TONS of Balance changes coming (Standard and BGs)

Not going face now for the damage is actually a pretty big deal as well. At 9 i think the card is a bit awkward. 8 seems about the right cost so it cannot be free for filling the board.

I dunno we will see but I have a feeling Paladin will require another round of nerfs.

Nearly a full day later and lame trolling at a joke is the best you could do.

And scrot should have waited just a post more, because someone who canā€™t her own advice continues her harassment campaign.

But apparently you both thought the company scamming everyone on mercstone was ok.

Itā€™s one of those patches where they shuffled the chairs, and then their supporters will complain because no one cheered for yet another patch where not much really changed.

At least they didnā€™t buff pally. Thatā€™s something.

That was bad, even for a scrot post.

I didnā€™t see ā€œlessā€ in that quote (better go looking for your ā€œMUH TEGRIDYā€ screed again). I realize you may not math, but you do realize that deviations from the norm can also mean ā€œgreater,ā€ right? But, I wrote this part too soon:

Holy Light, you would fail math with that. Go look up the ā€œdeviate from the normā€ in reference to math, and it should jog your memory, namely, that little chart with a bell curve that has these numbers underneath:

-3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3

If you think ā€œthey mean the sameā€ā€¦yikes. I think pally is a bit overpowered right now (crusader nerf when?) but at least debate honestly, for once.

I mean it matters, itā€™s a 4 corpse head start (Iā€™d say before you needed to spend about 10-15 corpses for CNE to be worth anything, now itā€™s 6-11, which is better). But it doesnā€™t really improve itā€™s match ups much.

The main build Iā€™ve been going for it is a fast midrange deathrattle build, thatā€™s the one Iā€™ve had the most success with.

Corpse spenders are mosh pit, boneshredder, defrost. Instead of trying to fiddle around with expensive corpse brides and malignant horrors I hope stick.

Like I had a game today, where without doing much (as in without going out of my way to spend corpses) I filled my board with 7 16/10s while doing 12 damage face.

The Keeperā€™s Strength nerf seems right to me, But I really do not understand why it gives health. It has nothing to do with what the card is actually for and would be another reasonable change to keep the card focused on being a board clear.

I dislike Prismatic Beam so much on a fundamental level, just from how itā€™s designed. It is the most obvious, basic card of all time. I would rather they just kill it frankly. Give Paladin some other, different board clears. 9 mana is probably a fair cost for it (so it costs 5 when the opponent has 4 minions), but itā€™s basic as hell.

In my discussion with First I am referencing a post he made thatā€™s several days old. You obviously havenā€™t read it. Yes, the literal meaning of ā€œdeviate from the normā€ can mean below or above average. But in the context of the post I was actually talking about, which again isnā€™t in this thread, the clear connotation was that Paladin Ć¼ber alles.

If you want to keep discussing this, I recommend you go back, find the post by First, and read it in full. But honestly, this is a different thread and I wonder how much the past should be relitigated.

Admitting you quoted him out of context doesnā€™t help. And I did read it. Still nothing in there about ā€œless.ā€

Something a good number of you fail to realize, is that the ā€œquoteā€ function even if youā€¦and Iā€™ll use aldruis as an example (thanks and sorry aldruis):

Notice how I pulled a single letter. Now if you expand it, it shows our undead fellow posterā€™s ENTIRE post!

No, Iā€™m not a wizard, I just know how to forum.

So having read that, and your postsā€¦the point still stands. Doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m not in the "nerf pally camp (definitely am), but that the previous point still stands.

Which is also weird, because up to this moment, you were happily ā€œrelitigatingā€ the past, until someone else pointed out that you were wrong.

2 Likes

Devs are biased.
#Confirmed

1 Like

Iā€™m done with standard. Its nothing but DKs and druid, from my perspective. Much as I suck at BGs, Iā€™d rather play that.

Except the free casting requires that you either run no other spells or nothing below 3. Which means youā€™re giving up a lot (esp defile in this meta, which also pairs well with transporter).

Also, the extra damage often doesnā€™t matter because it hits lowest health first. So unless they have no minion, or one that is 4, 8 or 12 health, the extra damage doesnā€™t matter. So theyā€™re transforming it into more of a combo deck, where the goal is to build up sludges and explode them when your opponent has an empty board (either from hand with popgar or in the deck with steam cleaner).

This is fine, but IMHO, less good in this meta.

So? Your accusation was about what I meant, not what you recognize.

Oh I agree. Itā€™s apparent you donā€™t care about reality. You donā€™t care whatā€™s actually said or meant, only what you imagine them to be.

Or neither. Norm doesnā€™t have to mean average, just the most common thing.

Example: in many countries, more people own dogs as pets than cats. Dog is the ā€œnormā€. Does me stating that mean I think cats are lesser than dogs? No.

And the person who used the term was telling you outright which one it is.

But hey, you donā€™t care what I actually wrote or what the connotation was. You just imagine what I meant and continue to rage against that strawman in your head.

3 Likes

They do not.

Deviate is any variation from a fixed point or line regardless of direction.

You are assigning a connotation to the denotative meaning, which is your projection rather than a factual accounting.

By your parsing of the word, standard deviations can only be less than the mean, which is false on its face.

The issue is they took a class that was already very good at what it does and then gave it a stack of ways to cheat mana. That is always a recipe for disaster. Paladin does not need twenty mana crystals to act like a guff druid with all the current discounts.

They really needed to go harder at the cards the paladin decks share, maybe going so far as to rework several cards to have different effects.

Edit: I really, really do not like the current mage play either for the same reason - all of their cards do too much for the mana. Elemental Inspiration and Inquisitive Creation need to be really radically changed. You cannot tell me that dragon druid is a problem but those cards are fine.

1 Like

Because I didnt understand an image that had no legend or key in order to decipher it? How is that being a troll? I politely asked for an explanation because I could not determine what the image was meant to be communicating. This isnt trolling, this is merely a human looking at a thing and just not getting it. How you find that to be a troll like behavior says more about your cynicism of people than it does about my lack of knowledge of deciphering a not obvious to the lay person coded image. You may have seen something like the image before, and good for you, but I hadnā€™t. There is such a thing as something happening for someone for a first time, and that first time does not have to be in sync with your own first time. If you indeed were able to decipher the codes it was using to say what it does on your first try, and that first time seeing such an image was the same as my first time, kudos to you for your big brains. Calling me a name doesnt seem to be doing anything but making you feel better for punching down on someone you clearly see as lesser than you. Enjoy your ease to decipher the not obvious to me. I will continue to ask for clarification and explanations on things I dont get, as I see nothing wrong with being curious or asking for help understanding things.

I try not to gauge things like this in forums, but you have next to your name here a total of 2169 posts. I find it hard to believe youā€™ve NEVER, EVER seen these patch posts/images the devs have posted several times for a few years now, which are re-posted here by forum goers.

If you havenā€™t seen them, okay, but the math for the chances of you never seeing them just donā€™t add up to me. -shrug-

Add in the fact when you have complaints itā€™s always the same thing, which is fine, but you openly refuse to do anything to get better despite advice.

So, it feels troll-ish. Sorry.

5 Likes

If you find it such an unlikely event I suggest you take a peek at my post history and see if Ive posted any replies where such an image would have been posted in the past. It would be news to me if you found any such posts by me in any such thread. I also dont know of any time there have been threads about patches that werent just ā€œX card nerf is lameā€ or ā€œY Card Buff is making me uninstallā€ type threads. I have never seen anything like an official Blizzard Patch or Game update thread posted here. I have been linked to known bugs threads but other than that, I have never seen any official blizz made threads here.

Take a look in my history, if you find anything that disputes that its news to me.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m not going to do that lol

Like I said

Iā€™m not that invested, man. Frankly, I think the picture is pretty straightforward, but it SEEMS like you just donā€™t put an effort into things OR your trolling. Iā€™m just telling you what Iā€™m seeing and translating from your comments.

Essentially, it was some subtle food for thought more so than actually calling you out on anything

2 Likes

You see a cryptic image without any legend or Key to decipher it. You are able to make sense of it. Congrats. I am not you, and you cannot assume I have the same things in my brain as you do in order to come to that same conclusion as you did. It isnt like we are discussing what a STOP sign might mean. We are talking about a bunch of circular images with colors and arrows and plusses and minuses and apparent grouping. Something Iā€™ve never encountered before. So having no context to go from, such as it was referring to nerfs and buffs and minions being reintroduced to bgs and minions saying goodbye from itā€¦ I dont see how someone without that bit of info can come to the conclusion you assume I should. It isnt trolling to not have all the info. Have you noticed I asked for an explanation as to what I was seeing? Thats curiosity, a way in which I better myself. Its how I gain knowledge about a thing. I ask questions about it. Perhaps where you went to school you were punished for asking questions, but where I went that was about 99% of what every school day entailed, us asking questions. Assuming someone is a troll because they asked a question to understand a thing they are curious about, is justā€¦ wellā€¦ i lack the words to adequately describe.

I mean if you really want to get into it.

There are two sides to the image. One side, the left, has smaller images of the cards in question to receive an adjustment (Iā€™m assuming you know this image indicates adjustments btw), the other side, the right side, also has smaller images of cards with intended adjustments.

Notice the color surrounding the images. Theyā€™re different, right? One is green, the other side is red. In these images, keeping in mind the color, youā€™re telling me you canā€™t insinuate, given the nature of these patches, one may mean buffs while the other means nerfs? Let alone which one may mean which? I feel like this would be one of those puzzles on a kids show where the cartoon turns to the audience and asks for help.

If you could quote where I said ā€œYouā€™re a trollā€ā€¦

This is all youā€™ll find, btw. ā€œSEEMā€

If youā€™d like to increase your knowledge, please feel free to ask what it means and how it isnā€™t an implication towards actually being something, OR go back and read what Iā€™ve already typed out with an open, less defensive mind.

After that, I donā€™t know what else to say!

Again, Iā€™m sorry, you are coming off as a troll here, and Iā€™m done feeding you. Enjoy your misery.

1 Like

Thats on you and your interpretation of me clearly indicating where you assumed wrong. How that is being a troll or in your words, ā€œcomes off as being a trollā€ is ludicrous. If the image clearly indicated in words that the image I was viewing was about nerfs and buffs, Id like to see where in that image it said so. As I dont recall seeing any words at all, no key, no legend. Just red circled images, green circled images. Plus signs and minus signs. But nothing to indicate at all what it was referencing.

Literally, for some time now: GREEN = Buff.

RED = Nerf.

Now, beyond this would be more seculative, but based on the red/green thereā€™s a few safe bets that have been discussed here.

And people want to drag me for my pog joke, when being willfully obtuse has hit levels that shouldnā€™t even be possible.

degrassetysonimage.jpg

Unironically capping yet another blog post trying to cover how wrong you are on a topic.