seen that have gotten a flat out ban, Tony, Jailer, and now Pyrotechnician have all been because of Druid?

2 Likes

I’ll believe the balance when it actually happens.

Until then, looking at that photo…it’s more likely they’re going to try and make a digital “hearthstone pogs” mode a thing, complete with a $500 dollar ultra mega titanium pre order bundle they’ll try and sell people, only to pull the rug out on everyone who buys it like they did with mercstone.

The card already provides a ton of healing. Lifesteal wouldn’t… do much. Rush does a lot, but I think it does too much. It’s just a sledgehammer card at that point.

If they want the card to be more effective as the top end of a midrange deck it needs to be cheaper, if they want it to be a game ender, they should combine the stats so it scales faster, if they give the minions rush it just becomes another stall card IMO. Which isn’t the purpose of the card.

Cramer, you seem more a troll these days

I like to see they are buffing the “Undead Buffs DRs” build. I’ve actually seen a good amount of success lately with QBs, so I’m curious how strong these buffs will be; BristleBach will definitely go to Avenge (2). Also looks like scammy stuff is getting nerfed a lot. Hawkstrider/Rhylak will still be strong combo, let alone anything paired with Hawkstrider; surprised Hawk wasn’t even on the list in any way given its power level.

Beasts will still be brainless OP

2 Likes

If you ask me the only way to play them is: Tough Tusk (with Taunt), Bristlebach, and a bunch of stuff from other tribes. I mean, you need a gem a turn on Tusk so 3 quillboar total, then the other 4 cards are stuff like Handless or Mech Horse.

1 Like

Making a bunch of large minions on board, hitting face, healing some, AND having a board clear built in because they have rush is a way you finish games though.

It’s what Marrowgar does, but with a hit to face.

The card’s biggest weakness is that you have to use it strictly as the kill card because the minions are irrelevant when they do nothing on play, so you just hand your opponent the initiative and let them do whatever they want with whatever board they have.

CNE doesn’t need to be pushed to almost passively full heal you while being face damage and a board wipe of rush minions.

The minions just need rush.

That’s just because you haven’t been graced by one of his attacks, as so many have. Like someone who got blasted for asking him how he didn’t know what a highlander deck was at this point in the game.

I can see adding lifesteal in some situations, but it has to make sense. Like an initial damage burst, a deathrattle damage, etc. But otherwise I agree completely it’s just plain overkill and adding lifesteal wouldn’t really matter.

Again, a whole lot of speculation about what is likely the pre launch of “hearthstone pogs!”

; )

I agree with the Felfin removal. It always feels bad to play and unless I need a battle cry, even if I have murlocs, it isn’t a good purchase.

Be good to see bristle Bach nerfed. The scaling it does is beyond broken and is used in conjunction with mecha horse to scam out wins.

2 Likes

Have freakishly massive Elementals/Dragons/Demons.

Still lose to two Divine Shield taunts and Bristlebach preceded by 2 mecha horses and two other undead or mech token spawners.

Good riddance to that.

2 Likes

Agree. I’ve used it quite a few times and so has my wife. It feels bad to play against, but in all honesty, it feels worse to actually play. I don’t like using comps that make me feel like I’m a giant pos scumbag, and that one does. A lot of them do actually.

Ah. That stage of the Paladin cycle

Staff of the nine 0/1 frogs. Now that’s a nerf!

Btw, when is this patch live?

1 Like

I could see staff going to 1 damage per swing. This makes it much weaker at controlling early boards while it scales up. Reducing its immediate impact has to be the goal of the nerf given its insane mulligan win rate and I think this is the best way to approach that.

3 Likes

what if they buff the starting numbers (5 damage is too low)

or making it so both minions stats increase with 1 corpse the card would be a lot better if the corpses didnt have to be split randomly between 4 “stats”

I’ve never used the Bristlebach comp in question despite having a few chances to run it. I’m not a fan of it either.

I don’t play Beasts nor Undead, tho, I’m hoping these upcoming buffs to some new Undead cards make the DR Buff cards better and give us a new build to run more successfully.

1 Like

Really hopeful for Undead. The new strategy of killing your minions on your turn for permanent buffs is really cool. I’m not an expert by any means, but I can’t figure out if Kel’thuzad is too weak (he’s mandatory for Undead to function, which means they don’t even “start the game” until they get a tier 6 minion) or too strong (once he starts activating he snowballs).

This was the case before the big minion shake up. Then we had the +1 attack Avenge minion and turned it all into a boring token game, especially when paired with the friggin’ literal nightmare from T7.

Ok, I’m answering myself. Paladin nerfs are really…

Patch notes are out. I’m super confused by some of the BG changes. It looks like they are buffing beasts by a lot? Are beasts just not as good in super high level lobbies? I’m working my way up to 7k right now and beasts are generally nuts. The dragon nerfs look ok though.

This is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read.

2 Likes